PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucs can beat anybody.
The Saints defense owns Tampa.
Watching NO vs KC yesterday, the Saints defense dominated coverage and swarmed the QB......but Mahomes has escapability
Tompa doesn't escape pockets.
The Saints main issue is getting Thomas off the IR in time

The Saints defense owns Tampa.
Watching NO vs KC yesterday, the Saints defense dominated coverage and swarmed the QB......but Mahomes has escapability
Tompa doesn't escape pockets.
The Saints main issue is getting Thomas off the IR in time

No the saints are annual chokers. You can throw on their secondary. The problem with the bucs in the second matchup was they couldn’t handle the defensive stunts from the saints. Also once again we saw them not adjusting offensively. No crossing patterns etc. We shall see but i think it critical for the bucs to win out and get that 5th seed.

Horrible is a strong word. They haven't hit on enough players but I'm not sure that makes the drafting "horrible". Bad team building ... yeah, I don't think so. You seem to be chalking up their roster issues this year to Belichick and nothing/no one else. A fair, objective person, would not all the variables present. COVID, opt-outs, dead money/cap issues. And yes, to an extent, the drafting.

What would your succession plan at QB have been? Who would you have drafted, when, and where? Which FA would you have targeted? You can't just whip up a succession plan out of thin air, especially during a completely abnormal, wacky season, missing core players and without any cap space.

Look, I get your allegiance is to Brady before the Patriots or Belichick. I don't know any sane Patriots' fan that would complain about Belichick's performance to date over the last 20 years. Has he made mistakes? Yes. So has every other coach/GM in the history of the game, even the most successful ones.

If you want to use this one season as your barometer and declare Belichick is useless (despite the past 20 years of evidence), go ahead. But most Patriots' fan I know would not be tossing Belichick to the curb based on 14 games in a vacuum. Hell, even an objective observer with no dog in the fight would note that 14 games is not enough time to reach any conclusions about the post-Brady era ... and they'd almost certainly acknowledge the unfortunate circumstances surrounding this season.

The drafting has been poor at times, but beyond that, I'm not sure what there really is to complain about.
Some of you Belichick loyalists on this forum make me laugh trying to come at Brady/Pats fans with all this superiority and "Belichick dug us out the gutter 20 years ago" bs. Facts: Belichick continued to keep them in the gutter until Brady showed up and saved his job, so sit down somewhere with that mess.

Relevance to all those questions about who, why, what somebody would've done in Belichick situation? The user is not a GM or a coach, so why are you pressing them about something they can't answer? Those are Belichick's specialities, and by my own observation, he sucks at the former. All he does is draft a bunch of temporary jags from the draft or pay some seasoned vets on the verge of retirement to fill in. The surprisingly GREAT players are often phased out to be low-balled by him and Kraft or traded to some scrub team for not following the "Patriot Way," which is demanding your worth. When he had Brady to cover up that suckage, he looked genius... without him, he looks exposed. But again, I've been seen through the smoke and mirrors of this team.

Dead cap money? Gee, how did that happen? A-Hern, I been telling y'all for years that they knew about his problems and covered them up to keep him on the field. They got former feds keeping tabs on these boys; A-Herns' police reports are all public records, TMZ also reported two stories: (1) the time he was being sued for allegedly shooting some hood-rat in the face, (2) some disturbance at his home in LA, these were all well reported before the murder allegation; they knew what was going on. They just didn't care as long as he produced. They opted to cover it up and paid him a boatload of cash hoping for change, and then acted brand new when A-Hern got caught up in some witch hunt. I lost respect for old Kraft and Belichick back then, out here lying about what they knew. A-Hern's family deserved and deserves every dime.

Dead cap money on AB? They knew his situation too and opted to protect themselves when AB's problems started hitting the public. Instead of backing his player, Kraft opted for good PR and tried to act like he was any different on those trips to FL to get his junk massaged by some illegal foreign concubines who were forced into their line of work, but I digress. AB deserves every dime he continues to get out of Kraft.

Dead-cap on Brady. All Brady wanted was for TB12 to thrive, which would require loyalty from his coach and owner. He wanted to play til he was 45, they want to do some year-by-year bs. Brady realized the owner and his coach were not loyal, so he refused to take cheap contracts and work his tail off to make the dream work anymore. They called his bluff, he got out of dodge and took his boys with him. Now Belichick and Kraft deserve every lost dime on Brady and every game loss they've suffered this year as a result of poor offense and no Brady.

They thought the system was greater than Brady but failed to realize that Brady was the system. McDaniels, without Brady, can kiss those potential HC jobs goodbye too. Scrub should've left for Indy when he had the chance, and yes, I've been questioning his suckage too for years, and he absolutely do suck!

COVID opts-outs? What a tired excuse built in by the press and blindly repeated by fans who need reasons to excuse Belichick. Who did they lose during opt-outs that would've put points on the board or changed anything this season? Now compare that to the players he lost to Tampa. Why do you think Brady opted out for Tampa in the first place? I'm definitely not convinced his departure was expected or planned, hence the poor, last minute plan at QB.

and poor Cam, I've always said he sucked too, but dang, he definitely committed career suicide signing up for the job.

Pride always go before the fall. Belichick started believing his own hype, and Brady gave him a reality check. I've repeated this mess over and over for years. It was always Brady. Yeah, they accomplished a lot together and both deserve a ton of credit. However, in order for a roster void of any real talent offensively to thrive, they are going to need Brady or someone like him. Without him, they are just another average defensive team, like the rest of the East who were always a QB away from being real competitors, but hey -- Tampa is on the verge of clinching a playoff birth, and if we're lucky, we might even win the division. How cool would that be? Let's gooooo!!!!!!

Disagree.

NFC East winner will be Washington or NYG. Both teams with top 10 defenses and WAS pass rush is scary.

So now we have a new poster named Tompa12? The Brady ass-kissing on this board is just amazing... :rolleyes:

Some of you Belichick loyalists on this forum make me laugh trying to come at Brady/Pats fans with all this superiority and "Belichick dug us out the gutter 20 years ago" bs. Facts: Belichick continued to keep them in the gutter until Brady showed up and saved his job, so sit down somewhere with that mess.
Belichick, like every great coach in the history of the NFL, needed a good QB to turn the ship around in NE. He got Brady. Had he gotten Manning or someone else elite, he would have won super bowls here too - maybe not 6, but a whole bunch.
Tampa is on the verge of clinching a playoff birth, and if we're lucky, we might even win the division. How cool would that be? Let's gooooo!!!!!!

Who is we? Are you a Bucs loyalist just because of Brady? No offense, but you sound like a fool...

Last edited:
No the saints are annual chokers. You can throw on their secondary. The problem with the bucs in the second matchup was they couldn’t handle the defensive stunts from the saints. Also once again we saw them not adjusting offensively. No crossing patterns etc. We shall see but i think it critical for the bucs to win out and get that 5th seed.
Yesterday in the second half they had a lot of quick passes, crossers

Bills made the playoffs last year

The Bills were not a true Super Bowl contender like they are this year...the fact remains this year Brady is very good against teams without good defenses and then average against the better teams in the league.

Belichick, like every great coach in the history of the NFL, needed a good QB to turn the ship around in NE. He got Brady. Had he gotten Manning or someone else elite, he would have won super bowls here too - maybe not 6, but a whole bunch.
I think Bill would have won a ring or two with a good QB.

Not sure about Manning though - I don't think he'd be as willing to be coached as Brady was.

The Saints without Michael Thomas, Cam Jordan in the 4th quarter, and Brees coming off an injury played better yesterday than the Bucs did against the Chiefs...

The Saints without Michael Thomas, Cam Jordan in the 4th quarter, and Brees coming off an injury played better yesterday than the Bucs did against the Chiefs...
I mean they both lost by 3, but the saints defense definitely was the best of either unit of the Bucs or Saints.

Pats with Stidham and Hoyer were competitive against the Chiefs for most of the game. A one-off game doesn't mean much imo.

Who is we? Are you a Bucs loyalist just because of Brady? No offense, but you sound like a fool...
Will you please get off of everyone's back?

Bucs have the talent to beat anyone, but I just can't trust them. A win against Atlanta doesn't convince me.

They have lost to pretty much every possible playoff team except for Green Bay.

Bucs could go all the way, but could also go one and done. It's 50-50 for me

Some people act like Patriots fans fell in love with Belichick in 2001, and that we were lukewarm on him in 2000.

No--!!! Belichick was a known brilliant coach for the Giants for many years. We saw how he improved our defense immediately in 1996. In fact, you can even credit him with being a huge factor in the '96 Super Bowl run.

Not only did the fans want to hire him after Parcells left for the Jets, but Robert Kraft sat and talked with him in his car for 2 hours outside the old stadium as he tried to convince Belichick to stay on.

Out of loyalty, Belichick left for the Jets to be an assistant. That Jets D was brilliant in their Belichick years. We knew the guy was unparalleled back then, as if the Giants years hand't already convinced us.

Keep harping that. Saints will be golfing come the playoffs. What was their excuse last year?

So now we have a new poster named Tompa12? The Brady ass-kissing on this board is just amazing... :rolleyes:
Lol you are just flat out trolling. I commend you at this point.

Bucs have the talent to beat anyone, but I just can't trust them. A win against Atlanta doesn't convince me.

Those slow starts could doomed them in the playoffs but they need to try and get some momentum here and win out. Get that 5th seed. What worries me is still the coaching. Adjusting on offense and defense. When they played the saints they where terrible. Didn’t play no man coverage. Mostly zone.

Lol you are just flat out trolling. I commend you at this point.

Bill is a great coach but even belichick homers have to admit that last year that brady wasn’t losing it and it had to more do with the crappy personnel.

Bill is a great coach but even belichick homers have to admit that last year that brady wasn’t losing it and it had to more do with the crappy personnel.

It had to do with neither.

It had everything to do with 4 injured linemen.

Even during the Patriots best era there were years when they went one and out.

If Brady and Belichick hadn't won 3 Super Bowls together in the last several years, I would be more open to criticism of them over 2011-203, when they were absolutely stacked and flat out unstoppable on offense--until they blew it in the playoffs.

Division wins can never be written off imo. A comeback like they had against a division rival is a statement game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back