PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Dolphins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are able to run an offense like the ravens do with Lamar Jackson, its not going to be a rebuilding year.
? Really? I’m happy about the win but we don’t have the offensive talent the Ravens do. Let’s be realistic here.

For all of the people who want to put Harry in front of a firing squad, I remember a lot of people wanting to bench a rookie Gronk when he made the same mistake in a loss against (I think) Cleveland. I remember this because I was one of those people.

Pretty decent start to the season. The Dolphins look like the 5-6 win trash team that many speculated them to be but given our big transitional year this was still a more than solid way to start the season.

Newton and McDaniels gave so many different looks. Whether that's designed runs, zone scheme, our usual dink/dunk offense or play action. It will be a handful for opponents to defend this if Cam can stay healthy through the season. The way we controlled the clock was pretty scary at times.

Given when Cam signed and how much he had to catch up on this was an impressive debut. If we can get into the BYE with at least a 3-2 record I think we will be in very good shape for the division and the playoff race. I can't wait to see how all of this looks with about 2 more months of practice under the hood.

In a sense this was also the best kind of win where there are many teaching moments. Whether that's about Cam's awareness in terms of taking sacks in FG range, Harry's fumble into the endzone or the PIs called on our DBs there is a lot to take away from the game.

In terms of Harry I actually liked how he was incorporated into the offense. His fumble was absolutely idiotic and thankfully it didn't matter for the outcome of the game. BB will rip him a new one over this and hopefully he will never be seen trying to stretch it out except in absolute gotta have it moments (on 4th down or whatnot).

The defense was surprisingly stout against the run. How much of this was not respecting Fitz and how much was real we will see next week against the Seahawks. If they can hold up reasonably well in Seattle I will start to be positively shocked.

Anyway.. great start to a new season in a totally weird year.
All valid, but we should also consider that Fitzy gave us three picks, all at places in the game where they had the momentum going their way.

He has a good game and we probably lose, IMO.

For all of the people who want to put Harry in front of a firing squad, I remember a lot of people wanting to bench a rookie Gronk when he made the same mistake in a loss against (I think) Cleveland. I remember this because I was one of those people.

If it happens once it is a learning moment that everyone should move on from. If it happens again that's where he will run out of excuses.

What gets me is that on the one hand people are whining about him not showing enough drive but when he tries to play through contact for a score people go apeshit about it as well. It was dumb but it came from a good place that showcased his drive. Now lets hope next time he can be smart or he will indeed not be around for long.

Last edited:
? Really? I’m happy about the win but we don’t have the offensive talent the Ravens do. Let’s be realistic here.
Don't know that for sure. The Pats backs are better, and who knows who walks through that door via trade...Odell ahem....

All valid, but we should also consider that Fitzy gave us three picks, all at places in the game where they had the momentum going their way.

He has a good game and we probably lose, IMO.

I don't know if we are talking semantics here but I don't agree with how you frame the turnovers produced by the defense -- via excellent positioning and execution -- as "given away by Fitz".

Saying he has a good game and we lose completely dismisses the reality of how good our secondary is. Maybe he didn't just have a bad day but our DBs made it very hard on him.

Good day for the 2019 draft:

• Cowart starting NT
  • Winovich every down player, disruptive
  • Williams covering TEs
  • Harry productive vs. Byron Jones (minus a brainfart)
  • Bailey

i actually didnt miss TB today and i thought i would. Newton played well, but he needs to stop running or hes not going to last the season. The defense play well but they need a better pass rush, but that could come in time.

Looked great on both sides of the ball imo. Very easily and probably should have won by 20. Just a matter of cam holding up the year while carrying 10-15 times a game, but this offense definitely looks good enough to make the playoffs. And cam was as good as you can ask.

I do wish we had a more explosive recieving option that could really punish teams for stacking the line, wonder if a trade can be made even if costly. Could take this offense to another level. Harry looked a little better but that fumble was huge, still have hopes for him as possession guy. The rbs were all good, excited to see more of the udfa he mayhave actually been the most effective one.

the front 7 was my other concern coming in but they were brilliant. Even when the fins scored a td they were tough on the goal line. we’ll see how they do against the better running teams. Cowart and rivers both made some plays today. Secondary no suprises there, just dominant.

kicker concerns me a bit. Punt team waa excellent. Onto Seattle, a big one!

Did KVN even play today? Invisible. Boogeyman my ass.

Don't know that for sure. The Pats backs are better, and who knows who walks through that door via trade...Odell ahem....
Yes, we do know that. Anyone can say “we don’t who’s walking through the door”. Can’t base how good they are on some imaginary deals. Ravens ran for more yards last year than any team in history and you’re saying we have better backs? WRs/TEs they are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3