PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Bucs, Marpet replacement found

To all the gate-keepers of cheer:

Thornton is going to be amazing. Easy 1000yd receiver and will take the top off of every defense we play. Best selection of the draft.

Thornton puts pressure on Agholor to figure out how to get separation.
Agholor issue is his cap hit not his play.
But you could assume they replaced him with Parker, so you have Parker, Bourne, Meyers if the rookie isn’t ready making agholor extremely tradable if anyone will take the contract. Since it’s the last year that may happen with a team flush with cap space. Getting anything back is gravy, it’s about the cap space.

KC was going to take him, I bet.

That's what I'm thinking too - lost the speed guy, a lot of Thornton's highlights are him getting the ball 5-10 yards down field and hitting the afterburners too.

That was my athletic comparison for him Moss and Robbie Anderson he’s a Clydesdale.
Now if they draft Jalent Tolbert or John Metchie WR could be fixedz

Rousing endorsement from Walter Football
View attachment 42814

Gave the same grade to Strange last night.

On the other hand he rated the Mac pick a D- last year so let's hope he nailed these two opinions just as well.
Those guys spend all year drinking their own kool-aid. The draftees are going to be rookies in a league so far beyond college football no one can know how they will do. How many NFL wins do Kiper or any of those nerds at Walter football have on their resumes?

And, for the record, I like Walter Football for what it is.

One thought: worth noting that BB traded up four spots to get a WR, and three of the next four picks are WRs.

I have no idea if anyone one else was coveting Thornton, but it does suggest they saw a likelihood he wouldn't be there at 54.
Probably got the intel on the WR run and had Thornton as the highest WR on their board and didn't want to chance losing him. Groh did say they wanted to get faster it doesn't get much faster than this guy, who may be the fastest player in this draft. Faster than Tyreek Hill and much faster than Waddle.

Thorton highlight tape is impressive, he's got good size and hands. His body type and playing style kinda remind me of Randy Moss, just a smidge smaller.
If you saw Moss in shorts and a tee-shirt you know he was built a lot stronger than you would have thought.

I have rock bottom expectations for this kid

STFU You Idiot, I thought you were leaving after last night you Cu.t!
All you do is WHINE, SHUT THE **** UP AND ENJOY THE DRAFT INSTEAD OF BEING A TOTAL DOUCHE.
I have blocked whomever you're responding to but this is priceless gold.. Thank you.. I am dying laughing..

STFU You Idiot, I thought you were leaving after last night you Cu.t!
All you do is WHINE, SHUT THE **** UP AND ENJOY THE DRAFT INSTEAD OF BEING A TOTAL DOUCHE.

There's this thing called the "ignore" function.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents