PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got home from the game....

weaseled my way down to the 101 section at the end of the game to get in a few "swaggerlicious!!!!" bellows as Tubby Guts and Fraudcheese left the field

I haven't felt this satisfied after a Pats win in years....Ryan IS a major turd and this game HAD TO HURT....you could see he was about to....how can I put it?......CRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Wrecks Cryan....couldn't have happened to a BIGGER D-bag

just got home from the game....

weaseled my way down to the 101 section at the end of the game to get in a few "swaggerlicious!!!!" bellows as Tubby Guts and Fraudcheese left the field

I haven't felt this satisfied after a Pats win in years....Ryan IS a major turd and this game HAD TO HURT....you could see he was about to....how can I put it?......CRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Wrecks Cryan....couldn't have happened to a BIGGER D-bag

You should have broken him down with your taunts and then built him back up again by offering him a nice buffalo wing.

Re: Thoughts on the Jets Game

On the plus side, I should also mention that our run defense held the league-leading Jets rushing attack to almost 60 yards below their season average, and that we out-rushed the Jets.

I actually have a very good feeling about next week's game, and I'm glad that we left lots of room for improvement. I want us to peak against teams like Indy and NO, not against the Jets.

a very good accomplishment my PAT...... but w/ the unpredictableness of the O-Line I do not know what to think:confused:.... we are solid when HEALTHY but facing a TOP TEAM w/. in GAME INJURIES I do not know what to think:confused: (Unfortunately) :confused:

a very good accomplishment my PAT...... but w/ the unpredictableness of the O-Line I do not know what to think:confused:.... we are solid when HEALTHY but facing a TOP TEAM w/. in GAME INJURIES I do not know what to think:confused: (Unfortunately) :confused:

Unpredictableness?

The offensive line blocked like a turnstile in the second half. However, it did great in the first half. I sincerely hope that we get Light and Neal back this Monday night and that Vollmer and Kaczur nurse their dings as well. We're going to need our O-Line fully healthy for this stretch run that the team is about to embark on.

Unpredictableness?

The offensive line blocked like a turnstile in the second half. However, it did great in the first half. I sincerely hope that we get Light and Neal back this Monday night and that Vollmer and Kaczur nurse their dings as well. We're going to need our O-Line fully healthy for this stretch run that the team is about to embark on.

It did Kon when it was HEALTHY......... but ppl like VOLLMER (My man) were injured and unable to play:mad:...... this let the JETS back into the game..... us and our O-Line not at 100%.

TTYL time to watch a BS GERMAN movie and take notes:mad:...... JESUS to THINK college requires such a BS thing :mad:.... gg I will be back later:)

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts on the game:

Our defense played aggressive all the way through. I give Pees credit for not calling off the dogs and went after Sanchez all game. Even though we gave up that TD drive opening the second half, we didn't abandon the aggression and kept at it. It forced that late pick by Merriweather and sealed the game for us.

Bodden looked great.

Wilhite got picked on and I've noticed that teams have picked on him. He's got good quickness, speed, and change of direction to keep up with receivers but he seems to lack the awareness that the top DBS of the game have that allow them to make plays on the ball. Several times this year his guy has caught some important passes even though he's been right there but hasn't been able to make a play on the ball. Hopefully he'll learn with experience.

Welker was our MVP today.

Brady and the delay of game. SMH.

Maroney looked good. Even after the fumble, he stayed aggressive and ran hard. If our OL can block people, this guy can get us yards. Which leads me to my only gripe of the game.

WHY DO WE REFUSE TO COMMIT TO THE RUN?

Very frustrating second half. Lots of 4 WR sets running short routes. If this is supposed to be our equivalent of a running game, then it's not consistent enough. Especially against teams that play our WRs tight, those short routes become a cluster**** of WRs and DBs within 10 yards of the LOS. Welker got drilled several times because of this. The lack of imaginative playcalling after halftime is troubling.

One last thing: whoever calls Bill from upstairs and tells him to challenge plays, needs to be replaced. Another horrible set of challenges by Bill.

Here are my thoughts on the game:

Our defense played aggressive all the way through. I give Pees credit for not calling off the dogs and went after Sanchez all game. Even though we gave up that TD drive opening the second half, we didn't abandon the aggression and kept at it. It forced that late pick by Merriweather and sealed the game for us.

Bodden looked great.

Wilhite got picked on and I've noticed that teams have picked on him. He's got good quickness, speed, and change of direction to keep up with receivers but he seems to lack the awareness that the top DBS of the game have that allow them to make plays on the ball. Several times this year his guy has caught some important passes even though he's been right there but hasn't been able to make a play on the ball. Hopefully he'll learn with experience.

Welker was our MVP today.

Brady and the delay of game. SMH.

Maroney looked good. Even after the fumble, he stayed aggressive and ran hard. If our OL can block people, this guy can get us yards. Which leads me to my only gripe of the game.

