PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Today reminded me of those good ole ****ie Mac days in the early 90s...

It's the nadir of Belichicks career...

And have been kicking myself in the ass since the inevitable first quarter pick 6 by Mac Jones for thinking we would be competitive with the saints today... they just dismantled us on the field...

This team is lucky next week is a road game otherwise the fans in attendance would tear down the new lighthouse brick by brick with another crappy performance...

Go Pats

80 percent of this board could match Bills GM prowess.
Anyone on this board could've drafted at least ONE talented pro bowl/all pro type player on offense or defense within the last 10 years which Bill has only drafted one (Jamie Collins).
I can’t see why Bill refuses to spend money that’s not his if Kraft is really giving the green light to do so.
Bill's problem even during the Brady years was that he tied up a lot of money to veterans in FA because he couldn't draft.
Makes me think we will hear later Kraft was content and was unwilling to spend.
It started with Curtis Martin. Everyone blames Bill Parcells for Mike Tannenbaum finding a loophole and screwing the Pats, but that was only because the Pats lowballed Martin initially. In fact, Martin had said he was lowballed because Kraft was worried Martin was injury prone. Martin should've never sniffed FA.

Last edited:
Anyone on this board could've drafted at lease ONE talented pro bowl/all pro type player on offense or defense within the last 10 years which Bill has only drafted one (Jamie Collins).

Bill's problem even during the Brady years was that he tied up a lot of money to veterans in FA because he couldn't draft.

It started with Curtis Martin. Everyone blames Bill Parcells for Mike Tannenbaum finding a loophole and screwing the Pats, but that was only because the Pats lowballed Martin initially. In fact, Martin had said he was lowballed because Kraft was worried Martin was injury prone. Martin should've never sniffed FA.
But ...but he's still the GOAT of HC's.
Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I never imagined that our 6 time Super Bowl Champion team would become this uncompetitive

They won’t do it, but I’d be curious what the output would look like if they just made Cunningham the starter and also moved Douglas and Boutte to the top of the depth chart. The threat of Cunningham as a runner would change how defenses had to play, and his mobility might create a few plays. He’s not an A+ arm talent but it’s not like Mac is either. They’d probably still lose, but it would be closer, and would be good reps.

That's why his GM duties must be taken away so he doesn't trade down or take another defensive player.
No way kraft lets him do that... Number one pick means revenue

Corky would have still floated it there if he had an eternity back there.
Yeah even when protected the dude is going backwards and not stepping into throws. He’s clearly broken at this point, organization didn’t do him much favors, I don’t think he’s as bad as he’s been playing, but nevertheless it’s time to move on.

This is good silent partner Jonathan Kraft should finally wake up from his deep sleep now. That beautiful stadium won't be in prime time in 2024. That should not sit well with the Krafts.
Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

80 percent of this board could match Bills GM prowess.

Bill doesn’t want to win. Bill wants to win in such a way that everyone is embarrassed for having doubted him.

His decisions are all based in contrarian thinking. He does the opposite of what the public thinks he should do.

That can work to an extent…it’s makes sense for NFL economics with supply and demand.

But he became so full of himself that his contrarian decisions are mostly now just stupid and hurt him. He doesn’t make enough smart, vanilla decisions to go along with his obsession with going against the grain. And all these guys with the team are just lackeys who don’t push back. The Patriots were most successful with Pioli sharing duties and then when Reese was brought in as a consultant. It’s obvious now Caserio was just a Yes man.

Sit Mac for now. It might do him good. Tua had to go through it and now look at him.

Too bad Russell Wilson is cooked or he would be a good trade target if the Broncos decide to sell. Still don’t know why the team doesn’t let go of their pipe dream about making Cunningham a WR.
Actually cousins might be good if we draft offensive talent in 2 OT and 1 WR next season .

I think at this point we need to move from bill and make Mac the backup and let him go in his 5th year.

Mac is a decent backup . I don't think we will pick 1 or 2. I don't want them to overreach for a QB if they are not surem but I would want us to hire an offensive coach. Ben Johnson we are looking at you.

Reactions: sb1
Yeah even when protected the dude is going backwards and not stepping into throws. He’s clearly broken at this point, organization didn’t do him much favors, I don’t think he’s as bad as he’s been playing, but nevertheless it’s time to move on.
slash I don't have an ounce of defense for Mac yess he's that bad.
snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Bill doesn’t want to win. Bill wants to win in such a way that everyone is embarrassed for having doubted him.

His decisions are all based in contrarian thinking. He does the opposite of what the public thinks he should do.

That can work to an extent…it’s makes sense for NFL economics with supply and demand.

But he became so full of himself that his contrarian decisions are mostly now just stupid and hurt him. He doesn’t make enough smart, vanilla decisions to go along with his obsession with going against the grain. And all these guys with the team are just lackeys who don’t push back. The Patriots were most successful with Pioli sharing duties and then when Reese was brought in as a consultant. It’s obvious now Caserio was just a Yes man.
Yeah I think OCBOB is a yess man too.
Happy Yes It Is GIF

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back