PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh McDaniels Fired

Normally I’d say give the coach 3 years but in his case, I’ve watched atleast 5 games where his coaching was the direct result of the loss. His decisions are highly questionable and no matter how much talent you give him he doesn’t get it done.

Please don’t bring him back, I’m done with Ziegler, done with McDaniels, if it means they have to fire BB to not get McDaniels back on the staff than so be it. BB’s loyalty to his guys is legendary and it needs to be stopped. Bills the greatest x’s and o’s coach but his tree is less than desirable in a lot of cases. Not all, but a lot.

Don't forget Humpty Dumpty Daboll in NY he's getting rounder by the second. Those guys wives can't be too happy even with all that $$$$$.
Hungry Food GIF
Yea hes a big boy as well. Hes pushing 50. He needs to be careful.

Normally I’d say give the coach 3 years but in his case, I’ve watched atleast 5 games where his coaching was the direct result of the loss. His decisions are highly questionable and no matter how much talent you give him he doesn’t get it done.

Please don’t bring him back, I’m done with Ziegler, done with McDaniels, if it means they have to fire BB to not get McDaniels back on the staff than so be it. BB’s loyalty to his guys is legendary and it needs to be stopped. Bills the greatest x’s and o’s coach but his tree is less than desirable in a lot of cases. Not all, but a lot.
It's interesting people are a "no" on Josh when he had a lot of success with Mac his rookie year.

One thing I pride myself on is ranking Qb talent.
I was a no on Mac Jones the entire time.

Cool. Interested to know why you were calling him "Future Brady" at the time we picked him, though?

Cool. Interested to know why you were calling him "Future Brady" at the time we picked him, though?

yeah, we also saw a lot of "BB lying in the weeds" at that time. those weeds are now so thick those posters can no longer be seen or heard

It's interesting people are a "no" on Josh when he had a lot of success with Mac his rookie year.

Josh did a good job here. Bringing him back would possibly promote him being the successor to BB and I just don’t want that. 3 years ago maybe, but he just failed again as a head coach for the 3rd time and I don’t want this team to be the 4th. Pretty obvious he doesn’t have a clue about being a hc. Either that or he doesn’t know how to communicate his vision to the team and owners.

As an offensive coordinator? What’s honestly the best he could do for Mac Jones? Make him decent? Shave off a few pick 6’s?

Our assistants are like the what the Bush family was to the Republican party.

Basically just recycling the same people over and over again and expecting different new and improved results. Josh is Jeb.

shocked, but not surprised, to see this happen...

bring him back... could use a QB coach right about now...

Patriots Coaching Tree
NFL winning Percentages
Bill O’Brien - .520
Brian Flores - .490
Eric Mangini - .413
Josh McDaniels - .377
Romeo Crennel - .337
Matt Patricia - .314
Joe Judge - .303

Maybe we underestimated Bill’s legacy. Clearly the coaches he’s put around him over the years were probably holding him back from winning more.

It isn't uncommon for a legend head coach to have a horrible coaching tree. Don Shula's coaching tree is abysmal. The coaching tree career record is 198-312-9 with a playoff record of 4-3 (yes, all of his coaching tree combined have only coached seven playoff games). The following are the head coaches from his coaching tree: Don McCafferty, Charley Winner, Bill Arnsparger, Monte Clark, Howard Schnellenberger, Dan Henning, and David Shula.

I'm not buying the E/P system is outdated argument....yet. We aren't talking about the wishbone here....
Fair. Maybe it's not the EP, but how it's taught (also speculation, in the end).

It's just be aware of the smoke signals, in a way

Wonder if Brady sells his partial ownership now and we can do the right thing and give him partial ownership of the Pats.

I wonder if Mcdaniels had promised Davis he was getting Brady as QB and when that never happened.
Would he have say in who the HC is and what the cap is?

Sometimes great players don't make great coaches or executives. Wayne Gretzky in Arizona. MJ in Charlotte come to mind.

I missed those screens on 3rd and long to the RB to gain 1 yard or that run up the middle against a 10 man box let's bring it back!
Sad but true - if Belichick who is already on the ropes as a worthless HC who should get fired by the offseason brings him back, it will set the Pats even closer to the back of the bus

I refuse to believe that anybody can actually be this stupid in their supposed area of expertise.
Or a genius

he wants to cut the lowest head of the hydra, but without worrying about the body or the other heads

Aiming for that long-term security doing what he loves, talking **** about the Pats system

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back