PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned in the game day thread that many here have never seen this team suck.....I got a reply about last year and Brady getting this team to 12-4.......lol

Really have missed Hightower out there. Feel he’d be a clothespin for the defense in a year like this. Bentley is just not cutting it with taking on a workload of a top guy.

To assert that this loss is because of one thing is ridiculous. This was a total team fail. Cam was terrible, the play calling was terrible, the lack of receivers getting open was a huge factor in that first half. The linebacker play was wretched, the Dline was a sieve. So much blame to go around. Cam was bad. really bad. But he was not the only problem this game.

Yup, and can you imagine what the carnage would have been if the 49ers were healthy?

For me the biggest problem by far is Cam's lack of fire and intensity. Didn't look like he was playing with desire out there, not in this game, not in the last few games.

There's a huge leadership void left by Brady who would walk up and down the bench and yell and scream at his offense if they didn't have their **** together.

Not seeing anything of the sort from Cam. Who is going to step into that void and take over the leadership?

Put it this way.... we aren’t making the playoffs this year. It will be the 4th year we didn’t with Belichick. The only 3 full seasons he didn’t start Brady are 3 of that 4.

Since he took the job in 2000 his records without Brady are

2000: 5-11
2001: 0-2
2008: 11-5
2016: 3-1
2020: 2-4

Total: 21-23 or .477

This is his record in New England without Brady. That is 2 and 3 quarter season sample size.

If we count Cleveland it’s an unmitigated disaster.

To be fair 16-12 without his first season. You may not remember but that was an even worse cap situation than this season. It was a total disaster on the cap that he inherited.

Play Zuber more..I wanna see what he can do besides sweeps/end-arounds..kid’s got some decent speed, and looks good in the open field.
I'm seeing 2019 Harry Deja vu. Harry has graduated to outside run blocker now. :rofl:

To be fair 16-12 without his first season. You may not remember but that was an even worse cap situation than this season. It was a total disaster on the cap that he inherited.

I thought they were better than 5-11 indicated too. Only two of those losses were by more than 7 if I remember correctly. And the schedule was a killer.

I mentioned in the game day thread that many here have never seen this team suck.....I got a reply about last year and Brady getting this team to 12-4.......lol
This. If you weren't around in the 80's or 90's, many of those teams were truly bad. 1-15 the year before we got Drew. Which is why we got Drew.
The entire structure of the NFL is designed to make this happen to the Patriots. Draft position, first pace schedule, etc. That Bill and Tommy held it off as long as they did is really quite extraordinary. That and some really poor drafting the last 5 years has led to this.

I think people would think Brady was done if he had stayed here with our current weapons. I don’t know of any qb outside of maybe Russell Wilson that could get something out of this passing game.
You are both right.

We are already ignoring 5 years before New England, we aren’t ignoring his first year here.

We are finally seeing the results of bad drafting and FA selection. The Pats no longer have Brady to cover up for the bad talent. I think the answer to Brady or Bill has been answered.

I wonder what Bill’s honest take is on this team. Maybe we’ll get a quote in a book just like we did for the 2009 fiasco.

We are finally seeing the results of bad drafting and FA selection. The Pats no longer have Brady to cover up for the bad talent. I think the answer to Brady or Bill has been answered.

Nah too premature. Just like Brady forgetting it was 4th down was premature judgement. Going into this year we already knew it would be a tough year as the Pats had zero cap space, then a half dozen starters opted out or were hurt.

I think we'll need a 2-3 year horizon to really see how it shakes out. I fully expected Brady to crush this season with the best supporting cast in offense he's ever had since 07

The people in Alabama will tell you, when you play auburn qb’s in the nfl, you have to expect you are going to lose more than you win!

I wonder what Bill’s honest take is on this team. Maybe we’ll get a quote in a book just like we did for the 2009 fiasco.
"I just can't get these guys to play they way they need to"

Reactions: sb1
In the 2000 season, it got so bad that bb had to “dumb down” his defense halfway through the season. And that defense had Mcginest, law, Malloy, and others on it.

look at how many first round draft picks were on our defense in 2001 and look at how many we have now.

I hope he retires and preserves his dignity rather than try to cut it with another team.
This sounds familiar

and how is that playing out so far

Nah too premature. Just like Brady forgetting it was 4th down was premature judgement. Going into this year we already knew it would be a tough year as the Pats had zero cap space, then a half dozen starters opted out or were hurt.

I think we'll need a 2-3 year horizon to really see how it shakes out. I fully expected Brady to crush this season with the best supporting cast in offense he's ever had since 07

It's not that we are bad, it's Belichick badly mishandled the QB position. Absolutely NO succession plan for Brady (or Gronk for that matter). This is just mismanagement at the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents