PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh McDaniels Fired

Stop using this excuses. 3 coordinators didn’t make Mac Jones bad. He was bad before having 3 coordinators.

We don’t need help. We need to move on. We have to stop trying to bring back past guys and expect a different result. We need a new philosophy.

You can move on.

2 years is too little time to judge on a coach/GM's work IMO, but early sign weren't great for dearest Josh

I do have to wonder if BB's recents struggles trickle down to his coaching hierarchy in some way

Last edited:
Was hopeful Josh wouldn't make the same mistakes he did in Denver, this time around. Yet he made the biggest two and dumped a good QB as well as pissing off the star player.

Some just aren't cut out to be a HC. But no worries, we still love you here buddy - Bill, get him back on the staff ASAP.

Not shocking, I asked in another thread if we bring him back once he was fired in-season or after the season. Horrible head coach and that was his last shot.

Was hopeful Josh wouldn't make the same mistakes he did in Denver, this time around. Yet he made the biggest two and dumped a good QB as well as pissing off the star player.

Some just aren't cut out to be a HC. But no worries, we still love you here buddy - Bill, get him back on the staff ASAP.
I just have to hard disagree with the ASAP

I dont hate McDaniels, since my eyes were opened to how bad a OC can be. But I would think that he, too, could use some time to review how he works.

Bringing him "now" doesnt do anything for the idea of a rebuild. It's more of another "quick fix" to a system that clearly has lacking foundation, like BoB's hire for example

that they also fired Zeglier is very interest. You cannot expect results from a GM after a less than a year a half. It takes time to build a team. He still largely has Mayock’s team. A GM needs a chance.
A proper house-cleaning involves both. GM was responsible for bringing in a broken-down Jimmy Garbage Pail and Josh actually started Hoyer over their rook.

Both Josh and the GM? Has to be more to this than an underperforming team.
Carr isn’t great either (except against us) but he had fan support and Jimmy G is an abomination. That’s on the GM. Raiders fan chatter suggest Josh and Ziegler were tied together no matter what

Carr isn’t great either (except against us) but he had fan support and Jimmy G is an abomination. That’s on the GM. Raiders fan chatter suggest Josh and Ziegler were tied together no matter what
All true but an in season move is interesting. I wonder what made Mark Davis change his mind and do this now?

This can't be true. I was told here that owners don't let coaches go with a multi-year contract. Davis must care more about winning than increasing profits.

All true but an in season move is interesting. I wonder what made Mark Davis change his mind and do this now?

I am wondering that too. It takes at least 3-4 years to truly change a football culture, and Davis can't be that stupid. I wonder if he has had input from various players on the team.

Anyway, now that the Raiders have fired him, they'll hit the reset button. New coach, new QB, and new offense for next season.

And for that reason, I say NO to bringing McD back here. It's time to stop the merry go round and stick to one offense, one philosophy and let that be mastered. Players are starting to pick up on how BOB likes to do things.

Stop using this excuses. 3 coordinators didn’t make Mac Jones bad. He was bad before having 3 coordinators.

We don’t need help. We need to move on. We have to stop trying to bring back past guys and expect a different result. We need a new philosophy.

Telling me you never played football without telling me you never played football.

Yes it does make a HUGE difference if you have to learn 3 different offense in 3 consecutive years. That really does mess with you.

Just another guy who suddenly forgot how to run an offense without a star QB. Tom made this guy and got him two jobs. Now we know why many teams kept pulling the plug after interviewing him throughout the years.

He also did exactly what he did in Denver trading away a capable QB in Carr in favor of an inferior QB. Adams production has taken a dip because of the poor fit at QB. Not to mention, his last two drafts were atrocious. Tyree Wilson was an idiotic coach killing pick. Clelin Ferrell 2.0.

Wanting him back is falling into the same trap as you guys did with O'Brien. Don't do this again. If not welcomed back to NE, he's going to bounce around the league as an OC.
Very well said . He is NOT a head coach!!! He is a decent OC and like some have said marginally better than BoB…he will probably end up back here but I wish we would just clean house coaching wise and start from scratch

Wonder if Brady sells his partial ownership now and we can do the right thing and give him partial ownership of the Pats.

I wonder if Mcdaniels had promised Davis he was getting Brady as QB and when that never happened.

Wonder if Brady sells his partial ownership now and we can do the right thing and give him partial ownership of the Pats.

I wonder if Mcdaniels had promised Davis he was getting Brady as QB and when that never happened.
I don't see how giving TB12 partial ownership of the NEP is doing the right thing.

The Patriots are a privately held company.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back