PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incorrect. The Pats would save $5M trading JuJu now. They wouldn't be responsible for the guaranteed salary and would only have the Signing Bonus Amortization.

I thought this was only after june 1. But if thats true id be open to moving him and parker

I thought this was only after june 1. But if thats true id be open to moving him and parker
Unless you are allowed to trade with CFL franchises now, probably not happening.

Unless you are allowed to trade with CFL franchises now, probably not happening.

We could do a late round swap… or even offer the higher round in that swap if we really want the extra cash and are planning on bringing in multiple wrs

Dion Dawkins playing games. He's getting a 3-year extension, not moving on.

If they restructure Juju by converting most of his $7M guaranteed salary into a signing bonus and then cutting him as a June 1st designation, they'd gain back around $3M of cap space with about $5.6M in dead money next year.
On June 2. One of the reasons this rarely gets used is the relief isn't immediate.

Don't think Dion Dawkins is worth that. Especially when the Bills are so tight to the cap.

But I guess they figure they probably have a 3 year window left at best

Brian Burns is my guy out of nowhere the Pats signs.

There's also got to he a LB Mayo likes and signs.

I'd rather sign Ridley to $15m for 2 years than trade for Tee Higgins. No way am I trading for a $25m contract, unless I'm trading a 5th.

The difference between pre- and post-6/1 trades is when dead money hits. It is always the case that all future obligations move to the new team unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back