PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, I’d be excited if we would just get some visit news, but we’re getting none of that either.

I’ll take:
- Charles Leno at LT
- Adoree Jackson at CB - I know he ducked last year, but the Giants did no favors putting him on an island. With Gonzo locking down the other side he will have help.
- Backup FS that will see the field a lot. Jam Curl comes to mind.

Leno
Jackson
Curl

Draft QB, WR, WR, TE, T, DL, Edge

There are a few better options than Jackson at CB. Including Kendall Fuller.

Jordan Fuller and Curl would both be nice additions at S.

And they apparently treat family like **** as well. Not gonna lie, hearing that report was one of the more disappointing things about this team in awhile. Hope it’s getting rectified

It's not that they "treat family like ****". It that they don't have special areas for families the way that other, newer, venues do.

It's not that they "treat family like ****". It that they don't have special areas for families the way that other, newer, venues do.
Yeah, was mainly venting there. I’ll edit that

Guessing we will sign or trade for a WR today.
Maybe a safety will be added.
Does Cleveland’s offense use a fullback at all?
Would love to see Smith and or Beckton under contract with us.
We have the cap to get both.
LT is definitely a gaping hole for us right now but there are serious concerns for both Smith and Beckton.

Smith was an excellent LT but has been sitting on the IR for quite a few seasons in a row. I think he has averaged missing 7-9 games a season for the last 3-4 years…yikes!

Beckton also has had massive injury issues and has never lived up to his 1st rd hype. He sucks tbh…

For me, Beckton is a “no go”. We’re better off going with someone already on the roster or from the draft. I would consider Smith, but the money/contract has to definitely have injury provisions. He’s excellent WHEN healthy.

In the end, we need to develop a LT either on the roster already (who?) or via the draft (1st-2nd rd pick this year or next).

There are a few better options than Jackson at CB. Including Kendall Fuller.

Jordan Fuller and Curl would both be nice additions at S.
Agree on K. Fuller, just don’t see him willing to come here.

I think a QB like Daniel’s could hit the ground running faster than McCarthy or Maye.
Which is why I don’t think he will be there at 3.
I think McCarthy is the pick unless some
Crazy Herbert trade comes to
Fruition.
Would you trade three first rounders for Herbert? I would Cousin. The Chargers are not much better on paper than we are,
DW Toys

How are the pats going to spend 150+ million in cap space in 2025 (that's what it might be with rollover) when there is 1 draft pick worth re-signing across two draft classes?

View attachment 57056
Home Alone Kevin GIF

How are the pats going to spend 150+ million in cap space in 2025 (that's what it might be with rollover) when there is 1 draft pick worth re-signing across two draft classes?

View attachment 57056
And BB probably wonders why he doesn't have a job Today The 2022 class induces vomiting. :yuck:

? 1?

Barmore, Rham, Marcus Jones, maybe Harris depending on how he does. Strange may be worth it too.
Don't get carried away it's Barmore only embarrassing Rham can be replaced and Strange is just well a horrible use of a First Rounder. I never forgave our GM for that ridiculous selection don't get me started. :rolleyes:

- Trade 34 and a 4th in ‘25 for Sneed (obviously assuming that an extension can be agreed upon).

- Sign Simmons to a 2 year deal.

***Best defense EVA***

They would only have to weaponize the offense enough to score 17+ points per game.

- Sign Smith to a 2 year deal with a void year to lessen ‘23 and ‘24 cap hits, to play LT and to mentor the OT that you plan to draft
- Sign WR Mike Williams to a 1 year deal which is heavy on incentives.
- Sign WR Samuel to a two year deal.

- Trade down from 3, pick up an early 2nd, an early 4th and a 1st next year.
- Take an OT and QB with first two picks (ordered determined by how the picks fall)
- Trade back into 2nd round using your high 3rd and high 4th and take the top remaining WR on your board.

1710435574129.gif

(but for reals, Wolfy, take the QB at 3, if you feel strongly that he can eventually be a high level/top 10 starter)

Get rid of the stupid taxes and then we'll stop complaining about it. Those states get by without them, why can't we?
Ah, so I see - all this *****ing isn't about the NFL players, but about TAXES! Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!!! So can we get rid of the political talk, please?

But okay, aside from the fact that the difference on the highest salaries in the NFL, tax-wise, state to state is SMALLER than the entry salary of a 7th Round Draft pick...

To answer your question, HERE...this is one of hundreds of studies that have shown the same damned thing:

It's even got pretty maps and everything.

Bottom line: you're focused on INCOME TAXES only, and yes, for rich people, California (which has the most rich people, the highest property values, etc.) hits them the hardest. Yes.

But for everyone else, those Nirvanas you seem to think exist actually hit YOU (unless you're rich) as hard or harder than the high-income-tax states, and that's not even accounting for the crappy services (Massachusetts is always near or at the top in Education, Health care, and quality of life - always).

My sister moved to Florida, falling for this same nonsense. It took her a couple of years, after I asked her to actually do a deep dive on her taxes in New York before and FL (high sales taxes, fees, and property taxes- all much more regressive than income tax) now, including looking at her sales receipts, that she realized it really wasn't any different. And that's not even accounting for the extra for trash pick-up and home insurance bills (she's not on the coast) that are $3500 more than I pay here in a house worth more than twice her house there (that's 7% on a NET income of $50,000).

That's why.

That's why I said "insipid".

So yes, for people making millions, those places are advantageous - but for people making millions, if they care about a couple of percent, they've got issues far deeper than their money.

And as I said above, the DIFFERENCE in taxes is less than the entry salary for the 53rd guy on the roster - that's why it's nonsense.

And PS: since I hope this will be the last word on this from me, the supposed TAX CUT from 2017 on the Federal level was a tax increase on many people in MA and in CA because of all the deductions they lost due to the SALT limitations. If you own a home in MA or particularly in CA, your taxes on that home alone will hover around or even be above the $10,000 limit, and then the income tax above that level will no longer be Federally deductible (at a higher rate than the state tax). There's a reason that places like Orange County CA went from red to blue - that "tax cut" cost many of those people lots of money.

Last edited:
Don't get carried away it's Barmore only embarrassing Rham can be replaced and Strange is just well a horrible use of a First Rounder. I never forgave our GM for that ridiculous selection don't get me started. :rolleyes:

Just because he wasn't worth a first rounder, doesn't mean he wouldn't be worth re-signing at a deal commensurate with an average starting guard (assuming his upward trajectory before the injury last year wasn't fool's gold).

Just because he wasn't worth a first rounder, doesn't mean he wouldn't be worth re-signing at a deal commensurate with an average starting guard (assuming his upward trajectory before the injury last year wasn't fool's gold).
Chris Jones buckled his knees already damaged goods sorry his Fifth year option won't be picked up. Also Strange is not very good.

Chris Jones buckled his knees already damaged goods sorry his Fifth year option won't be picked up. Also Strange is not very good.
He didn't say pick up the option. There's no way they pick up the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back