PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bucs @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL has been a huge anchor for this offense. Could get very ugly fast, which seems to be what it would take to get Karras on the field.
I'd argue it's already ugly, it's been ugly for a while now and the Karras button should've been hit in the Jets game, let alone the Saints game... but it is what it is.

It's a bit mind-numbing at this point. It's effectively 4 games now without Brown. The "continuity" argument doesn't hold much water anymore. Who knows how long Brown will stay on the field next time once he gets back... just get your best 5 guys out there. They're already having communication breakdowns as is so the continuity isn't doing them a whole heck of a lot of good.

So you're response to having communication breakdowns is to changes the guys who are communicating and where they line-up? That never ends well.

Don't recall seeing a BB interview before the game before. He sounds like he hopes for a good fight but doesn't expect much. With TEN losing to the JETS today it's not the end of the world not winning this out of conference game but a win would be massive.

I'd argue it's already ugly, it's been ugly for a while now and the Karras button should've been hit in the Jets game, let alone the Saints game... but it is what it is.
Sorry Ross, but I disagree. Karras didn't look all that great in pre-season. At guard or at center. The only reason he got the back-up job is because everyone else was worse.

So you're response to having communication breakdowns is to changes the guys who are communicating and where they line-up? That never ends well.
I know it sounds dumb, I'm just saying - if the argument is to maintain continuity but they're still messing up then they're not gaining anything from that continuity.

Brown did the exact same thing in Vegas last year. "Calf injury" while getting paid that huge contract. Just cut this chump, he's a waste of a roster spot.

I guess one good thing is very little tape on this OL grouping. I hope communication doesn't become an issue though.

Sorry Ross, but I disagree. Karras didn't look all that great in pre-season. At guard or at center. The only reason he got the back-up job is because everyone else was worse.
I don't think Karras is a rock star, but I know Onwenu is a hell of a lot better at tackle then Herron or Durant. My guess is the drop-off from Onwenu to Karras is less than it is from Brown to Herron. I could absolutely be wrong.

Brown did the exact same thing in Vegas last year. "Calf injury" while getting paid that huge contract. Just cut this chump, he's a waste of a roster spot.

Trent Brown is a durable superbowl winning LT. But this dumb offensive staff keeps trying to play him at RT.

If you’re rooting for the bucs get out
I can't even believe how many "Pats fans" defend rooting for Bucs as if it's merely a 2nd NE team. Its not! Brady and Gronk left for personal gain, they don't care about you anymore. So, why would you be loyal to them in foreign colors? We, who know something about integrity and loyalty, know what it means to live and die with your town, your team. New Englanders who have suddenly become Bucs fans are akin to British loyalists in the 18th century. But, hey, this current globalist treasonous puppet government represents that exact sentiment, so I guess I can't be surprised. It's time to test your true colors!

So Carlton Davis and JC Jackson are playing while Trent Brown is out. That brings the injury tally of expected starters/key players (if you looked at this game a month or so ago) to this:

Patriots
  • Stephon Gilmore
  • Trent Brown
  • James White
  • Ja’Whaun Bentley
Bucs
  • Rob Gronkowski
  • Giovanni Bernard
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jason Pierre-Paul
  • Sean Murphy-Bunting (though addition of Richard Sherman)
  • Jamel Dean
Bucs have more players out, but their positions of depth are TE/WR and pass rushers. Overall, I think injuries are closer to a wash if Gilmore counts.

A second or two in the gun may collectively make a big difference in the game. They have to be physical running that ball and for god sake put that thing away until the whistle.

it is a long year, it does not have to be a coming out party for Mac. Control the game, chew up that clock. Football 101. They will mix it up but I fully expects them dropping a couple into coverage. Make it simple for Mac. When the shot is there....take it.

There is 0% chance we win this game, I just don't want to be embarrassed. I still want to see some growth in the offense, and really, some intensity and aggressiveness from the D. With the state of our OL (which was supposed to be the strength of the team) there's just not much we can hope for - including a "punishing run game" as everyone thought in TC.

I'd rather see Stevenson and Asiasi than Bolden and Smith after last week... but I know Bill always goes with the vets. Smith better have a career night to make up for last week. And I hope they really get JJ going. We can't survive without the White-role in full capacity.
Well you are clearly in the cat bird's seat in terms of gambling with the certainty you have.

I called it a TB blowout, then the starters started falling like flies. Regardless, unfortunately, I think the Pats will lose. That said, "0%" is a meaningless statement, and it's one you should go to a Tampa thread to make (not to be harsh.) That's why they play the games dude.

I probably have a really similar assortment of thoughts to yours about this game. But right now it's 0-0. We score first, and it's 7-0 or 3-0 or something and so on and so on. And you can talk about 0% of anything after 60 minutes of football (more if there's overtime.)

Thank you for the single most unrealistic assessment of our chances.

0%.

COME ON MAN. okay that said, settle in, crack a beer, try to root for the right side for a while :D

So Carlton Davis and JC Jackson are playing while Trent Brown is out. That brings the injury tally of expected starters/key players (if you looked at this game a month or so ago) to this:

Patriots
  • Stephon Gilmore
  • Trent Brown
  • James White
  • Ja’Waun Bentley
Bucs
  • Rob Gronkowski
  • Giovanni Bernard
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jason Pierre-Paul
  • Sean Murphy-Bunting (though addition of Richard Sherman)
  • Jamel Dean
Bucs have more players out, but their positions of depth are TE/WR and pass rushers. Overall, I think injuries are closer to a wash if Gilmore counts.

Yes but we need the advantage to help our cause. Maybe we still take advantage of the secondary if the Oline holds up but it's alot harder now.

He looked and is better at guard than the others are at tackle. And its not even about PP, their bigger problem is in running game which should be crucial..

Looking forward for Uche and Judon making at TB12 sandwich with extra guac.
Go Patriots!

If the Pats can win then hopefully they send one guy out for the season.

Somebody in the Front Office really fcked up, didnt do they're homework in scouting Trent Brown. The guy had the same injury for most of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back