PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bears @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else hate that the Patriots playing in Foxboro don't get the "homefield calls" the way other teams do?

Yeah, this situation puts a much different spin on Bill's refusal to put his stamp on Mac over the last couple weeks... It makes me feel like Bill has a hunch about Zappe. Zappe's his guy.

Jones had his chance tonight. BB has seen enough of Jones throwing interceptions every game.

Defense misses Barmore
Trent Brown - never seen him look so bad when Mac was in there
Need to get Myles Bryant off the field

Really weird feeling right now. That's an extremely quick hook for Mac.
And worse - the play calls as soon as Zappe came in were completely different (and better/aggressive) than first qtr when Mac was in.
It really felt like the plan was to show that Mac isn't good anymore, and gain PR points for switching back to Zappe.
But, they didn't need to do all the smoke and mirrors. They could have kept Mac on ice until he healed more. Now, I fear his mental game will be shook too much to ever return. I can't see this going well. I don't think Mac will be a good soldier as #2 the rest of the season.
The play calls? I don't know anymore, I thought the argument was that Mac as been asked to be too aggressive and hence the turnovers. Now he was given a conservative set of plays and still turned the ball over? My issue is he does not make the defense work for the ball. The stupid Bears defend predicted Mac will do this, panic and throw off his back foot to them and guess what? He just did that. We may have broken Mac with that Bills windy game. Since then his confidence got shot.

Our defense has failed us but they can make it up to us in the second half. Mac just won't protect the ball. His picks are the worst because they are avoidable. Don't throw soft lobs into coverage under pressure. Mac is done for this game but we aren't done with him imo since it is still early into his career.

Defense misses Barmore
Trent Brown - never seen him look so bad when Mac was in there
Need to get Myles Bryant off the field
Can it be that some on the O-line wanted a different QB?

It's odd to me that Bill told schefter he expected to see both QBs tonight prior to the game.

Wonder if he will play this off as part of his "plan"

Anyone else hate that the Patriots playing in Foxboro don't get the "homefield calls" the way other teams do?
I thought we got one when we barely got the first down on a 3rd down. That’s the only one I remember.

Yeah, this situation puts a much different spin on Bill's refusal to put his stamp on Mac over the last couple weeks... It makes me feel like Bill has a hunch about Zappe. Zappe's his guy.
Not to mention... Bill was almost forced to take a QB last season. He was forced into Mac because he knew he couldn't go with Cam again. He must have saw something in Zappe since he drafted him this season too. and then Zappe got his chance.

Bill had a hunch before this game but needed a reason to pull Mac. I don't think you can pull Mac without giving him another chance. He did. Like I said earlier. He failed.

I thought Chicago was bad at stopping the run

Gotta exploit them

It's mostly about which officiating crew they draw. I don't remember much about Brad Allen (the ref in this game), but I do know when John Hussey, Jerome Boger, or anyone named Hochuli is out there, it goes pretty badly. Vinovich has treated the Pats well.

When's the last time our DL drew a hold?

So now belichick is saying Jones and Zappe are both playing in the second half? I guess he doesn't want to kill Jones's confidence after all

Did she say Bill said "it was the plan all along to swap QBs" and that both Mac and Zappe will play in the second half?

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand