PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Francis Scott Key Bridge Hit by Cargo Ship. Entire bridge collapses.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just before 1:30 am EDT, a Cargo Ship supposedly had a mechanical malfunction and slammed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge at the mouth of Baltimore harbor. The resulting collision caused the entire 8,636 ft long bridge to collapse, taking an known number of passenger vehicles and semi trucks into the bay mouth of the harbor.

EDIT: The video below is constantly updating as it's a LIVESTREAM. Look for the timestamp of 1:24 AM to watch it in it's entirety. It seems to hit the Stanchion at 1:28:41 am.

(-2:11:27 of video)

Prayers for the families of those affected by this tragedy.

Last edited:
watched the video and it seemed like there were no vehicles on the part of the bridge they were showing when the ship struck. I hope they actually got lucky that there were no cars or trucks on the bridge or were able to put out enough warning before the bridge actually fell

EDIT: Reports are there were several vehicles on the bridge ans now are searching for seven people.

Last edited:
Damn. Thats catastrophic

There was a road maintenance crew on the bridge.

Can’t believe how fast it went down. Brings back memories of the Minneapolis bridge.

The worst possible thing that can happen to you on a bridge. Unreal

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

2:46.

Those vehicles on the bridge... :(

• Sad
This is absolutely terrifying. I hope there weren’t too many people on that bridge at the time

This shows the ship apparently losing power multiple times before the impact:

That is an insane story. Falling from a broken bridge into water is the stuff of nightmares for folks who had to experience it. Looked like a scene from horror movies

Heartbreaking to see, prayers to the victims. I hope everyone can leave the politics out of this and create positive karma to those in need.

Last edited:
That is an insane story. Falling from a broken bridge into water is the stuff of nightmares for folks who had to experience it. Looked like a scene from horror movies
And pitch black water being that late at night...

• Agree
Ship is owned by Maersk, an international corporation valued at $25B.

I hope they are made to pay for all expenses, including compensation to the victims.

Ship is owned by Maersk, an international corporation valued at $25B.

I hope they are made to pay for all expenses, including compensation to the victims.
The ship was under charter.

Wow, 5 hours later and deaths could have been in the hundreds. Major route through Baltimore and with the ft McHenry and harbor tunnels.

watched the video and it seemed like there were no vehicles on the part of the bridge they were showing when the ship struck. I hope they actually got lucky that there were no cars or trucks on the bridge or were able to put out enough warning before the bridge actually fell

EDIT: Reports are there were several vehicles on the bridge ans now are searching for seven people.
7 cars, 1 tractor trailer is what I counted watching the video.

That doesn't include the 8 Construction workers who were physically on the bridge working.
They did get 2 people out of the water. One in serious condition who was taken to the hospital and one who refused Medical treatment and went home.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back