PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Wolf is playing hardball. If he screws up, he's not named GM after a farce of interviews in May. This is not surprising to me. The whole You're New and The Coach Said You Have Cash To Burn narrative smacks of the agents are surprised the guy knows what he's doing. Truthfully, who the hell is he supposed to be throwing money at? The FA class is meh.
Yeah, I feel like Wolf really took Mayo in hand after the burning cash thing.

We can fill Back-up TE's on Day 3 Stover - Johnson - Wiley - Spann Ford - Sinnott and Tip Reiman all can be added on Day 3.

Tugjob Bob being cheap? SHOCKER /s
Or agents are trying to leverage the pats and their cap position to set the market at an artificially higher rate. Just because you can afford to buy a $50 cheeseburger doesn't mean you should.

Nah, Kraft is cheap. Makes way more sense.

"Dude! *slams office door* STFU! I know Bill isn't here and we can say **** more freely, but these guys will be sharks with blood in the water!"

While it was refreshing as a fan, it's probably better to play with the cards a little closer to the vest.

Probably more so glaser, I'll say though I'm not mad at the moves being made.. getting out of bad contracts in Parker, retaining our own players, still waiting for the big fish though.. hearing that for Ridley it's between us and Jax..

Give me Harrison Bryant and a CB and I’ll be happy.

"Dude! *slams office door* STFU! I know Bill isn't here and we can say **** more freely, but these guys will be sharks with blood in the water!"

While it was refreshing as a fan, it's probably better to play with the cards a little closer to the vest.
Lol, except wolf isn't his boss RKK is.. mayo and wolf both report to ownership.. but your right though was funny. Lol..

I also think the pecking order hadn't been firmly established in those early days after naming Mayo. I think everyone is a lot clearer on who is making the financial decisions.

What'll be interesting to see is when Mayo is coaching and a player Wolf drafted doesn't get as much playing time under Mayo as Wolf thinks he should. Then we'll find out who is calling the shots.

Mixon to the Texans.

I also think the pecking order hadn't been firmly established in those early days after naming Mayo. I think everyone is a lot clearer on who is making the financial decisions.

What'll be interesting to see is when Mayo is coaching and a player Wolf drafted doesn't get as much playing time under Mayo as Wolf thinks he should. Then we'll find out who is calling the shots.
Agreed. As Curran mentioned on TV, Mayo is the HC with roster imput, working collectively with wolf. Both men report to RKK. Wolf has final say on roster transactions.. but I believe Mayo controls who plays, and who doesn't as he is the HC of course..

Considering that Ridley’s agent has resorted to leaking interest from a nonexistent “darkhorse” team, it sure looks like the Pats are offering the most money to free agents but they still want more on top of that.
Yeah, I get the sense that the Patriots are the highest bidder but not by a huge amount, and the terms of the deals don't have the level of guarantees that the top free agents hoped for. Like @Steve102 said, agents likely expected they could take advantage of "the new regime" and hoodwink them for big money, and are surprised to discover that Eliot Wolf isn't falling for that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back