PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mahomes and Kelce are big babies - what's wrong with Chiefs O?

...which adds to the TFB mystique in a way. Gisele, perhaps the last true supermodel, wanted him to hang it up for years, and he refused. It's not human.

If Kelce wants to give in to T Swift, walk into the sunset, the HOF, and jet set with his lady...well, that's just human. This, of course, assumes she'd want him to walk away, which would be reasonable given the post-career issues that are exacerbated with every game he plays.
I'd go to some south Pacific beach with her and call it good.
You Need To Calm Down Pool Party GIF by Taylor Swift

CRyan Clark is a dishonest, celebrity-playa-loving ******.
I’ve been watching the NBA this year with League Pass and also following the league. I usually watch opponent teams broadcasters. Let me tell you: these guys are good. They know the game. They’re pretty objective and they clearly do their homework. Whenever there’s a Celtics or other interesting game on TNT, NBA TV, ESPN, something nationally televised, it’s basically unwatchable. All these big celebrity former players, big social media presences, completely obnoxious and stupid commentary.

The NFL is so much worse because every game has the national TV network crew. Maybe some people listen to the radio but I doubt it. It’s all a bunch of ****ing idiots with a shallow understanding of the teams and a bad experience as a viewer. NFL commentators who get attention and air time, and most followed on tweets, aren’t local guys but always these ****wads like Ryan Clark, Nick ****nose, and company.

I’ve been watching the NBA this year with League Pass and also following the league. I usually watch opponent teams broadcasters. Let me tell you: these guys are good. They know the game. They’re pretty objective and they clearly do their homework. Whenever there’s a Celtics or other interesting game on TNT, NBA TV, ESPN, something nationally televised, it’s basically unwatchable. All these big celebrity former players, big social media presences, completely obnoxious and stupid commentary.

The NFL is so much worse because every game has the national TV network crew. Maybe some people listen to the radio but I doubt it. It’s all a bunch of ****ing idiots with a shallow understanding of the teams and a bad experience as a viewer. NFL commentators who get attention and air time, and most followed on tweets, aren’t local guys but always these ****wads like Ryan Clark, Nick ****nose, and company.
Doesn't help that Ryan Clark got abused by Tom Brady

Cleveland actually has a chance at the number one seed. Who would’ve thought that at the beginning of this season?

Nance makes me sick how he slobbers over them, it's all about the Midwest to him. And Romo is always exaggerating their greatness. Plus the Hunt daughter is so entitled, Mahome's wife is kind of annoying, and Taylor Swift adds to the 3 ring circus. I really hope they get eliminated early the next 2-3 years.
In the game against the Raiders, Mahomes threw that near interception, the one that was overturned on replay. He was hemmed in by the sideline, and the pass rush, and he threw a weak pass, off-balance, to try to get rid of the ball, rather than running out of bounds and taking the 8 yard loss. That was virtually identical to one that Mac Jones through earlier in the year. When Jones did it , the announcers said, what a terrible play by the quarterback. (And, it was.)
When Mahomes did it, Romo said, the receiver gave up on the route.
Lmao….. major league ball washing for Patty.

...which adds to the TFB mystique in a way. Gisele, perhaps the last true supermodel, wanted him to hang it up for years, and he refused. It's not human.

If Kelce wants to give in to T Swift, walk into the sunset, the HOF, and jet set with his lady...well, that's just human. This, of course, assumes she'd want him to walk away, which would be reasonable given the post-career issues that are exacerbated with every game he plays.
It also assumes she doesn’t lose interest in him….which is a huge assumption.

Around midseason the Chiefs ranked 32nd worst in turnovers on offense… dead last in the league. They still won games earlier in the season because their defense was closer to leading the league in forced turnovers than not.

Now their defense is forcing fewer turnovers but Mahomes is still throwing interceptions and his weapons are still fumbling the ball. They’re currently ranked 27th in offensive turnovers, five spots from dead last.

They’re playing poorly, turning the ball over, it doesn’t matter if you have the best QB in the NFL if you play like crap.

It has to be Taylor Swift’s fault…

Watching the Raiders beat the Chiefs yesterday with Mahomie costing his team with 2 back to back horrific turnovers was delicious. But did folks see Kelce slam his helmet and Mahomie with tears in his eyes on the sideline? Good heavens, these guys are babies. Watching them implode this season has been glorious.

Oh. Enjoy the following over some coffee this morning.

Mahomes' extremely long term contract was all back-loaded. They peaked already with lots of cap space in the early years. Now the cap space starts biting hard. He went from $7m against the cap space in 2021 to $37m this year to $57m next year and $60m+ in 2025. As he swallows all the cap space and leaves little room for other talent, expect same treatment most of Manning's or Rodger's years. Perennial playoff appearance but no year when you have THE best team, even if you can be one of the top QBs all the time. You just eat too much cap space.

Mahomes' extremely long term contract was all back-loaded. They peaked already with lots of cap space in the early years. Now the cap space starts biting hard. He went from $7m against the cap space in 2021 to $37m this year to $57m next year and $60m+ in 2025. As he swallows all the cap space and leaves little room for other talent, expect same treatment most of Manning's or Rodger's years. Perennial playoff appearance but no year when you have THE best team, even if you can be one of the top QBs all the time. You just eat too much cap space.
He did not follow Brady's formular with contracts even though he said he wanted to.

He did not follow Brady's formular with contracts even though he said he wanted to.
For roughly a decade between 2004-2013 Brady was among the highest paid players in the NFL, they went to two Super Bowls and won a lot of games but they didn't win any rings.

If Mahomes is going to follow a similar path, he'll have to wait towards the end of his Chief's run/contract... then decide to willingly take less money so the team around him can improve.

Brady taking less money from 2014 on was a major show of leadership that's rarely seen in pro sports.

For roughly a decade between 2004-2013 Brady was among the highest paid players in the NFL, they went to two Super Bowls and won a lot of games but they didn't win any rings.

If Mahomes is going to follow a similar path, he'll have to wait towards the end of his Chief's run/contract... then decide to willingly take less money so the team around him can improve.

Brady taking less money from 2014 on was a major show of leadership that's rarely seen in pro sports.
I think that is what is tough for Mahomes. I very much doubt he is playing at a high level in his 30s because of his style of game. Brady actually got better in his 30s and 40s and won 4 SBs between the ages of 37-43 which is just other worldly.

I certainly don't fault Mahomie for taking as much cash as he can as a football career can end on one play BUT if he is really serious at making a run at the GOAT, it will cost him literally to do it.

I think that is what is tough for Mahomes. I very much doubt he is playing at a high level in his 30s because of his style of game. Brady actually got better in his 30s and 40s and won 4 SBs between the ages of 37-43 which is just other worldly.

I certainly don't fault Mahomie for taking as much cash as he can as a football career can end on one play BUT if he is really serious at making a run at the GOAT, it will cost him literally to do it.
If his defense was better in 2018 Mahomes might have three rings instead of two. BB played a large part in that.

I’m not sure Mahomes will be peaking in his late 30’s early 40’s because I don’t think Andy Reid will still be there driving the bus. He’s obese and not the picture of health.

Brady was on one of the best teams, had better defenses, special teams, O-Lines and weapons around him for two decades. That was as much a part of his career success as all the work he put in.

If his defense was better in 2018 Mahomes might have three rings instead of two. BB played a large part in that.

I’m not sure Mahomes will be peaking in his late 30’s early 40’s because I don’t think Andy Reid will still be there driving the bus. He’s obese and not the picture of health.

Brady was on one of the best teams, had better defenses, special teams, O-Lines and weapons around him for two decades. That was as much a part of his career success as all the work he put in.
Brady carried some garbage teams to 12 wins.

And he was never staring at a seven or eight losses in any season when he had a top five ranked defense either. He was typically winning the SB.

Mahomes couldn’t do what Brady did in 2006. No freaking way. He might be able to do what Brady did in 2013 because while that 2013 team had a great record it really wasn’t Super Bowl caliber by the end of the season. That score for the AFCCG against the Broncos is deceiving it was never close.

Other teams fans complained all the time about media and announcers talking up Brady.

It was never like it is for Kermit though. Ever. I don’t recall someone like Tirico saying Brady losing a game has an asterisk because he was missing Gronk or some other important player.

Around midseason the Chiefs ranked 32nd worst in turnovers on offense… dead last in the league. They still won games earlier in the season because their defense was closer to leading the league in forced turnovers than not.

Now their defense is forcing fewer turnovers but Mahomes is still throwing interceptions and his weapons are still fumbling the ball. They’re currently ranked 27th in offensive turnovers, five spots from dead last.

They’re playing poorly, turning the ball over, it doesn’t matter if you have the best QB in the NFL if you play like crap.

It has to be Taylor Swift’s fault…
Remember all those years we blamed Giselle?

Other teams fans complained all the time about media and announcers talking up Brady.

It was never like it is for Kermit though. Ever. I don’t recall someone like Tirico saying Brady losing a game has an asterisk because he was missing Gronk or some other important player.
Dawg til this day that comment still is the most ridiculous sports take I've ever heard

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back