PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of hearing the trade back get a tackle or WR and get Pennix Jr late first or 2nd take too, like every team who hasn't got a confirmed long term starter isn't looking at these 2nd tier quarterbacks, you think teams like Seattle wouldn't like a future beyond Geno Smith in a year or two?

Anyone can take your guy you're targeting if you trade back, you could literally be trading yourself into the abyss.

You better be damn sure you not only don't like Maye/Daniels at 3 if you're going to trade you better pray to god they stink, if you trade and he becomes a pro bowl level QB then you're fired.

I'm sick of hearing the trade back get a tackle or WR and get Pennix Jr late first or 2nd take too, like every team who hasn't got a confirmed starter isn't looking at these 2nd tier quarterbacks.

You could literally be trading yourself into the abyss.
I don’t know man, an elite Oline can make the average QB or RB look really good. It really does start there.

Its a multi year rebuild. We kept all the guys we should've kept and didnt have to overpay for any of them. None of the guys out there made sense for us, they were either old (Tyron Smith, Keenan Allen) or overpaid (Calvin Ridley, Jonah Williams). We're not going to be a contender next year anyway, might as well keep our flexibility and save the cap space to roll over to next year when we're hopefully a little closer to contending. And I do hope we use some of the space to extend Barmore this offseason.

I don’t know man, an elite Oline can make the average QB or RB look really good. It really does start there.
Who are these average QBs?

People use Brock Purdy as an average QB being made to look really good but there's a chance Brock Purdy could actually be good, i mean the guys throwing 31 TDs 11 int in his 2nd year and has a 17-4 record.

I could argue if Brock Purdy was picked where Mac Jones was picked and had played exactly the same people would think he was a pro bowl level QB, draft position and Kyle Shanahan is the reason he's viewed that way.

7095ebe856b98d6070f67c9aab0c7fdc.png

Last time Tyron Smith played a full season Brady only had 4 SBs. Not sure why people wanted a 34 year old that's gonna miss at least a 1/4 of the season at LT. Between this and Allen do people want to the team to bring older guys that got injury issues?

So… Trent Brown, I guess.

Honestly not against your idea if he continues to go unsigned and takes another prove it deal. The 2 sides have some mending to do though

Fuxk Wolf, jackass has done nothing to help the team, I really hope this was a test run and his ass is kicked to the curb after the draft.

Honestly not against your idea if he continues to go unsigned and takes another prove it deal. The 2 sides have some mending to do though
There’s a chance that he gets it together under coach Peters but I kind of doubt it

Its a multi year rebuild. We kept all the guys we should've kept and didnt have to overpay for any of them. None of the guys out there made sense for us, they were either old (Tyron Smith, Keenan Allen) or overpaid (Calvin Ridley, Jonah Williams). We're not going to be a contender next year anyway, might as well keep our flexibility and save the cap space to roll over to next year when we're hopefully a little closer to contending. And I do hope we use some of the space to extend Barmore this offseason.
Tyron Smith made sense as that bridge LT so we’re not forced to play a rook week 1.

There’s a chance that he gets it together under coach Peters but I kind of doubt it

Could be worth it, where else are we going to spend money now.

55m under the cap now, how much more do we hafta use to hit the floor?

Sooo I guess the Pats are going to address WR,QB, LT, Corner and Safety in the draft? Jesus. Its really good that Drake Maye isn't going to see a snap this year. This is going to be ugly
If you pick a QB at 3 only going to be RTs left, all the LTs going to be gone.

Really needed a veteran LT band aid in FA.

Judon brings 10-15 sacks likely. That’s pretty valuable.

Not for nothing but it already has been a multi year rebuild. If they don't extend Barmore and just roll the cap that would be awful. You can't let that guy walk or piss him off by franchise tagging him.

Not torn up about missing out on Smith, but still the Patriots are sitting on a lot of extra money… and scary thing is I’m not sure if they have any intention of spending it

pulp-fiction_the-wolf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back