PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All Disappointment (Bust) Team During the BB years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodden? Really? Short memory.

ONeal was also fine.

Thomas, Colvin

BB inherited Katz

Valentine was a gamble pick who has a Super Bowl ring. Might as well add Malcolm Mitchell.
Mitchell did a slight bit more than Valentine did. I mean cheerleaders get a ring too. I think Valentine had like 1 sack and 11 tackles in his career. He was a 3rd rounder Mitchell wwas 4th. Mitchell was a stud in that superbowl against atlanta. Lets say that Mitchell has a bit more shine on his ring. Valentine had zero anything in the superbowl against atlanta. Mitchell had 6 catches for 70 yards, some of those were huge.

arent we missing Illini Legend, Tavon Wilson??

Mitchell did a slight bit more than Valentine did. I mean cheerleaders get a ring too. I think Valentine had like 1 sack and 11 tackles in his career. He was a 3rd rounder Mitchell wwas 4th. Mitchell was a stud in that superbowl against atlanta. Lets say that Mitchell has a bit more shine on his ring. Valentine had zero anything in the superbowl against atlanta. Mitchell had 6 catches for 70 yards, some of those were huge.
Agree. Thats kinda to point I was trying to make. He has players who where productive but also injury prone. Doesn't mean they were busts. It means they didn't play because they were hurt.

Beau Allen, Dustin Woodard had a great impact

Was Adalius Thomas really a bust? I thought he played well until he stopped buying in to BB's way.

BB has made some great picks and great signings...I know
A stroll down memory lane. Some of these are certainly arguable (end of career, lower round draft picks)

Qb- Ryan Mallet, Kevin O'Connell, Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury
RB- Laurence Maroney, JR Redmond, Fred Taylor
WR- Nkeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Josh Boyce, Joey Galloway, JJ Stokes, Chad Ochocinco, Donald Hayes
Tackles- Antonio Garcia, Hijalte Frodholte, Robert Gallery
Guards- Adrian Klemm, Rich Hornberger, Tre Jackson
Center
TE- David Thomas, Garret Mills, Jake Bequette, Scott Chandler, Eric Bjornson

DT- Damion Easley, Ron Brace, Vincent Valentine, Albert Haynesworth, Jonathan Sullivan
DE- Jermaine Cunningham, Geneo Grissom, Derek Rivers, Jonathan Fanene, Derrick Burgess, Shaun Ellis
LB- Andy Katzenmoyer, Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, Christian Sam, Monty Beisel, Adalius Thomas, Roosevelt Colvin, Bobby Carpenter
CB- Ras Dowling, Brock Williams, Terrence Wheatley, Cyrus Jones, Duke Dawson, Delta O'Neal, Leigh Bodden, Shawn Springs, Duane Starks
Safety- Gus Scott, Dexter Reid, Jordan Richards, Tank Williams

Kicker Justin Rohrwasser, Martin Grammatica
Punter Chris Hanson, Todd Sauerbrun

Nominees for worst busts- Harry, Easley, Chad Jackson, Ras Dowling, Ron Brace, Jermaine Cunningham, Justin Rohrwasser

Dobson didn't live up to his billing but had some good performances. Colvin was an excellent player here and shouldn't be on this list.

A list like this could be made for any NFL team/GM. I would much rather see a list of great picks and signings, but apparently some people are more comfortable dwelling on the negative.

Seriously though - why did we bring in Tebow?

Just did a little calculating...

BB 1st round picks since 2000 = Defense - 10. Offense - 9. Pretty balanced.

Duration of 1st round pick with the team = Defense - 7yr. Offense - *5.3yr.

*does not include '21- Mac. Wynn & Harry still counting - but likely not returning (and half their tenure was on IR)

Patriots All Disappointment (Bust) Team During the BB years​

Seriously?

5q9vrx.gif

Drafted by Carroll and Grier. He was actually a good player but suffered a career ending neck injury.
100% agree on this. He was a solid player and I still remember the day he disappeared and then we later heard the news that he was done. That was crazy. But he was a good player and hopefully he's doing well. According to this interview from last year, he seems to be doing OK and he's selling insurance these days:

100% agree on this. He was a solid player and I still remember the day he disappeared and then we later heard the news that he was done. That was crazy. But he was a good player and hopefully he's doing well. According to this interview from last year, he seems to be doing OK and he's selling insurance these days:

Same problem for Shawn Crable. One injury and his career ended. This thread is very uncharitable.

I don't approve of this thread.....

Just like I didn't approve of Bethel Johnson, the original patriots bad wr draft choice. His career makes nkeal look like a HOFer.
LOL, go back and look at Johnson's career totals - I think you might end up needing to switch their names in that last sentence. He was pretty good in the return game (I agree with a couple of others who pointed out his impact) and has more career receiving yards and the same amount of touchdowns, so I'd say he's ahead of Harry at this point. One would hope that will change, but that's where the two stand so far.

I would much rather see a list of great picks and signings, but apparently some people are more comfortable dwelling on the negative.
I initially felt like this but I haven't minded reflecting back on some of these names. I'm OK with taking the bad with the good, and the bad doesn't often get talked about without people providing additional context and it has been interesting looking back at some of these names. However, to your point, I would also like to do one focusing on some of the obscure impact people they've added over the years, so hopefully, now that we've done this one, we'll be able to do that at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes