PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reich fired

I wouldn't mind Fields for a Second Rounder I don't think he's worth a First at this time.
I personally would take him for a 2nd, but at the same time this class is really solid at QB - that 2nd might net you Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Michael Penix Jr, or someone else. Especially NE's high 2nd. Maybe if they miss out on their guy somehow, Fields could be a consolation prize. He has looked like he has turned a corner this year IMO. He has 1 year left on his rookie deal and you have to pick up his 5th year option this offseason, but that's still a fairly cheap overall 2 year deal. I'd still much rather get one of the aforementioned rookies though.

I personally would take him for a 2nd, but at the same time this class is really solid at QB - that 2nd might net you Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Michael Penix Jr, or someone else. Especially NE's high 2nd. Maybe if they miss out on their guy somehow, Fields could be a consolation prize. He has looked like he has turned a corner this year IMO. He has 1 year left on his rookie deal and you have to pick up his 5th year option this offseason, but that's still a fairly cheap overall 2 year deal. I'd still much rather get one of the aforementioned rookies though.
Ross have you seen this guy Spencer Rattler?? looks like a player Day 2 or 3. Would be nice behind Fields.

I would hope they would fire whoever made the Young over Stroud decision. IF that was Reich, then he deserves to get fired.

Stroud was clearly the better QB by the eye test, let alone the fact that Young is a bean pole.

Caleb Williams stock could drop with another short QB not playing well.

11 games doesn’t seem nearly enough.
True, but Reich was a bad hire from day one. Put him in the Josh McDaniel barrel, good coordinator, not head coach.

Caleb Williams stock could drop with another short QB not playing well.
good point, I thought he was taller. says 6'1" that must mean 5'11"

good point, I thought he was taller. says 6'1" that must mean 5'11"
Yup. Usually does.

Like there's no way Zappe is his listed 6'0 and a half.

I would hope they would fire whoever made the Young over Stroud decision. IF that was Reich, then he deserves to get fired.

Stroud was clearly the better QB by the eye test, let alone the fact that Young is a bean pole.
Schefter reported earlier that Tension between Reich and Tepper started during the draft process. Reich wanted Stroud and Tepper wanted Young. The owner won, appears to be wrong and fired his HC 2/3rds through the season for a decision he made.

Schefter reported earlier that Tension between Reich and Tepper started during the draft process. Reich wanted Stroud and Tepper wanted Young. The owner won, appears to be wrong and fired his HC 2/3rds through the season for a decision he made.
Maybe Reich kept "reminding" him of the decision.... I know I sure would. :D :D

Agreed. Don't know what kind of offense Naggy is running in KC.. but they look vulnerable this season. Philly is on a mission. I think it's going to be Philly and Baltimore in the superbowl.
Doesn’t Reid call the plays and then the OC relays it to Mahomes? I’m thinking they don’t have any receivers, well ones that can catch.

Doesn’t Reid call the plays and then the OC relays it to Mahomes? I’m thinking they don’t have any receivers, well ones that can catch.
Yes, your right I think he does call the plays.. kind weir setup. Why even have an OC then right? They have some guys.. but none of them are consistent.

That division is probably the worst in the league so I can see them stealing one at some point.
Teams usually rally and win the game subsequent to a HC firing. I would put $$ on Carolina’s next game.

Ross have you seen this guy Spencer Rattler?? looks like a player Day 2 or 3. Would be nice behind Fields.
Yes, Rattler and Bo Nix are both intriguing. I’m not as familiar with Drake Maye. I don’t like USC Williams nor Penix JR of UW. They might be good in the right circumstances but I don’t see it as a day one starter with those two.

Yes, your right I think he does call the plays.. kind weir setup. Why even have an OC then right? They have some guys.. but none of them are consistent.
I agree it is a weird setup although it does seem to be the set up for some other teams, Green Bay’s coach calls the plays, I don’t think Reich called plays at Philly, I believe Doug Pederson called them.

Carolinas owner wanted to interview the Lions OC Ben Johnson last year but the OC announced he was staying in Detroit, I wouldn’t be surprised if they called him again. I’m not sure why any veteran coach would go there, maybe a coordinator waiting for his firs head coaching job goes there.

Pat Kirwain on NFL radio went off today talking about the Carolina owner.

I am sure that the owner of the Panthers was behind the horrific trade they made to move up to number 1 and to select Young.

So forget BB going to Carolina. No way, no how is he going to work for that idiot. Another problem for any prospective coach going there is that Temper has mortgaged the future with that trade; what coach would want to be dumped into that situation with no 2024 first-rounder and no second-round pick in 2025

I agree it is a weird setup although it does seem to be the set up for some other teams, Green Bay’s coach calls the plays, I don’t think Reich called plays at Philly, I believe Doug Pederson called them.

Carolinas owner wanted to interview the Lions OC Ben Johnson last year but the OC announced he was staying in Detroit, I wouldn’t be surprised if they called him again. I’m not sure why any veteran coach would go there, maybe a coordinator waiting for his firs head coaching job goes there.

Pat Kirwain on NFL radio went off today talking about the Carolina owner.
Your absolutely right. I know the coah last year Steve Wilks had a bad breakup with the new owner as he was the interim. Tepper supposedly told him he would be considered for the job. He wasn't even Interviewed. I know mayo was mentioned last off season as a choice as well. Yeah that owner needs to get the right football people in place if he's to have any hint of success. I never understood why organizations hire OCs if they aren't calling plays. So teams are paying OCs pretty good salaries to do everything but not call plays. Just odd.
Same with us, having guys not being named position coaches. However in NE it's all tied into $$$.

Carolina with 3 seasons of firing coaches mid season (Rivera, Rule, Reich)
seemingly will be hard to find that next HC with a knee jerk owner

with out fact checking, I am pretty sure Indy and Carolina are paying Reich upwards of $50m to not coach.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back