PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Patriots Pregame Thread Week 18: Jete @ Pats

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in attendance for that one. The game itself sucked and it was pouring rain, I had horrible seats way up high, but the crowd atmosphere was actually great! Everyone was cheering for Tom and giving a lot of love knowing it might be his last game. I look back fondly on it despite it all.
All I remember is the pick 6.

I can't take credit for this. I heard it on the radio.

Currently the Jets have a 15 game losing streak to the Pats (the longest current streak in the NFL). It would be such a Jets thing to do is breaking the losing streak this weekend which will give the Pats the #2 draft spot where they draft Drake Maye who becomes an elite QB who dominates the Jets for the next 15-20 years.

Currently the Jets have a 15 game losing streak to the Pats (the longest current streak in the NFL). It would be such a Jets thing to do is breaking the losing streak this weekend which will give the Pats the #2 draft spot where they draft Drake Maye who becomes an elite QB who dominates the Jets for the next 15-20 years.
I can see Woody Johnson celebrating for a bit until someone tells him this and ...
Confused The Interview GIF

Let's see if Belichick completes the total blunder of a season and goes balls to the wall to beat the Jete. My money is on Belichick ****ing up just one last thing before he departs.

That's also really funny.

"We did it!!!! We ended the streak!!!!!"

watches as other games end in just the right way for NE to slide ahead of Washington and get the #2 pick

"Uh oh, I'm in danger"

Pats draft Drake Maye and immediately beat the Rodgers-led Jets in their very next game

How about this for luck -
Zappe gets hurt in the 2nd quarter, Mac comes in and leads the Pats to a remarkable comeback.
The Pats fire BB, he goes to WAS, signs Mac in FA, picks a LT at #3.
Pats pick a QB at #4, who gets hurt in preseason, and BB and Mac go to the SB next year.

Perfect timing!

I am going to go to the game to yell "thank you!" to BB like I did for TFB at his last game. Time catches up with everyone and no one is perfect, but I do not understand those that do not appreciate Bill's greatness. That is probably a good thing for me.
Anyone that doesn't appreciate Bills' past greatness is an idiot. I've been accused of being a Bill hater. I'm not. I'm a realist that truly believes his time has come and team would be better off going in a different direction.

I'll always remember Bill and Tom hugging on the field after winning all those SBs. They complemented each other perfectly. However, I refuse to live in the past. It's just time.

Anyone that doesn't appreciate Bills' past greatness is an idiot. I've been accused of being a Bill hater. I'm not. I'm a realist that truly believes his time has come and team would be better off going in a different direction.

I'll always remember Bill and Tom hugging on the field after winning all those SBs. They complemented each other perfectly. However, I refuse to live in the past. It's just time.
A few posts ago you said that your money is on BB ****ing up one more thing before he leaves.
Sounds like a hater to me.

A few posts ago you said that your money is on BB ****ing up one more thing before he leaves.
Sounds like a hater to me.
I said I appreciated his past greatness. His recent record is open to criticism. That doesn't make me a hater. This season is his worse ever. That's a fact. He's failed to do his job. I'd rather he leave one year too early then one too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe