PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Pats-Packers Preseason Game Reaction Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
At BB's press conference he was asked "what went into the decision to suspend the game?" and he said "it was a league decision." Found that a bit odd, maybe it was a misunderstanding of the question.
It was Bill being Bill. Yeah, Belichick and Lafleur asked to call it, but it was the ref (the league) who has the final say….

Steuber and Ferentz caught my eye, but not for good plays.

Firkser showed at least a little positive performance. JJ showed more than a little good running.

That 1st Quarter showed great promise for this team. With the 5 OL who started the game, Mac looked poised and comfortable. The offense looked like it can move the ball. Add Strange and Onwenu, and we apparently have 7 OL who do not suck. Barring a string of injuries, those are the 7 who will get the bulk of the play time. Also add Demario Douglass for more than 2 plays, and you have a real professional offense.

The starting defense made the Packers offense look anemic. Once the scrubs were in, Love showed his upside. This defense is going to be a Top 5 D.

They may not be a SB contender, but they will not be the frustrating team we saw last year. Should be fun.
Agree on all fronts. At the end of the day, the real key to the season is if Mac can up his game. He stepped up in the pocket a couple of times in the first quarter which was something we didn’t see much of last year, and frankly in 2021. If he can keep that up, that’s a really good thing. Hopefully it’s not a one game fluke.

It was Bill being Bill. Yeah, Belichick and Lafleur asked to call it, but it was the ref (the league) who has the final say….

I think BB was being humble in deferring to "league decision" as the league's hands are tied in that situation. He and LaFleur deserve credit for what they did.

He deserves a spot over Harris and Strong I’ve always loved the kid.

Taylor is slippery with the ball in his hands and fun to watch. Apparently his blocking isn't up to snuff, which is why he's always on the proverbial bubble.

I didn’t watch the game but read that Zappe was 10-22 although he did throw a TD. Did he look bad given he completed less than 50% of his passes?

Too bad, that’s one of concerns about him is passes being knocked down at LOS.
It’s a well founded concern. Announcers on the NFL+ broadcast (think it was the Packers’ audio feed) said he had 13 passes batted down so far this preseason, in camp and games. Forget if that was on the last one or if he added to that total later…

U almost get the feeling that players like Pop, Malik and Bolden were locks to make the team the way they were played all game. Stinks for bolden.

Also, why don’t we ever consider JJ Taylor as our No. 3 back. I think he’s way better than Kevin Harris and Pierre Strong.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back