PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
No. That's not even remotely true. The stats don't bear that out.

So, you're saying that the reason the Pats have one of the worst O-lines in the league is that he's calling out the wrong protections? You're also saying that his receivers can't get separation because he's directing traffic wrong? C'mon, man. You're smarter than that.
You keep talking about the stats, you know they're going to be bottom 3 in every category this week, right? You can argue Mac isn't the main issue by what you're watching and the film, that's fine, but his stats are right in the "worst QB in football" range.

I always saw Brady as the team. BB was along for the ride and even with Brady the drafts were WTF questionable. Brady masks so many holes on a team and raises the expectations up 110% every year because the players believe they a shot at a SB win.

This team feels like it's just time to move on.
Just watch the SB51 NFL Films ''Turning Point''.

Down 25, Blount says ''We got Tom Brady, we got Tom Brady, he's the GOAT, hands down, it ain't over''

Up 25, Taylor Gabriel says to Sanu who thinks it's over ''It's Tom Brady though''.

Brady motivated his teammates and they knew they had a chance to win every single game as long as there was time on the clock, and the opponents knew that it's not over until there were zeroes on the clock. A coach can give you a gameplan, but no one's going out there thinking ''man, we got that blitz package on third down, we're definitely winning!'' but when your leader is also the best player ever who never quits, then you always have belief that you're going to win.

That's the only reason why the mythological ''Patriots way'' worked. Brady led by example including taking it all from Bill, and everyone followed. Now there's no one to lead and all Bill can do is yell at the clouds because he has never been a people's person and without winning, there's no blind obedience.

You keep talking about the stats, you know they're going to be bottom 3 in every category this week, right? You can argue Mac isn't the main issue by what you're watching and the film, that's fine, but his stats are right in the "worst QB in football" range.
The game starts in the trenches up front. If they can't block running plays or passing plays, it doesn't matter if your QB is Brady or Wilson. In my previous post I was talking about O-line stats primarily. Yes, Mac has bottom-of-the-league stats. So does the O-line. That's not all on Mac.

I'll say this again so it's crystal clear, Mac deserves a lot of the blame for his poor play. The O-line also deserves a lot of blame for their play and how it effects the rest of the offense...including Mac. Case in point:

Get the pop corn ready for the BB presser. Hopefully some of these reporters will ask the hard questions.

BB had to go after this season. We need a GM asap.
Hard questions will be answered with a few snorts and grunts and no real answers. The media and fans aren't allowed answers here.

He’s the only reason they’re fielding a semi-pro offense
Honestly I feel like there are a few college teams that could outscore this Patriots team!

Add to the putrid offense the fact that if a defender even breathe on Mac Jones that’s another guaranteed pick or two.

With Mac generously spotting the other team six to start the game, how are we supposed to win actual NFL games going forward?

The game starts in the trenches up front. If they can't block running plays or passing plays, it doesn't matter if your QB is Brady or Wilson. In my previous post I was talking about O-line stats primarily. Yes, Mac has bottom-of-the-league stats. So does the O-line. That's not all on Mac.

I'll say this again so it's crystal clear, Mac deserves a lot of the blame for his poor play. The O-line also deserves a lot of blame for their play and how it effects the rest of the offense...including Mac. Case in point:

Whose fault is it that the team has no players?

At some point i think they will win another game.even a blind squirrel finds a nut or two
I'd like to believe that.. but the Patricia and judge show last season didn't even get this low.. Unless some team shows us mercy or the defense remembers how to force a turnover it looks grim.

Not sure that play is on the line, he takes a 10 yard drop on that play, he takes a 7 yard drop and they go around him, a 10 yard drop seems too far. A 10 yard drop should be done about 10% of the time. Perhaps bad play call because the tackles do not have that quickness but the fact both tackles easily got beat wide makes you think they were blocking for a shorter drop. That's why it is so hard to tell if that is on the line, the coach or the QB.

Mac showed promise in year 1, went downhill at the end, and even though he had Patricia and can get some blame removed he lost me in the Raiders game, worst game I have seen a QB play in a long time, he missed wide open guys, made bad reads left and right, had time to throw, play calls were not an issue, he was just horrible.
You would never see a top NFL QB play as bad a game as he did. That's when I realized he was never going to be the guy, at best he could be plugged into an all-star offense and have a good season.

Last edited:

I think the Hogs upfront want a winner and not a loser under Center. I think this Team does a 180 with Zappe. Mac cannot be redeemed the Fans won't miss him or BB. It's time for both of them to go.

I think the Hogs upfront want a winner and not a loser under Center. I think this Team does a 180 with Zappe. Mac cannot be redeemed the Fans won't miss him or BB. It's time for both of them to go.
I honestly believe Mac is going to ask for a trade.. and BB, and the team part ways this off season.. I can just sense that.

Honestly I feel like there are a few college teams that could outscore this Patriots team!

Add to the putrid offense the fact that if a defender even breathe on Mac Jones that’s another guaranteed pick or two.

With Mac generously spotting the other team six to start the game, how are we supposed to win actual NFL games going forward?
I remember someone said and I won't say their names the Patriots should pick up Mac's 5th year option. :rolleyes:

Shade Creeping GIF by DeRay Davis

I honestly believe Mac is going to ask for a trade.. and BB, and the team part ways this off season.. I can just sense that.
What are getting a conditional 7th?? I say take while he hot.:rofl:

Agreed. The OL failures are on Bill, BOB and Adrian Klemm, but mostly on Bill because several OLmen are nowhere near league average players. Why did he assemble a ****show in front of a QB who can‘t create plays, who needs a good supporting cast to thrive?

Yeah, but now you're changing the argument. As I've said, if you're making a pro-Mac argument using film that's fine (even though the film from these past two weeks is as awful as any QB's across the league), but nothing in the stats supports that. The stats are bottom of the league and you can take your pick of which you like best.

Agreed. The OL failures are on Bill, BOB and Adrian Klemm, but mostly on Bill because several OLmen are nowhere near league average players. Why did he assemble a ****show in front of a QB who can‘t create plays, who needs a good supporting cast to thrive?
TBF, it's not entirely his fault that essentially the entire starting OL was hurt for much of TC. And they did look like they had a guy who could hold down RT in McDermott, but he got injured too.

That said, he still could've done more to address the position before it got to this point, or aimed for a higher quality option.

Last edited:

this sack was completely on Mac having mental meltdowns again

If you do a normal 3-5 yard dropback in this situation, you could have stepped up in the pocket to avoid the rush and buy yourself some time.
Instead mac goes so far behind that he can't step up in the pocket. Watch the clip, there was plenty of room to step up

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back