PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

On the bright side, Mahomes should supplant Fivehead at some point on an all-time list.
I was a professional Manning hater early in my career but move to being a Rodgers hater. To be fair to five head , Mahomes needs 3 rings and a few more MVPs to pass him.

It's only fair look how everybody treated TB12. He always needed 5 to supplant Montana

I know everyone in here remembers after Brady beat SEA and had equaled or surpassed Montana in everything important. that still wasn’t enough for a lot of people. it was “well he needs another one”

Man…I was having a decent morning. I feel like I got punched in the face. But hey, he didn’t keep us waiting on the edge of our seats. He just came right out with it. There’s dignity in that.

man what the ****

at least I can be done with this **** league if he’s done for real

man what the ****

at least I can be done with this **** league if he’s done for real
He’s 45. He is obviously emotional in this video. Why would this not be “for real”. You think that’s AI or something?

I can definitely understand. I much rather he stayed retired then to comeback for this past meaningless dumpster fire of a season in Tampa. It's painful to see him walk away because I think he still had at the very least 2 more great seasons in him

I can definitely understand. I much rather he stayed retired then to comeback for this past meaningless dumpster fire of a season in Tampa. It's painful to see him walk away because I think he still had at the very least 2 more great seasons in him
It's painful to see him walk away after the underperforming season he had due to terrible OC, injured oline, 32nd ranked running game, and sleepwalking Evans.

2023 was supposed to be the get right year, ughhh. And it had to be another team other than Tampa to get right cause they stink.

Not gonna suddenly back track. I wanted him to play more and to stat pad if necessary. But maybe part of his rational is that yes we all still saw a good deal of greatness but it was now being clouded by periods of it just not looking right. And that’s when you know it’s time to walk, not last year when you should have been MVP.

It's painful to see him walk away after the underperforming season he had due to terrible OC, injured oline, 32nd ranked running game, and sleepwalking Evans.

2023 was supposed to be the get right year, ughhh. And it had to be another team other than Tampa to get right cause they stink.
that last game against ATL is making me more pissed than before. complete ******** for him to get pulled with the lead, the backups screw everything up, and he gets the loss and his first and only losing season

I said yesterday I wouldn't rule out retirement.
I just had this feeling, but thanks guys for all your work in this thread.

Not gonna suddenly back track. I wanted him to play more and to stat pad if necessary. But maybe part of his rational is that yes we all still saw a good deal of greatness but it was now being clouded by periods of it just not looking right. And that’s when you know it’s time to walk, not last year when you should have been MVP.
I thought we were going to get 1-2 more years of stat padding on LV or SF. it’s crazy because it seems the SF QB job opened up

I agree that there's a decline but there was still enough greatness left to be great in the right situation and he had that in possibly 3 teams in SF, LV, and Miami.

In 2019 he didn't have a lot of great choices outside of Tampa. Ironically, in 2022 he has more potential destination,. Like 5 to 10 possibilities.

I thought we were going to get 1-2 more years of stat padding on LV or SF. it’s crazy because it seems the SF QB job opened up

I bet there’s word traveling through the grapevine that Kyle is just not interested. That it’s gonna be Lance vs Purdy in training camp simple as that.

I bet there’s word traveling through the grapevine that Kyle is just not interested. That it’s gonna be Lance vs Purdy in training camp simple as that.
Honestly, I'm shocked he didn't give it one more go the way the season went.

Maybe it wasn't just SF, but LV, Miami, and Tampa hinting that they weren't interested through the grapevine. That makes sense to me that he's doing it now instead of waiting until March.

Maybe it wasn't just SF, but LV, Miami, and Tampa hinting that they weren't interested through the grapevine. That makes sense to me that he's doing it now instead of waiting until March.
His heart wasn't in it anymore.

All I'm going to say in regards to San Francisco is that they're getting they deserve ×'s 2!

Last edited:

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back