PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful. This experiment with the offense has already resulted in an injured Mac.
That’s a bit ridiculous to equate not having an OC to being the cause for an injury… he wouldn’t ever get hit if we had an OC?

Zappe will be the QB when Mac fails/squished.

If this is the case, hopefully reason for optimism that it wasn't so catastrophic an injury that it kept him from playing and launching that beauty of a deep ball to Bourne. Maybe once the adrenaline wore off he started hurting, but if it was really a huge issue, I'd like to think he wouldn't be slingin' 30-40 yard dimes.

dynamic WRs

Devaunte Parker is not what this team needed.

We need speedsters with sudden quick moves
Yes ... but soft tissue injury can still be some weeks.
I walked like that when I had a ruptured disc, which would not show up on X-Ray. Back spasms could also cause that gait tho. Need an MRI to determine.

Where is the one win gonna come from? Sorry, but this team is just pathetic. I see nothing that gives me much optimism going forward,

Just remember that this is week one. Weird **** can happen on any given Sunday, and week one is almost always an any given Sunday sort of week. Already this week, the Texans forced a tie against the Colts, and the Bears beat the 49ers.

So we should acknowledge that the Patriots got slapped around today, while not yet panicking about games moving forward. As for where the win might come from, we can start by looking at next week, as the Steelers likely lost their best player for the season.

Mac Jones's arm looks plenty strong on this throw to Bourne:

I continue to say that Jones's problems are not reading the defense right and not making decisions quickly, the things you would expect from some who's been in the NFL for 18 games. Not worried about his arm.

That's not a throw a QB can comfortably make if they are fundamentally physically limited (like some suggest Mac is).

Mac's issues seem to be related to mechanical habits, weight balance/transfer, and the like. Too often he gets a bit jumpy in the pocket, gets too wide of a stance, allows his weight to shift too far back, to his rear-foot, which results in him pushing the ball rather than snapping it with the wrist, and throwing off the back foot. He needs to keep his feet set a bit closer together, relax, keep his eyes up.

He's not physically special but he's more than adequate. He needs to translate the practice/coaching with Tom House working on efficient mechanics, and integrate it to the point that he can execute it during games unconsciously.

Still a lot of time to get it right and it's all solvable. Let's see if Mac can do it.

That's not a throw a QB can comfortably make if they are fundamentally physically limited (like some suggest Mac is).

Mac's issues seem to be related to mechanical habits, weight balance/transfer, and the like. Too often he gets a bit jumpy in the pocket, gets too wide of a stance, allows his weight to shift too far back, to his rear-foot, which results in him pushing the ball rather than snapping it with the wrist, and throwing off the back foot. He needs to keep his feet set a bit closer together, relax, keep his eyes up.

He's not physically special but he's more than adequate. He needs to translate the practice/coaching with Tom House working on efficient mechanics, and integrate it to the point that he can execute it during games unconsciously.

Still a lot of time to get it right and it's all solvable. Let's see if Mac can do it.
He already did that, House made him make his stance WIDER, and said BRADY was also tóo narrow

Shut up and grab another drink.

The game was effectively over at halftime. Are you planning to build on it taking 2 quarters for the Dolphins to put the Patriots away?
It must be a miserable life being so negative about everything all the time

It feels like Green Cows burner account.
It’s FourierSeries. And whatever accounts he’s signed up with after Ian banned him. It’s just shtick. Not sure if it’s a satirical take on the homers here or if he’s trolling the front running chicken ****s, but that’s all it is.

He already did that, House made him make his stance WIDER, and said BRADY was also tóo narrow

Shut up and grab another drink.

I'm stone cold sober, my friend.

House didn't say Mac was too wide -- he said there are similarities between Brees and Mac with their wider stances and quick foot strikes, but he did not say that he needed to get Mac's stance wider at any point during that podcast.

He did remark that Brady had a habit of getting too narrow. Not sure what that has to do with Mac.

"Shut up and grab another drink". I'd suggest you do the same, and I'd recommend that drink be a tall glass of water

How can folks post when they don't pay attention?

Am I the last person to put this guy on ignore?

I haven't seen enough of his posts for him to make any strong impression yet.

I'm stone cold sober, my friend.

House didn't say Mac was too wide -- he said there are similarities between Brees and Mac with their wider stances and quick foot strikes, but he did not say that he needed to get Mac's stance wider at any point during that podcast.

He did remark that Brady had a habit of getting too narrow. Not sure what that has to do with Mac.

"Shut up and grab another drink". I'd suggest you do the same, and I'd recommend that drink be a tall glass of water
Gfy, you made it look wrong, what I TOLD YOU, was that you were wrong.
End/

Mac Jones's arm looks plenty strong on this throw to Bourne:

I continue to say that Jones's problems are not reading the defense right and not making decisions quickly, the things you would expect from some who's been in the NFL for 18 games. Not worried about his arm.

It's still a rainbow and did not notice high velocity in it . It seems to be the only long throw Mac is able to do.

Gfy, you made it look wrong, what I TOLD YOU, was that you were wrong.
End/

What your claiming House said is not what he actually said. If the evidence says otherwise, post the podcast and provide timestamps of him saying what you claim he says.

It's still a rainbow and did not notice high velocity in it . It seems to be the only long throw Mac is able to do.

There's nothing to criticize about that throw - it was perfect.

Can give credit where it's due while still acknowledging he needs to improve in places.

This game was a disaster. Tua played horribly and we STILL looked that bad.

That's troubling. We had many chances to get back in it, but we didn't.

Also, why were Kendrick Bourne and Cole Strange benches?
To put things into perspective, the wild fires in CA are a disaster. The Dolphins game looked like a fourth preseason game - some good, some bad, and lots of issues to address.

The play calling was not the issue on offense. It was execution.

The OL had it share of problems, but was better than expected. The running game was fine. The tight ends did a good job, blocking and receiving. The passing game needs to develop a way to get some long yardage plays they can count on. This offense is not good enough to overcome turnovers.

The defense was good to excellent. Only gave up ten points and put pressure on the QB consistently. Tyreke Hill is a rocket and an extraordinary talent that must be accounted for every second. The corners did a pretty good job today but have lots of room for improvement.

The Patriots must take a big step forward in the coming week, but overall it was better than expected. Tough week one on the road but there is a lot to build on here.

To put things into perspective, the wild fires in CA are a disaster. The Dolphins game looked like a fourth preseason game - some good, some bad, and lots of issues to address.

The play calling was not the issue on offense. It was execution.

The OL had it share of problems, but was better than expected. The running game was fine. The tight ends did a good job, blocking and receiving. The passing game needs to develop a way to get some long yardage plays they can count on. This offense is not good enough to overcome turnovers.

The defense was good to excellent. Only gave up ten points and put pressure on the QB consistently. Tyreke Hill is a rocket and an extraordinary talent that must be accounted for every second. The corners did a pretty good job today but have lots of room for improvement.

The Patriots must take a big step forward in the coming week, but overall it was better than expected. Tough week one on the road but there is a lot to build on here.
The defense wasn’t excellent. The two playmakers on Miami’s made plays, the rest of that team is trash. The defense looked competent and the offense looked incomplete.

They should be able to handle horrible offenses like theirs on defense with no problem, but they’ll get handled pretty easily by top ten offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick