PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL 2023 Post Game Thread: Week 16 - NE @ DEN

Immediate Postgame Reactions
He is the greatest ever. Cherry picking and generalizing while ignoring the circumstances doesn’t stack up to the positives which are far greater than anyone else who has ever done the job.

Nice that you think he hasn’t been a good talent evaluator in a timeframe that include 3 SB championships , yes that is more any active hc or GM.

Without Brady he's a far cry from the greatest ever.

The numbers don't support it at all.

it's you who's cherry picking

Bill left quite a few titles out there by refusing to address the WR situation for almost the entire time he's been here and that 5 year stretch where he couldn't find a defense back to save his life.

Panthers were a whisker away from winning n putting us at #1 pick. Redskins did their successful choke job and we decided to win to put ourselves 4th.

Crappy series of results but take solace in ending Denver's playoff hopes.

Well, they gave away the chance to put anything around him by trading their #1 this year to get him.

#1 picks are precious, and should not be sloughed off so easily.

The piper WILL demand payment eventually.
They could have stayed out and drafted jalen Carter last year and be picking #1 this year.
They would have still had DJ Moore plus 2 other 2nds.

One of the worst trades in the history of the nfl. Up there with Lance and many other trade ups for the can’t miss unproven high who misses.

Without Brady he's a far cry from the greatest ever.

The numbers don't support it at all.

it's you who's cherry picking

Bill left quite a few titles out there by refusing to address the WR situation for almost the entire time he's been here and that 5 year stretch where he couldn't find a defense back to save his life.
There is not a reality that exists without Brady so that’s an ignorant statement.
The numbers absolutely support he is the greatest ever, who is even a close 2nd?
He won a lot of titles by not falling for the WiDE reEeeCeeevers ARe aLl thAT mAtTer foolishness.
Please identify the 5 year stretch you think we had a bad secondary.

And then, tell me who’ve wr did better.

We've all been focused on OFFENSE, obviously, regarding the draft, but there are some tremendous defensive players coming out - and it's a strong possibility that the first 5 picks won't all be offense. For the Pats, seems like it should certainly be offense in Rds 1, 2, and 3.
So with that prelude: Last night was a blast to watch. Happy for the team and hoping Ryland put the yips behind him and hoping Zappe continues to develop.

It's going to be a helluva interesting offseason (and I still strongly believe BB is back).

The problem with keeping BB is that he is very likely to just go all defense in rounds 1-3 again when it's obvious we're in desperate need of help on offense. The man is still a great defensive coach but he's a dinosaur in terms of talent evalution and team building. The only reason he won so much in New England is that he had TB12 to make the offense work despite him making terrible draft blunders year after year.

Well 4 years post-Brady we have hit the bottom. Let's put it this way if BB didn't have Brady for 20 years, he'd go down in history as just another Rex Ryan, a very nice defensive coordinator but not much more than that.

Now am I happy that we beat the Broncos at Mile High. Of course, the euphoria factor is there. Beating a hated team gives a lot of satisfaction. However long term this does hurt our draft picks. And that's the future of this franchise. Tankathon NFL now has us at the #4 pick instead of the #2 pick. Forget Williams or Maye, we might not even get Marvin Harrison Jr. now.

Any further wins only hurts our future even though it might give short term satisfaction. It's time to shut it down. Moral victories don't help when you don't have talent.

But hey at least we get to celebrate a Christmas win. So at least that's a positive feeling to hold onto for the holidays.

PS Zappe showed me more in his sprinkling of starts this season than Mac Jones has shown all this year and last year. I'm not convinced that Zappe is more than a backup QB in this league but at least he's better than Mac who looks to be ruined beyond salvage thanks to BB's mishandling of his development.

You're gonna crown Gonzalez on 2.5 games? Bold.
You’re gonna say he wasn’t a great pick after watching him in those games? Ignorant.

Brady would be first to admit, it couldn't possibly be just him. Brady had some very poor performances...
when the OL was bad, weak run support, no clutch WR's.
That's one hallmark of the last 3 years - inconsistent/subpar OL, which leads to unproductive run game, which puts all the pressure on the average WR's, and exposes the weakness of the QB.
It needs to be a complimentary solution. Not just a high-profile QB.

You're gonna crown Gonzalez on 2.5 games? Bold.
Are you going to declare him not suitable for today’s NFL after an injury shortened season where he was excelling?

I'm on the fire Bill wagon. But it does say something that the team was still fighting tooth and nail for him at 3-11.

There is not a reality that exists without Brady so that’s an ignorant statement.
The numbers absolutely support he is the greatest ever, who is even a close 2nd?
He won a lot of titles by not falling for the WiDE reEeeCeeevers ARe aLl thAT mAtTer foolishness.
Please identify the 5 year stretch you think we had a bad secondary.

And then, tell me who’ve wr did better.
2008 to 2013 they were pretty horrendous.

Letting branch and givens go cost them the 2006 Superbowl.

As for the Brady thing. I'm not going to continue to discuss it ad nauseam. But the numbers without Brady, which is a huge sample size (8 seasons) are not even middle of the pack.

You can't give Bill best ever status without acknowledging the fact that he had the best player of all time at the most important position doing all the work.

You can repeat to your blue in the face that Bill is best ever but my statement rings true. Every time.

Are you going to declare him not suitable for today’s NFL after an injury shortened season where he was excelling?

I'm not declaring anything other than Bill has had a really ****ty time drafting. I hope he works out but for now, he's just a rookie with almost no playing time .

Brady would be first to admit, it couldn't possibly be just him. Brady had some very poor performances...
when the OL was bad, weak run support, no clutch WR's.
That's one hallmark of the last 3 years - inconsistent/subpar OL, which leads to unproductive run game, which puts all the pressure on the average WR's, and exposes the weakness of the QB.
It needs to be a complimentary solution. Not just a high-profile QB.

No one is saying it's just Brady.

But Brady's 3 seasons without Bill went a whole lot better than Bills 8 seasons without Brady.

These are undeniable truths.

Bill was better with Brady and Brady was JUST FINE without Bill.

There's nothing to debate there and I wish these people would stop.

No one is saying it's just Brady.

But Brady's 3 seasons without Bill went a whole lot better than Bills 8 seasons without Brady.

These are undeniable truths.

Bill was better with Brady and Brady was JUST FINE without Bill.

There's nothing to debate there and I wish these people would stop.
The Patriots 20 years with BB were better than the 40 without. Brady never had a pick, a sack, a field goal, a safety, a fumble recovery for a TD, but BBs team did all of those things and more.

BB couldn't bench Corky Jones because of where he was drafted.

I am believing more and more that Kraft was the one behind the move to keep Corky as the guy. Germany was where Kraft finally came to the realization that Corky will never be an NFL franchise QB.

For instance, when asked Tuesday if he could sit Mac Jones for a week if he felt that the quarterback needed a quick reset, O’Brien said he wouldn’t be able to do it.

“We don’t make those calls,” O’Brien said. “There’s a chain of command. The chain of command is Mr. Kraft at the top, then it’s Bill Belichick, and then I would say the assistant coaches are somewhere down in here.

The Patriots 20 years with BB were better than the 40 without. Brady never had a pick, a sack, a field goal, a safety, a fumble recovery for a TD, but BBs team did all of those things and more.

There's not a whole lot to say other than if you pick Bill instead of Brady for those 20 years than you really didn't pay attention.

One of these guys proved they didn't need the other and it wasn't Bill.

You cant contribute any of those 20 years to Bill and just write off Tom.

I do understand that we want the highest pick possible because it gives you some excitement for the future.
But I’m sorry. I will never root for us to lose.
The Draft is a crap shoot. So there is a good possibility that we wish for our team to lose and then get a bust with the 2nd pick. These top 2 QB’s scare the crap out of me.
Rather win and take a OT that will be with us for the next 10 years
The only QB I like is Daniel’s. But he is slight and you would have to develop an offense around him
Win out and get a OT

We should have started Zappe week#1. We would be right in the Wildcard hunt. Mac Jones koolaid drinkers should be ****ing embarrassed with how bad their takes were all year. They’re partially responsible for helping to ruin the season. Good job.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back