PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Browns "cheating" with electronic devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really understand the NFL's punishment justifications.

This will get brushed over, but this is worse than what the Pats did. Texting during the game gives a team a real advantage during the game. Someone can be sitting in the stands and see something the rest of the staff does not and give them insight in real time that could affect the game. With videotaping, you need to pair the signals with the plays after the game and it may give an advantage in a later game if the team is using the same signals (which is unlikely).

Granted because texting is not as sexy as videoing the other sidelines without the other team knowing (when most knew anyway), this story will not get any legs.

The texting is all we're being told about. What else are the Browns and the league covering up? It must have been pretty bad. <tinfoilhat>

In addition to the Mora story, didn't something similar also happen involving Troy Polamalu around the same time? He might have been injured on the field and called his wife from the sidelines to let her know he would be okay.

Anyway, you can tell that this story won't get much attention because it's been up on PFT for 3 hours and no one has commented on it. By comparison, a 5 day old remark from Don Shula has almost 350 comments in less than 24 hours. I realize that one story is new and requires a little thinking while the other is like shouting "Free beer" to the PFT commenters, but I don't see this story getting any traction.

No one cares about this stuff except when it involves a certain team. Like the Jet coach and Tomlin tripping episodes, Woody's blatant tampering and so many other offenses this will be met with yawns.

Texting to help real time in game adjustments.....hmmmmmm

No easy way to stop that. Aren't they using tablets now on the sidelines and in coaching booths?

Wonder when a team hires a techie to hack into the opposing team's tablets?

Integrity is a foreign word in sports.

I am eagerly waiting for Joker's articulated take on the Commissioner ....

Start both videos at once for best affect.

and

(Meant as a salute to Joker -never an insult) :)

Last edited:
Texting to help real time in game adjustments.....hmmmmmm

No easy way to stop that. Aren't they using tablets now on the sidelines and in coaching booths?

Wonder when a team hires a techie to hack into the opposing team's tablets?

Integrity is a foreign word in sports.
Integrity is a foreign word in business.

Didn't the Jets have a camera man on the field two years ago filming the Patriot sideline?
To my knowledge, `they haven't been back to the AFC Championship game` since they stopped filming our signals, but we still have to hear about it all the time.

The fact of the matter is people who call us cheaters are just morons. They deserve to be laughed at and ridiculed, not reasoned with. They could care less about truth, they just want to drop us down a notch with their vitriol.

I stopped caring about the venom, masked as pathetic whining, about the Patriots. Too many examples in NFL history reveals them to be pathetic hypocrites.

Jimmy Johnson admitted to filming signals and more. He said he even went dumpster diving for opposing teams play books. This is right from the horses mouth, but nobody is calling Aikman a cheater, because their agenda doesn't involve the Cowboys.

In short, who cares what anyone thinks? Caring is validating. People who try to tarnish us are low IQ morons overly influenced by media buzzwords meant to elicit an emotional reaction.

Instead of engaging them, or trying to reason with them, just give them what they deserve, which is ridicule for being a bottom of the gene pool moron.

Didn't the Jets have a camera man on the field two years ago filming the Patriot sideline?
To my knowledge, `they haven't been back to the AFC Championship game` since they stopped filming our signals, but we still have to hear about it all the time.

The fact of the matter is people who call us cheaters are just morons. They deserve to be laughed at and ridiculed, not reasoned with. They could care less about truth, they just want to drop us down a notch with their vitriol.

I stopped caring about the venom, masked as pathetic whining, about the Patriots. Too many examples in NFL history reveals them to be pathetic hypocrites.

Jimmy Johnson admitted to filming signals and more. He said he even went dumpster diving for opposing teams play books. This is right from the horses mouth, but nobody is calling Aikman a cheater, because their agenda doesn't involve the Cowboys.

In short, who cares what anyone thinks? Caring is validating. People who try to tarnish us are low IQ morons overly influenced by media buzzwords meant to elicit an emotional reaction.

Instead of engaging them, or trying to reason with them, just give them what they deserve, which is ridicule for being a bottom of the gene pool moron.

You're thinking of the quickly dismissed "lime green vest" story.

Jets-Videotaping.jpg

In 2007, a cameraman on the sidelines was destroying the integrity of the game. 4 years later, as long as that cameraman has a lime green vest on, everything is okay.

According to guidelines set in 2011, teams and TV stations that produce those weekly coach's shows or team programming can have a camera on the sideline. That cameraman just has to wear a lime green vest. To my knowledge, no one in the media raised the issue that this could be a loophole to the sideline taping ban or asked if the league ever reviews that footage to ensure it's being used for it's intended purpose. I found that odd considering how up in arms some people were or still are about the Patriots.

The article about this on NFL.com summed it up with "Moving on."

Exactly.

Next time someone tells you that the Patriots are cheater, don't tell them why they're wrong, just tell them that they're stupid and probably have a 2nd grade education at best.

Anything more than that is a waste of your breath.

I just got a copy of the text message from the high-ranking personnel to the Browns' sideline:

"OMG! WTF!?! LOL!"

My guess is that Johnny Clipboard was in the game.

I don't really understand the NFL's punishment justifications.
Did you know you could save 15% or more on your insurance in just 15 minutes or less?

The punishment is in direct proportion to the attention the media gives it. Basically it's like a decibel meter for noise, only it's media covered based. Thought everyone knew this?

Doesn't seem to have done them much good, does it????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe