PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this I'm leaning towards taking a WR @ 3 or Trading it and get a Nabers or Rome Odunze all have #1 Potential. We need an Elite WR pronto!
At first I wanted MHJ
Now I am leaning towards a QB
If the QB's don't rate high.
I would rarther trade down and get Odunze

I was just going to say something similar
There are probably some termination clauses in the contract that Ridley wants removed
That in itself scares me.
Thing is, he's the best player at the position on the market but he's hitting the market due to his past issues. We don't necessarily have reason to believe he will have issues in the future, but it's only smart to protect yourself if he does. So it becomes a matter of - do you pay him less because of his issues, or do you pay him market rate but build in a clause that lets you void parts of the deal if he crosses the line? Chances are it's the latter, and then the negotiating point becomes where "the line" is and how it is described legally in the contract.

I hope they didn’t sign Brissett with the intention on him just being handed the starting job, he should have a chance to compete for it but dudes a backup
I would hazard a guess that 8 mil for one year they didn't. But I would think that he is the perceived starter until the rookie (presumptively) beats him out/is ready to play.

So in other words they kinda did...

Give me Harrison Bryant and a CB and I’ll be happy.

what is it about Harrison Bryant that you like? He's a decent pass blocker, but sucks at run blocking. He's not had a season with more than 250 yards.

Not sure how credible this account is but Williams would be welcomed.

It’s probably too early to consider this scenario, but what about combining all of this with a trade up to #3 by the Chargers, for their #5, and a whole lot of ++++?

At first I wanted MHJ
Now I am leaning towards a QB
If the QB's don't rate high.
I would rarther trade down and get Odunze
Don't sleep on Nabers he's Slot guy who can also play outside very talented like A.J. Brown.

Henry to Ravens for 2 years and 16MM total. I would have paid that and then some.

Thing is, he's the best player at the position on the market but he's hitting the market due to his past issues. We don't necessarily have reason to believe he will have issues in the future, but it's only smart to protect yourself if he does. So it becomes a matter of - do you pay him less because of his issues, or do you pay him market rate but build in a clause that lets you void parts of the deal if he crosses the line? Chances are it's the latter, and then the negotiating point becomes where "the line" is and how it is described legally in the contract.
I think he and his agents are trying to make the point that since Jacksonville is in it that he's been a model citizen for them last year and not an off-the-field risk anymore.

Getting a Bosa we'd be in a lot of 6-3 games our D would be more than Elite. :cool:

It’s probably too early to consider this scenario, but what about combining all of this with a trade up to #3 by the Chargers, for their #5, and a whole lot of ++++?
Lol I would give up the 3rd straight up for all 4.

The Chargers are $25M+ over the cap and need to be compliant by tomorrow. So someone's getting traded/cut, probably multiple someones.
Allen is a UFA next year.. So cutting him would be less painful. Then they could convert some salary to signing bonus.

So, the Bengals ship out Mixon and add Zack Moss. . I think that's a downgrade.

Up the Ante Wolf...Ridley probably don't want to be part of a rebuild can't blame him but money $$$$$ talks. WR's after QB's is the most important part of a NFL Offense.

Ridley isn't coming here. He's staying in Jax. As long as Jax doesn't sign him PRIOR to the new year, they only have to send a 3rd back to Atlanta. If Ridley's contract went in today, They'd owe a 2nd round pick.

Wolf is going to fix this sometimes you have to pay Brother. :cool:
Score Yes GIF by Matt Cutshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back