OT: The Official Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 thread

Re: Live Feed for Bruins Victory Parade

the largest ever in Boston ?

it could be...: a nice summer day and saturday too

Last edited:

x2..they never have them on weekends and it was beautiful out.

I had to go into Weston today for work. Mass pike and 128 was backed up bad this morning at 9

I wish i could have went..couldn't even watch it

The channels were reporting 1 million or more...not sure accuracy....

Nephews went and got on the T at 7AM...reports were that Rte 128/95 was backed up for 5 miles at the Riverside T station to get into Boston..(Green Line)....

They were at the Garden where the parade started and left as soon as the last duckboat went by...Got back around 3:15pm.....

Nice to see that the B's honored Orr..Borque and some other past Bruins on the last duckboat..even tho they couldn't get to the parade...classy :rocker:

Last edited:

I was at Boston Commons and I don't think they were far off with the 1 million number. It seemed there were far more people than the crowd on the esplanade during the fourth of July.
Hope the pats were watching what kind of welcome is in store for them if they bring home the treasure!

The Patriots drew a million on a frigid Tuesday in February back in 2002. This crowd looked a little larger, closer to what the Sox drew in 2004, but given the weather and a saturday and the gap since 70-72 it wasn't a surprise. I was there back in 70 before the rallies started rolling. Probably about 250-300K back then. These are much larger but less intimate. Miss the City Hall Plaza stage rallies, with players taking the mike and roaring chants, but that's the price you pay for the knuckleheads.

The ceremony at Fenway today should be outstanding. Hope they televise it as they did when the Patriots walked out from behind the flag draped green monster toting that first Lombardi. Given all the decade talk it would be awesome if they were able to surround the Cup with all the hardware won in this decade...

HUH?? The Bruins have won DESPITE the ownership.. Many fans have cursed the Jacobs for not doing enough in years past. Not opening up the purse strings for Sinden to be able to bring in the talent when needed.

It almost goes without saying that the Jacobs brothers were the ones who were responsible for Ray Bourque being traded so he could earn his shot at the Stanley Cup.

To be fair that was pre cap. Since the cap they have spent to cap even exceeded it when you consider the savard injury. They brought in the right management not really much more you can expect from an owner. Sure it was tough with him pre cap but he deserves the credit now though I am sure it is tough for older guys to forgive him.

HUH?? The Bruins have won DESPITE the ownership.. Many fans have cursed the Jacobs for not doing enough in years past. Not opening up the purse strings for Sinden to be able to bring in the talent when needed.

It almost goes without saying that the Jacobs brothers were the ones who were responsible for Ray Bourque being traded so he could earn his shot at the Stanley Cup.

Oddly Felger who started out as a Bruins beat reporter before calling Jacobs a cheapskate and a liar thus getting bumped to the Pats beat around 2000 stated on Friday that he has finally come to grips with the fact that the problem probably wasn't so much Jacobs as Sinden. Harry was an old school hockey hardliner who kind of resented the money the players were increasingly demanding, and Felger now thinks it was his mindset combined with an owner who wasn't all that hockey savvy to begin with that led to most of the lean years... Harry didn't like to spend money even if it wasn't his.

I've been to every parade and IMO that was the best. Due to the fact that it was nice out made all the difference.

The Patriots parades were in Feb, and I was please with the # of people that were out for them. I wonder what the # would have been in nice warm weekend weather.

The Stanley Cup just made a visit to Fenway where it sat on the pitcher's mound. The crowd was hysterical.

This kind of stuff never ever gets old. Hope Brady is watching somewhere.

Wonder if the Cup will visit the Razor?

That cup sure has got some magic. Sox up 6-0 and it's still top of the 1st. Ellsbury already with a single and GR double.

That cup sure has got some magic. Sox up 6-0 and it's still top of the 1st. Ellsbury already with a single and GR double.
i loved wacthing the brunis and redsox players interact with each other in the lockeroom. big papi hoisting the cup was awesome. the sox really looked happy for the bruins. boston sports owns period end of story. :rocker:

The parade today was one of the best, ever. Of the 7 parades, this one has to rank near the top. May end up being the most attended. Didn't hurt that it was sunny, warm outside, and the first parade on a Saturday.

I bet you that BB is going to have a tape of this shown to the team, and knowing BB, it's going to get played like a broken record.

Wasn't the 04 Sox parade on Saturday?

Anyway, I flew up for this one and it was freakin awesome. We got to Copley square around 9 and it was already busy but by noon it was ridiculous. We were lucky enough to grab a bench early that we could stand on so we had a really good view:

Originally Posted by DaBruinz

Oddly Felger who started out as a Bruins beat reporter before calling Jacobs a cheapskate and a liar thus getting bumped to the Pats beat around 2000 stated on Friday that he has finally come to grips with the fact that the problem probably wasn't so much Jacobs as Sinden. Harry was an old school hockey hardliner who kind of resented the money the players were increasingly demanding, and Felger now thinks it was his mindset combined with an owner who wasn't all that hockey savvy to begin with that led to most of the lean years... Harry didn't like to spend money even if it wasn't his.

Jacobs always said Harry had final say on the roster and he didnt have a limit he had to work within. I think it was 100% Sinden that was tight with the purse strings, he always used to say if other teams want to spend money stupidly doesnt mean he has to. Jacobs isnt media savvy and I dont think he cares what we think of him.

I know I'm a bit late on this but congrats Bruins for winning the finals! :rocker:

i loved wacthing the brunis and redsox players interact with each other in the lockeroom. big papi hoisting the cup was awesome. the sox really looked happy for the bruins. boston sports owns period end of story. :rocker:

any video of this?

any video of this?

If you get and are able to watch the Sox replay at midnight on NESN, they'll probably show that again, or sometimes tomorrow afternoon.

The Stanley Cup just made a visit to Fenway where it sat on the pitcher's mound. The crowd was hysterical.

This kind of stuff never ever gets old. Hope Brady is watching somewhere.

Wonder if the Cup will visit the Razor?

I would expect it will, as did the WS trophies. Competititive as they may be, Boston sports owners get it. They grasp the significance of building and stoking a fanatical sports fan base in their town. One of my cousins who is a diehard Bruins fan moved to Dallas a couple of years ago and he was telling his mom that the Mavericks parade on Thursday was lame - maybe a couple of hundred thousand and it was their first championship... Boston has now elevated these parades and celebrations to a science - and they owe that to the football team who proved you can draw a million even in February here. :rocker:

It never gets old and the duck boat entry was cool but there was something really magical about that entrance the Lombardi toting 2001 NEP made from behind the flag draped green monster that launched all these cross species celebrations...

Title Town. Let's just hope they can all keep the celebrations rolling spanning 2 decades...

Let's just hope Chara, Lucic, Marchand, etc., don't marry supermodels, grow long hair, and start losing every playoff game they play....:p

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back