PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy the Bills just took looked absolutely devastated!

I'm good with emotions, but try and keep them in check. I'm not saying we have to agree with everything they do, but at the same time, the ability to have the benefit of the doubt until we see this kid play would be my preference ;)
Bill lost the benefit of the doubt in my opinion when drafting wide receivers when he drafted nkeal harry, Aaron Dobson, chad Jackson, bethel Johnson, Taylor price and Brandon Tate. That string of top 3 round busts is hard to top. I truly hope Thornton turns into randy moss. But the benefit of the doubt is not there, at least not from me.

And spare me with Malcom Mitchell and Edelman. Mitchell fell to where he was because of the degenerative knee (and had only one half a season of doing anything). Edelman was an A+++ pick but he was playing cover his rookie year so I don’t know if they had an idea what he was when they drafted him

Ughh. James Cook to the Bills who will give them a good throwing option out of the backfield. We better get a fast LB to cover him.

We did, last year. He's had a year to heal up and learn the system. Will be way ahead of any rookie coming into camp.

I hope this is the last time you put Jakcobi and T Thornton in the same sentence no comparison there tortoise and Hare.
I didn't compare Thornton and Jakobi. I compared Bethel Johnson and Jakobi Meyers who have the same 10yd split, 1.55.

Always love the NFL pretending to give a sh*t about the military

Did Travis Jones flip someone off??

Given we've gone uber-athletic with both our first two picks, we may as well pencil in Tariq Woolen or Zyon McCollum at 85.

Ugh, not looking forward to Cook battering the Pats porous front
Battering? Or running around? He's a speedster, not exactly a strong runner.

Nothing says how smart someone is as much as them declaring themselves smart.
I literally said there were many people way smarter than me . And than I said I am somewhat smart. I didn’t exactly declare myself a genius in that post

Bucs trade up for a tackle...

Saw a report that the tackles at the combine were stiff and looked worse than they had in many years, with the exception of the first rounders.
Drafted to play guard

Everyone don't forget... Many 'experts' had Ryan Leaf as the number 1 overall prospect and they all had him as top 10.

1. Does my crying and griping do anything? Yes. It makes me feel better
2. There are a lot of people a lot smarter than me. I just wish they were involved in the patriots draft process,
3. I am an optimist. But I am also a realist…and somewhat smart. I know what I see. I have opinions. And this website allows me to share my opinions . So I say what I feel
1) I just don’t understand how crying and griping like make you feel better. How does that work? You are happy being miserable?
2) They are.
3) Dude you made me spit my crown royal all over my phone.
Why not, since really you have no honest clue about these players look for the positive? Because people who can’t make a living in the NFL have a negative opinion about a player the patriots organization likes you freak out. How many of those guys are right more than the guy with the most rings?

I don’t know anything about him and maybe he is a reach according to his draft stock. But I’m not upset with taking a stab at a WR. For a start at least he is speedy, better physical skill set than Harry brought in.
One of Thornton strengths is that he gets separation on routes, so not Harry

Need to shore up D.

- DT run stuffer to stop Taylor (Colts)
- DE to get to Josh Allen.
- Fast instinctive LB to cover TEs (Mark Andrews, Travis Kelce)
- CB help after the draft is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick