PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post-Game Thread: Patriots Lose to Commanders 20-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The Bengals went from worst team in the league to a defensive snap away from the Superbowl win 2 seasons later.

Not sure why you're trying to frame the NFL as a really hard league to make the jump. It's the easiest of the 4 major sports for a team to make a turnaround.

Not sure why you wanna give Bill all the credit for those Superbowl teams and not hold him accountable for the past 4 seasons.

He's the reason they are in rebuild mode. You know that right? He picks the players. You're aware of that ya?

You don't want to hold him accountable for the results when they suck but quick to say how great he was in those 6 Superbowl winning seasons.
The bengals went 5 years without a wining record winning a total of 25 games
It’s extremely hard to rebuild in the NFL.

I’m not giving belichick all the credit for anything nor not holding him accountable for anything, I am giving him accountability for the whole 24 years.

I am perfectly fine that rather than rebuilding at the end of a remarkable 12 year run, he chose to extend the dynasty to win 3 more SBs and I am fine that a down period follows that. Please show me anyone who has done better.

Of course he is accountable, I never said otherwise. He runs the show. Nobody has ever done it better.

Sow is one of the lone bright spots on this team. He's 6th/88th in pass block efficiency has given up 0 sacks, 0 hits & 2 hurries since he started in week 6.

Onwenu is also 7th among tackles. The OL may not need an overhaul atleast.

They have to pay Onwenu to keep him, and Brown is also a free agent. So even just returning the same unit means a hefty chunk of change.

I’m not giving belichick all the credit for anything nor not holding him accountable for anything, I am giving him accountability for the whole 24 years.

I am perfectly fine that rather than rebuilding at the end of a remarkable 12 year run, he chose to extend the dynasty to win 3 more SBs and I am fine that a down period follows that. Please show me anyone who has done better.

Of course he is accountable, I never said otherwise. He runs the show. Nobody has ever done it better.

Plenty of people can do the last 4 years better.

This dude hired a defensive coach to run his offense.

Bill was great from 01-18

No shame on that.

He ran it into the ground with his horrible drafting and now he's paying the piper cause Mac can't make up for his own deficiencies.

Your point that he chose to extend the dynasty as opposed to rebuilding means what exactly? It's his job to win every year. There is no rebuilding. You're giving him credit for the 3 Superbowls he won? As opposed to what? Blowing it up?

Bill is solely responsible for the product you're apparently not watching. It's ok to say that it sucks. It doesn't take away from the years he didn't suck.

Even if he single handedly cost them a couple Superbowls him self with poor decision making.

Plenty of people can do the last 4 years better.

This dude hired a defensive coach to run his offense.

Bill was great from 01-18

No shame on that.

He ran it into the ground with his horrible drafting and now he's paying the piper cause Mac can't make up for his own deficiencies.

Your point that he chose to extend the dynasty as opposed to rebuilding means what exactly? It's his job to win every year. There is no rebuilding. You're giving him credit for the 3 Superbowls he won? As opposed to what? Blowing it up?

Bill is solely responsible for the product you're apparently not watching. It's ok to say that it sucks. It doesn't take away from the years he didn't suck.

Even if he single handedly cost them a couple Superbowls him self with poor decision making.
Funny that you diminish his credit for success but he is solely responsible for poor results.

He is responsible for it all.

All is 23 1/2 years.
264-115
17 division titles
30-12 post season
9 SBs
6 championships

Find anyone who compares

Funny that you diminish his credit for success but he is solely responsible for poor results.

All is 23 1/2 years.
264-115
17 division titles
30-12 post season
9 SBs
6 championships

Find anyone who compares
Will you be still saying that when Bill is 80? Is the job so undemanding that coaches can be top coaches at any age?

I do understand why the Kraft's will likely pay Bill as long as they own the team. He has given them and us the best franchise ever, and has made the Kraft's a fortune.

All is 23 1/2 years.
264-115
17 division titles
30-12 post season
9 SBs
6 championships

Find anyone who compares

We're focused on the Indianapolis colts - Bill belichick

It's actually embarrassing how bad this take is.

No one argued against those stats.

Will you be still saying that when Bill is 80? Is the job so undemanding that coaches can be top coaches at any age?

I do understand why the Kraft's will likely pay Bill as long as they own the team. He has given them and us the best franchise ever, and has made the Kraft's a fortune.
Show me someone better.

I agree you should be embarrassed.

Well I ain't.

I'm embarrassed that you're willing to let Bill run this franchise into the ground just because Tom Brady won 6 Superbowls.

I'm not gonna answer a question I already seen Rob hand you.

No one is more responsible for what you're watching than Bill.

Clearly you don't agree with that and I think that's enough for me to know what I need to know.
Alright, so if you've seen my reply to Rob, you have your answer

Again, AJ Brown grew up a Patriots fan. He may have loved Brady, but he also loved the Patriots. Most Pats fans remained Pats fans even after Brady left. You are just making up that he was a Brady fan and not a Patriots fan. The guy was drafted in 2019. Do you really think he thought he was going to play his entire career with a 40 something Brady if the Pats drafted him?

You are the one making the preposterous argument because Brown probably would have gone to whatever team paid him the most whether it was the Eagles with Hurts or his favorite team in Brady. Playing with Hurts was a bonus for him and probably not a requirement.

Where do you get that Cooper is on his seventh team? He is on his third team. You know what? Randy Moss broke the TD record on his third team. And Cooper had had five 1,000 yard seasons. He had an 1,100 yard, 9 TD season last year and on track for a north of 1,200 yards this season. Some journeyman.

Algohor is the journeyman you are looking for and he was paid like a good starter at the time of his contract with the Patriots.

Welker was acquired way back in 2007. Belichick also let Welker walk rather than pay him the $6 million a year he got with the Broncos even though Welker was coming off a 1,354 yard, 6 TD season.

And he let Edelman walk rather than giving him big money and was just lucky Edelman decided to come back rather than take an offer from the Eagles.

Cooks was traded away after one year rather than pay him a competitive salary. Sanu was a desperation move for a washed up player because the Pats had no WRs in 2019.
I can't take you seriously with this AJ Brown stuff. His best friend is a very good QB for a solid team. You think he would've rather played with Mac. I mean, this is the height of absurdity.

My point wasn't that Belichick made great deals for WRs. My point was that he expended resources for WRs in the trade market. Why? Because he wanted to find top WRs.

As for cooks, the argument makes no sense. He traded for Cooks in his final year of his contract. If you trade a guy for a 1st rder in the final year, you're trading for a guy with the expectation to pay him.

Cooks was not worth #1 money, and he hasn't been worth it everywhere he's played. He's a great #2 receiver. Something Belichick figured out and was damn lucky to get a 1st rder for him.

Again, I'm not saying we've aquired great WRs. You're missing the point. I'm saying that in the trade market, he's traded away a 1st, two 2nds, and then 4ths and 5ths.

I wish he would spend that much in the draft over the last 10 years.

I can't take you seriously with this AJ Brown stuff. His best friend is a very good QB for a solid team. You think he would've rather played with Mac. I mean, this is the height of absurdity.

My point wasn't that Belichick made great deals for WRs. My point was that he expended resources for WRs in the trade market. Why? Because he wanted to find top WRs.

As for cooks, the argument makes no sense. He traded for Cooks in his final year of his contract. If you trade a guy for a 1st rder in the final year, you're trading for a guy with the expectation to pay him.

Cooks was not worth #1 money, and he hasn't been worth it everywhere he's played. He's a great #2 receiver. Something Belichick figured out and was damn lucky to get a 1st rder for him.

Again, I'm not saying we've aquired great WRs. You're missing the point. I'm saying that in the trade market, he's traded away a 1st, two 2nds, and then 4ths and 5ths.

Funny, I can’t take you seriously that you think an NFL player makes business decisions about his career based on what team his friends are on. This is the NFL and not summer camp.

And when Brown was traded, Mac was coming off his rookie season where he had one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history and not what he is now. And Jalen Hurts was going into a make or break year where his starting position wasn’t guaranteed beyond that season.

And you have no idea that if given the opportunity to go to the Patriots at that point wouldn‘t be tempting for him considering he spent his life rooting the team and not just Brady. Maybe the idea of playing for Belichick was something he always wanted to do. But we will never know because no way Belichick would have traded a first rounder and pay Brown what he got paid.

The NFL is a business. My guess is Brown would have gone to almost any NFL team that paid him the most and he was assured to be the guy. Playing with Hurts was just a bonus for him. The Patriots may have been more tempting for the latter since he would have been the guaranteed #1 in New England and not fighting with Smith for passes In Philly.

You are talking about a first and two seconds over a 24 year span. And nothing in the last four years. You claimed there was no one available for Belichick to get in recent years. When I point out players he could have gotten you make silly inaccurate arguments like Amari Cooper was on seven teams and a journeyman. And you ignore how Belichick refused to re-sign Welker for cheap money coming off a career year or how he let Edelman go into free agency and risk losing him to a team that would over pay for him.

Last edited:
Bengals had 1 losing season since drafting a true franchise QB. No position in sports is more important. The Chargers might be the only team that has a top 8 QB and can't make the playoffs regularly, but then they have bad, really bad coaching. It's easy to rebuild with a top NFL QB. Which is why teams sell out years of #1 picks to try to find one.

Something BB figured out about WR's your take is flawed. I stopped reading right there: BB knows nothing about NFL WR's that is proven.

Bengals had 1 losing season since drafting a true franchise QB. No position in sports is more important. The Chargers might be the only team that has a top 8 QB and can't make the playoffs regularly, but then they have bad, really bad coaching. It's easy to rebuild with a top NFL QB. Which is why teams sell out years of #1 picks to try to find one.
The bengals won 25 games in 5 years. You don’t just will yourself to a good QB. Most do not work out which is one reason why rebuilds take a long time in the NFL and in most cases require a reset.

Last edited:

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back