PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brit Reid sentenced to 3 yrs in DWI case

This is an unpopular opinion, but I am not a fan of lengthy prison sentences for many crimes. If a person isn't a danger to society then we need to find other punishments/redemptions than wasting tax dollars by throwing additional lives away in prison. 3,10, life..no amount of time will be good enough for the victims. Catering to revenge/vengeance needs to stop and forgiveness needs to be found. I'm not really talking about this case but prison sentences in general. I'll admit 3 does seem super light, but hopefully Reid has a conscious and will never do this again etc.
I think the thing we're lacking in the American justice system is more rehabilitation than forgiveness. Obviously, recidivism is going to happen a lot if you just put all the convicts in a concrete box with subhuman conditions without teaching any life skills, then release them into a society that (sometimes rightfully, often not) hates them and denies basic opportunities necessary for survival. It gets harder, not easier, to do the right things.

Drunk drivers are a danger to society, however (which I think you probably already believe).

Guess Andy won’t be be getting the dad of the year award

Last edited:
Three years for destroying a kids life... will serve less than 1... seems fair /s

I take it there’s a party at the team facility for him only getting 3 years? Open bar or byob? Everyone drives home though. None of that designated driver or Uber shyt. I jest….someone said something about the difficulty in getting a license after this…for us lowly normal, non rich and not entitles people…it’s a pita to get it back with the fees and suspension. Could get a hardship license if the loser needs it but I’m thinking he will just have his lawyer or some assistant take care of the license for him. Probably won’t even have to go to the DMV to get it back.

@RobertWeathers what are they saying at Chafe Planetoid about this?
Responses were pretty level-headed. Saying he should rot in jail and get plugged in prison, etc,

There is this guy who has an OP which announced he has kidney stones.

Wishful thinking but hopefully one day everyone will be accountable and held to the same letter of the law when committing crimes. It really can be maddening sometimes.

That law sucks if he gets off with just a year. You would think there would be some special circumstances to carry out the full three years. Hope those inmates make it a difficult year for him at least.

Armed robbery carries a mandatory 3-10 years without pulling the trigger. It could be 500 dollars out of a register. Corporations can steal and scandal millions but some fall guy gets 6 months at a country club or home arrest.

Just accept it as always I guess. One day there will be a generation that ends it. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

"If not for nepotism, he never would have been hired for a coveted NFL assistant coaching position with that background and his thin resume."

Posted here without comment.
DftE5ZLWAAAVNgC.jpg

Who knew that your dad winning back to back Super Bowls was a get out of jail free card?

Just despicable.

FWIW, the sentence was commuted from prison to house arrest, not completely ended early.

But, yes, he is a [redacted] and I have zero sympathy for him whatsoever.

Who knew that your dad winning back to back Super Bowls was a get out of jail free card?

Just despicable.

Agree completely. The people who do this should be spending decades behind bars, not days. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don’t give a ****.

FWIW, the sentence was commuted from prison to house arrest, not completely ended early.

But, yes, he is a [redacted] and I have zero sympathy for him whatsoever.

How awful for him. All of the Reid’s squeezed into that tiny little 1 bathroom ranch. I don’t know how they will ever manage. Might as well move to Saigon.

Reid's oldest son, Garrett, died of a heroin overdose in '12, lots of red flags about drug and alcohol abuse in this family.
Not sure of the conditions of this Britt's release, but hopefully it includes minimally; mandatory urines, involvement in a recovery program and not allowed to drive.

Reid's oldest son, Garrett, died of a heroin overdose in '12, lots of red flags about drug and alcohol abuse in this family.
Not sure of the conditions of this Britt's release, but hopefully it includes minimally; mandatory urines, involvement in a recovery program and not allowed to drive.

Andy basically ran a crack den in Philly, he was in court when the judge condemned him for being a **** dad who didn’t give a **** about his kids.

I read that Governor Parson has season tickets for Chiefs games.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back