PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Defense was bad, but only gave up 22 (and with an abysmal offense again).

They need a good and solid NT and a top-tier DE who can set the edge and get some pressure. The LBs need seasoning. Uche, Jennings, and Dugger are keepers, and Bentley was starting to play much faster before he got hurt. They're really not far off on D. Just need some size on that DL.

On Offense, they need a number 1 receiver (losing Edelman this year really crippled them), a TE (Howard?), and yes, a QB. Myers was beating Howard today. He's for real and will have a solid NFL career. Look what getting Diggs and Beasley has done for Allen up in Buffalo.

In the last two games, they should throw to Harry minimum 12 times each game, and Asiasi and Keene should be in the mix constantly. I'm serious. And put me on board with the Stidham crew - give him a couple of weeks of first-team reps and full games to run with.

It wouldn't break my heart to see Josh depart for greener pastures. Brady covered up a lot there. He designs a lot of clever plays, sure, but the "little" things like not even trying to get the TEs involved or (for some reason I cannot fathom) going away from Michel today are just maddening.

I hope I'm wrong, but Cam's done in the NFL, imo. I like the guy, but he's getting receivers killed throwing behind them and high over and over again. And he's missing wide open guys all over the field. His short passing game is all messed up, like he's trying to will the ball to the receiver instead of just putting it there. I doubt it can be fixed. It'd be great if it could, though, because you aren't winning without a good QB and they aren't easy to find.

And yes, if the Jets draft Lawrence and dump Darnold, I'd try to grab him. If the 9'ers part ways with Jimmy, I'd grab him. I don't think the answer is in the draft when they'll be picking outside the top 10 and they need too many other pieces.

Tiebreaker in the draft is definitely SoS.

Jets are .594 SoS and Jags are .547
Thanks. Not sure why I thought the Jags had the tougher strength of schedule.

Reactions: sb1
If we blow the game to the Jets with Stidham, Lawrence is gone.

Myers starting QB vs the Jets?

how would you like to be jarrett stidham. newton play like total ass and coach doesn't even tap your shoulder to let you know it's your turn.

Eliminated by the dolphins.....what a load of garbage

the Patriots are clearly the third team in the AFC east. they're also behind KC, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Baltimore. and to think 13 1/2 months ago they stood at 8-0 and people were talking about undefeated.
the team needs to rebuild through the draft. no player is going to have NE on their FA list now that Sad Tom packed his bags - terrible location In a glorified strip mall in the middle of nowhere in the mecca known as Rt 1 North in Foxboro, high taxes (state, real estate, excise) high fees, very high cost of living. as I've said before, the 2020 and 2021 drafts need to be home runs to get this club back on track. unless Harris and Winovich become 16 game contributors next season, 19 draft it's looking like bustville...

Watching Cam throw the ball must have been like my physics teacher in college watching me try to solve the problem. Beavis and Butthead, anyone?

It occasionally was successful, which was the rarity.

college physics, thanks im going to have nightmares tonight

how would you like to be jarrett stidham. newton play like total ass and coach doesn't even tap your shoulder to let you know it's your turn.

Maybe he can keep going home early to his wife.

Eliminated by the dolphins.....what a load of garbage
It's not new

2018: Loss to Dolphins cost us playoff homefield.

2019: Loss to Dolphins cost us the bye week

2020: Loss to Dolphins eliminated us from playoffs

The biggest thing is we have no offense thus 9 quarters without a touchdown pretty pathetic

If I'm Stidham I'm more concerned about how long I have until I have to decide between the arena league and getting a real job

If I'm Stidham I'm more concerned about how long I have until I have to decide between the arena league and getting a real job
Im sure he will make a fine Winnipeg Blue Bomber.

You won't see Stidham. If he was the better option he would have played by now. Maybe we can shoot for
1. Josh McDaniels is totally exposed without Tom Brady.

2. Special teams is elite. Folk, Bailey, Gunner. Kudos to our new ST teams coach Cam Achord this year, excellent job.

3. We have to draft DLine with our first round pick. We can't stop the run at all.

4. Bring back Bill O'Brien.

5. I give mini kudos to Sony for running harder today, he has good awareness to realize Harris is the top back now.

Agree with everything up until Bill OB....thought u were kidding ...OB is awful imho....one of worst HC in past decade ...was decent here as almost all DC are with BB watching over them....

It'll be super interesting how BB plays these next 2 games. We haven't been eliminated before the final week since 2000. It's about pride and culture - yes. But it's also about planning for next year. Can't you design your game plan to at least include the guys you want to get a real look at - like Asiasi, Keene, Gunner... and yes, Stid. There is literally nothing to be gained by playing Cam - except feelings and optics - which I thought BB was above. Since when does BB care about major stat awards, or contract benchmarks?? We have no chance against the Bills with a -1 dimensional offense. They keep throwing out the same crap against the wall each week, watching it burn like s%&*# in a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents