PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

If they can take Darnell Washington by trading up, Michael Wilson and Blake Freeland . That would be a home run
I thought that we might draft Washington or Freeland.

I'm fine with a utility player who could be Dugger's backup.

Mapu is clearly a linebacker.

I know of no 245 pound safeties, so why are people comparing him to Chung?
Mapu is listed at 6'3 217 lbs. That's why people are talking about him as safety. This is usually way too light for a Patriots linebacker. Unless BB is turning over a new leaf?

JASON LMFAO

He just clowned Mahomes and then **** on KC barbecue immediately after. Dude is gonna get shot on stage
Just saw it - greatest pick announcement ever.

Our pick announcements should always be like this. Just **** on whichever city hosting draft by bringing up our respective records

Don‘t forget Dugger is a free agent next year and likely will command top safety money. So may have just drafted his replacement when he leaves next year.

Nobody wants to give him a medal, it's just there are green shoots of sanity. But man are we on a defensive kick tonight. But it really feels like "they don't cross the line of scrimmage. You blitz all night. Let's make them remember forever the night they played the Titans I mean the Patriots." As in, fuggit, in this division, everybody's zigging, let's zag for a year and become a truly feared D while we figure out things on offense like who's playing T and whether either of the young QBs is good.
They struggled to score. The offense was and is pathetic. Not one lineman after they signed all those retreads

Mapu is clearly a linebacker.

I know of no 245 pound safeties, so why are people comparing him to Chung?

Everything I see says he is 6'3", 220 lbs. Not seeing 245 anywhere.

Looks like our new Free Safety to me. Tall, instinctive, can walk down into the box and cover a TE, fast, seems like a DMac clone to me - not Duggar.

Bill gave us false hope in round 1. Terrible pick here.

And I got roasted for saying that BB is not a good GM… First round pick was sitting there somehow and luckily, he got a fourth with it… No one knows why the guy was not picked sooner… Other than that not sure why we made the DE pick over a OL or top WR prospect….. but hey… in BB we trust

And there wasn't a #1 WR available today in the draft. Making the D dominant is better than drafting a WR who is redundant (at best) to what you already have.

Taking a chance on a WR yesterday over the stud CB is the argument, I guess. Give me the CB.
Im fine with the CB in rd 1, thats not the issue. The reach for the hybrid LB/S is the issue.

49ers traded up.

Don‘t forget Dugger is a free agent next year and likely will command top safety money. So may have just drafted his replacement when he leaves next year.
Yeah forget about replacing sucky players and focus on guys who you anticipate leaving

Mapu is listed at 6'3 216 lbs. That's why people are talking about him as safety. This is usually way too light for a Patriots linebacker. Unless BB is turning over a new leaf?
BB used to like safety in the box to blitz and cover TE/RBs.

Love some of these clips of of Marte Mapu - so fast and strong. Not to compare but he's same height and a bit lighter than Micah Parsons..

Love some of these clips of of Marte Mapu - so fast and strong. Not to compare but he's same height and a bit lighter than Micah Parsons..
The "lighter" part is the problem but we'll see. I like him, will have to see how it goes.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back