PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

New Orleans works too as far as I'm concerned. It's probably as good as landing in Dallas. Watching Brady beat Bowles twice would be a good time.
New Orleans is a wild card out of all the potential landing spots! The only way I can see Brady ending up there is if somehow Sean Payton returns as head coach and Dennis Allen goes back to being defensive coordinator! Between Bowles and Allen I don't know who's the bigger deer in the headlights on the sidelines

Retirement may not be out of the picture

In fact I may lean towards that right now

I think it is more likely that all of the frustration from this past year both personally, and professionally is boiling over for Brady. As I said in a previous post, I’ll be very interested to see what the market is like for him at age 46 in light of what he put on tape this past season. I do wonder if GM’s look at him differently and realize he needs an awful lot of support for the team to be successful. I still think he is more likely to return them to retire, but as we have been saying now for quite some time he really does need the perfect fit. And perhaps that is weighing on him as well.

rady will never go to Dallas.
Jerruh Jones wouldn't stand it if everything goes well and they win the Superbowl Tom would get the majority of the credit. Jerry wants to win his way
That's easily overcome with Jerry publicly embracing the move. All Jerry has to say is he's bringing in Brady because he thinks Brady gives the Cowboys the best chance to win a Super Bowl. That makes it Jerry's way.

If the 49ers win the Super Bowl, there is no way Purdy isn't the starter next year.

If they lose with Purdy playing terribly, I think it's 50/50 Brady ends up in Santa Clara. Between Jimmy G in 2019 and this, it may inspire the 49ers to say enough is enough and we need an established top 10 QB.

Brady as a 49er would make them by far the best team in the NFC imo.
Like I said before, the 49ers just need to lose with Purdy not playing well or at least not doing enough. Then it's still Garoppolo-like allover again. Step in Brady to finally put the team over the top in 2023.

Both the Cowboys and the Niners should sign Brady to a one-year deal

His stats are safe

Not safe enough. Brady has to come back for one more year. The number of wins is probably safe.

Mahomes average is a bit down cause he sat the 1st year. He's a real threat for the TD crown.

There's also Herbert who is more of a classic pocket passer. He also didn't sit a year and started at a younger age. He's a bigger threat for the passing yards title.

Not safe enough. Brady has to come back for one more year. The number of wins is probably safe.

Mahomes average is a bit down cause he sat the 1st year. He's a real threat for the TD crown.

There's also Herbert who is more of a classic pocket passer. He also didn't sit a year and started at a younger age. He's a bigger threat for the passing yards title.
if it’s LV or MIA that seems like great spots for his career numbers if he plays 2 more seasons. lots of weapons

All reports have Brady coming back so he’ll add to the stats ether it’s with Adams in Vegas or he stays in Tampa

I bought some men’s health magazine with Brady on the cover back around summer 2013 and he mentioned something about how cool it would be to play till he’s 50. I remember reading that and thinking “holy ****, if he actually does that, rule changes and extra games won’t even be enough to break his passing records”

His stats are safe

I'm not sure they're entirely safe. Mahomes is going to be great for a very long time even if he has to play from the pocket more as he ages. It seems nearly impossible when you look at the enormity of Brady's regular season and postseasons numbers but any one of the league's top young QBs (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, etc.) could go on a run of 40+ and 5000+ seasons with the 17 game schedule. And with the ever expanding postseason who knows how many shots these guys will have at blowing up their postseason numbers too.

I'm not sure they're entirely safe. Mahomes is going to be great for a very long time even if he has to play from the pocket more as he ages. It seems nearly impossible when you look at the enormity of Brady's regular season and postseasons numbers but any one of the league's top young QBs (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, etc.) could go on a run of 40+ and 5000+ seasons with the 17 game schedule. And with the ever expanding postseason who knows how many shots these guys will have at blowing up their postseason numbers too.

And just wait until the double elimination playoff format in five years :rofl:

Problem is that 18 game schedules with no playoff bye because there are now 8 teams in each conference wears a player down faster and more opportunities to lose early.

You can cross out Allen. He started slow and has missed games. He's a bruiser in the Roethlisberger mold and will slow as he ages.

You can also cross out Burrows who started at 24yo. He's already 2 years behind Herbert who started at 22yo.

Of the established QB, it's just Herbert and Mahomes who are a threat.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back