WHY DO WE REFUSE TO COMMIT TO THE RUN?

Very frustrating second half. Lots of 4 WR sets running short routes. If this is supposed to be our equivalent of a running game, then it's not consistent enough. Especially against teams that play our WRs tight, those short routes become a cluster**** of WRs and DBs within 10 yards of the LOS. Welker got drilled several times because of this. The lack of imaginative playcalling after halftime is troubling.

One last thing: whoever calls Bill from upstairs and tells him to challenge plays, needs to be replaced. Another horrible set of challenges by Bill.

Brady and DELAY of GAME was an unusual site to see.....

fortunately it was not that COSTLY:) GG

Brady and DELAY of GAME was an unusual site to see.....

fortunately it was not that COSTLY:) GG

Brady and the delay of game has been a common occurrence this season. I don't know what to make of it.

Brady and the delay of game has been a common occurrence this season. I don't know what to make of it.

AGREED... that needs to stop..... but it was not the DECIDING FACTOR in this GAME:)..... we won this 1 despite PISS POOR TIME OUT MANAGEMENT of TIMEOUTS:)

Some random thoughts:

1. Defense set the tone for the game. Wilhite has been posterized quite a bit this year--it looks like he has great coverage and these qbs are making insanely good throws. Bodden hasn't been in too many posters and has been excellent. With 5 INTs, it's unlikely we'll have the dough to resign him

2. Dean Pees is killing this team's SB hopes. He almost let the game slip away, but Sanchez wouldn't accept his gift. Phil Simms keeps hinting at it too, stating that qbs thrive when NE gets conservative on D. What if we get up 10 points on the Saints? Is this BBDB gonna return? Things just don't change overnight.

3. Brady actually looked good rolling out to his right

4. Revis seemed more concerned about containing Moss than what was going on with the scoreboard. Seemed like Moss and Revis were in their own little world and it was a gm within a gm

5. What's up with our tight ends?

6. Crowd was into it--they aren't taking winning for granted anymore

7. Belichick outthought everyone again with those challenges. :confused:

8. Gosh we need Morris next week. I'm not gonna say anything about the running gm
9. No more Welker on punt returns plz.....he's gonna have 12 cracked ribs by season's end.
10. What was up with Brady trying to qb sneak it in the endzone at the end? No need to risk injury to the qb there---just call law firm or maroney and punch it in. Bizarre call.

It's pretty obvious that Maroney is going to have to somehow run for 300 yards in a game before anyone concedes that he runs hard, but still runs behind a bad run blocking O-Line.

dyam straight...my voice is gone

maroney.gif

dyam straight...my voice is gone

Dirty Sanchez and Rex made this win possible. They are figureheads of "losing" and we as PATS fans know we are better than our less significant rivals..... who we are better than 85 % of the time:)

Since I can't start a thread I figure I'll post in here.

Good luck the remainder of the season, you won't be having to deal with us divisional wise the remainder of the way. Just take care of Miami. No organization I dispise more than the Dolphins.

Congrats on a good win. I thought for a little while there that we would be coming back, but, nope. You guys did well, taking the opportunities that Sanchez gave you and turning them into TD's. We just had no answer for Welker as after Revis, our secondary is pretty much the suck.

Congrats once again and aside from the dbag in the Seymour jersey with the Mardi Gras beads (does he think Foxboro is in New Orleans?) I wasn't heckled too badly, as usual. Also seems like all Patriot fans hate this guy as I had about 2 rows of Patriot fans defending me against that fat, bald prick.

Last edited:

Good luck the remainder of the season, you won't be having to deal with us divisional wise the remainder of the way. Just take care of Miami. No organization I dispise more than the Dolphins.

Congrats on a good win. I thought for a little while there that we would be coming back, but, nope. You guys did well, taking the opportunities that Sanchez gave you and turning them into TD's. We just had no answer for Welker as after Revis, our secondary is pretty much the suck.

Congrats once again and aside from the dbag in the Seymour jersey with the Mardi Gras beads (does he think Foxboro is in New Orleans?) I wasn't heckled too badly, as usual. Also seems like all Patriot fans hate this guy as I had about 2 rows of Patriot fans defending me against that fat, bald prick.

Thanks, 124. I like when other fans can show some class and dignity. It reminds me of what sports should be about. Unfortunately, it's full of degenerates and idiots who get too high on wins and too low on losses.

Does anyone have the clip of Levior crushing Strickland? I think Strickland could come back because his pants were too stained! That was an absolute crush! Strickland in case you were wondering the number of that truck that hit you is 64!

I hate the Jets...loathe them...and I told my niece and her girlfriend all game long at the Razor...in their Sanchez jerseys...my relatives disgust me...
icon10.gif

That was awesome. Thank you so much for capturing the glory of that hit in a .GIF. Sit down, Kerry! That's what you get for having such a feminine name!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents