PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Harrison Thinks Big Ben is One of the Best - One of the Very Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney may have been hit on the head a few times too many this season. I believe his vision is blurred. Besides, when Patriot players make public comments, they are usually to praise their opponents...unlike Steelers players. Your players should take a lesson from those comments by Harrison, Hobbs and Belichick.

Aren't you from Steelerfever.com?

Last edited:
Rodney may have been hit on the head a few times too many this season. I believe his vision is blurred. Besides, when Patriot players make public comments, they are usually to praise their opponents...unlike Steelers players.

Get a clue Reign... how can you be this lost? Pittsburgh had Porter who ran his mouth in the media... he's like the only one in the past 50 years to talk trash publicly. Anthony Smith... I don't think you'll be hearing anything from his mouth for a while. Pittsburgh is filled with respectful players.

As for Rodney's comments... he's absolutely right about the way the media rates and attacks players. Though I'm sure he's going out of his way to make sure he provides no nulletin board material.

Rodney may have been hit on the head a few times too many this season. I believe his vision is blurred. Besides, when Patriot players make public comments, they are usually to praise their opponents...unlike Steelers players. Your players should take a lesson from those comments by Harrison, Hobbs and Belichick.

I have an account there but don't ever really post there. I don't even think I can remember my password.

Plus, Ben has always been very complimentary of Brady, calling him the best QB in the league even when everyone thought Peyton was the best.

Get a clue Reign... how can you be this lost? Pittsburgh had Porter who ran his mouth in the media... he's like the only one in the past 50 years to talk trash publicly. Anthony Smith... I don't think you'll be hearing anything from his mouth for a while. Pittsburgh is filled with respectful players.

As for Rodney's comments... he's absolutely right about the way the media rates and attacks players. Though I'm sure he's going out of his way to make sure he provides no nulletin board material.

I seem to recall a team that once made hotel reservations in anticipation of Super Bowl dreams...

"Cancel those reservations...cancel those reservations!!"

He's like the only one in the past 50 years to talk trash publicly.

"Oh, they knew. They were calling our stuff out. They knew, especially that first championship game here at Heinz Field. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff."
-Hines Ward

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. You act like they're the only team to ever do that. Teams do it every year. If you wait until you win the championship game it's too late to get reservations anywhere. Happens every year,

2. You act like the players made that decision.

3. That's totally irrelevent, brought up by the media to creat controversy.

4. How is that trash talking?

"Oh, they knew. They were calling our stuff out. They knew, especially that first championship game here at Heinz Field. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff."
-Hines Ward

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How is that talking trash? It's an observation. Find me a quote where a Steeler player bashed another player... outside of Joey Porter. Good luck, because you won't find one. This is a respectful franchise, the Rooney's wouldn't tolerate anything they deemed innappropriate.

1. You act like they're the only team to ever do that. Teams do it every year. If you wait until you win the championship game it's too late to get reservations anywhere. Happens every year,

2. You act like the players made that decision.

3. That's totally irrelevent, brought up by the media to creat controversy.

4. How is that trash talking?

Because he was lying, and basically piling onto the media bandwagon and using it to make an excuse as to why the Steelers lost.

But I agree, from what I've heard the hotel reservation thing was because the SB was only one week after the AFCCG that year because of 9/11 and all the other four teams had to make reservations also.

Because he was lying, and basically piling onto the media bandwagon and using it to make an excuse as to why the Steelers lost.

But I agree, from what I've heard the hotel reservation thing was because the SB was only one week after the AFCCG that year because of 9/11 and all the other four teams had to make reservations also.

How do you know he was lying? Were you on the field? If they were calling out our plays he has a right to say that... I wasn't there so I don't know.

TIMEsteelersfan said:
How is that talking trash? It's an observation.

Blatantly saying we knew every call, without any evidence what so ever is inexcusable and quite frankly disgusting.

"TIMEsteelers fan was naked when he made that reply. Oh he was naked."

I have no evidence to make such a claim, therefore it's erroneous and immature. As was Hines Ward for saying what he said.

I don't think the reservations thing was a big deal or disrespectful....alot of teams do that; in fact i think that was 2001 when there was only a week in-between the AFCC and the Superbowl because of 9/11. However it really did help motivate the pats so i liked it for that reason! The pats used similar motivation in the Superbowl when one of the teams was planning the parade already!

The Heinz ward comments just shows a sore loser....that's it!

Blatantly saying we knew every call, without any evidence what so ever is inexcusable and quite frankly disgusting.

"TIMEsteelers fan was naked when he made that reply. Oh he was naked."

I have no evidence to make such a claim, therefore it's erroneous and immature. As was Hines Ward for saying what he said.

C'mon Disco... he was on the field listening to Patriot players calling out our plays. That's his proof... he witnessed it. Did you? I sure didn't?

I have an account there but don't ever really post there. I don't even think I can remember my password.

Plus, Ben has always been very complimentary of Brady, calling him the best QB in the league even when everyone thought Peyton was the best.

I think most qb's have a mutual admiration of one another. To me, they typically seem to be the classiest guys. Ben deserves all the accollades he's received to date. He was gutsy last year after that horrible accident and now he's picking up where he left off in 2005.

Anytime an NFL quarterback is so good that after his rookie year, everyone knows without question that he's the starter is quite an accomplishment. Barring injury, Rothlesburgher is the future of the Steelers...he is that good.

Last edited:
How do you know he was lying? Were you on the field? If they were calling out our plays he has a right to say that... I wasn't there so I don't know.

You seem to be an intelligent poster, please stop with this defending though. Ward has no proof and he was piling on during spygate looking for a reason they lost. The pats were calling out their plays i am sure, it's not because of spygate though...it was because of film-study and the fact they were recognizing what the steelers were trying to do. They do this every week, nothings changed.

C'mon Disco... he was on the field listening to Patriot players calling out our plays. That's his proof... he witnessed it. Did you? I sure didn't?

because he is on the offense. "Spygate" was about taping DEFENSIVE signals.

Calling out another teams plays would be the result of studying GAME film, not signal film. If Ward said they were calling out Steelers plays, that means he's referring to OFFENSIVE plays, since Ward wouldn't be able to hear unless he was on the field.

Question: How does taping defensive signals help the Patriots to call out the Steelers OFFENSIVE plays?

That comment was blatant stupidity.

You seem to be an intelligent poster, please stop with this defending though. Ward has no proof and he was piling on during spygate looking for a reason they lost. The pats were calling out their plays i am sure, it's not because of spygate though...it was because of film-study and the fact they were recognizing what the steelers were trying to do. They do this every week, nothings changed.

I don't like that he said it, I'm sure it was just sour grapes. However, because he was involved he has the right to say it if he wants too.

Calling out another teams plays would be the result of studying GAME film, not signal film. If Ward said they were calling out Steelers plays, that means he's referring to OFFENSIVE plays, since Ward wouldn't be able to hear unless he was on the field.

Question: How does taping defensive signals help the Patriots to call out the Steelers OFFENSIVE plays?

That comment was blatant stupidity.

You're right... you know more about it than Ward does despite not being involved on any level.

You're right... you know more about it than Ward does despite not being involved on any level.

Use some common sense. And just because he was on the field does not make whatever he has to say true. Bart Scott, Chris McCallister, Samari Rolle, and Derrick Mason were all on the field, and all four of them said something along the lines of the game being fixed. Does that make it true? Do they have the right to say something that is incorrect because they were involved on the field? No. Stupidity is stupidity, regardless of whether or not someone participated "on the field."

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back