PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots prospect meetings

Well, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they Pats draft an FSU Olineman early.

Quite a few interviews lined up with interior OL prospects. Looks like there is a good chance this position will be targeted early in the draft. Williams meeting with the Patriots has me excited at the possibilities of paring him with Gronk.

*Quick aside: I may have a chance to attend the NFL draft. I shall keep you all posted on whether or not I am fortunate enough to go*

Well, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they Pats draft an FSU Olineman early.

It's interesting that non FSU interviews are being described as "with Patriots" and the two FSU interviews (Jackson, Hart) as "with Dante".

Quite a few interviews lined up with interior OL prospects. Looks like there is a good chance this position will be targeted early in the draft. Williams meeting with the Patriots has me excited at the possibilities of paring him with Gronk.

*Quick aside: I may have a chance to attend the NFL draft. I shall keep you all posted on whether or not I am fortunate enough to go*

It should be noted that all the OL meetings we've been told of so far are with mid-round prospects. That would tie in with how the Pats value interior OL historically.

And good luck on going to the draft. It would be good to get a perspective of what it was like to be there.

It should be noted that all the OL meetings we've been told of so far are with mid-round prospects. That would tie in with how the Pats value interior OL historically.

And good luck on going to the draft. It would be good to get a perspective of what it was like to be there.

Good point, manx. Could mean that they like the depth and are targeting mid round OL, leaving them to draft other positions early.

Thanks. I'll definitely post Patsfans from the draft if I go. :D

Good point, manx. Could mean that they like the depth and are targeting mid round OL, leaving them to draft other positions early.

Thanks. I'll definitely post Patsfans from the draft if I go. :D

Or they want to keep potential early rounders quiet.

Or they want to keep potential early rounders quiet.

To be fair, if the Pats had met with their last early-round IOL draft pick (Mankins) before the combine, he also would have been considered a mid-round prospect.

Jamon Brown out of Louisville is an interesting one. The guy is gigantic. I watched Louisville vs. Virginia and they used him on both sides throughout the game. When he gets his hands on people he has his way with them. He was a rock during the first half, but his conditioning kinda sucks so he was not as effective in the later parts of the game. I think they actually took him out for a bit in the 4th quarter. Super jumbo swing tackle, maybe. Definite guard possibilities. He's listed at 330lbs, but looked closer to 350 imo.

Miss State RB Josh Robinson met with the Patriots today.

https://twitter.com/DougKyedNESN/status/568501708441174016

Michigan State WR/CB Tony Lippett says he doesn't have any formal meetings planned with the Patriots, but met with them at Senior Bowl.

https://twitter.com/DougKyedNESN/status/568498977626304512

Central Arkansas WR Dezmin Lewis said he met w/ #patriots WR coach Chad O'Shea. Said they put up film and put him "in the hot seat".

https://twitter.com/JumboHart/status/568476422697816064

@DougKyedNESN: Iowa OL Brandon Scherff met with the Patriots last night.

ok, it looks like the pats are going heavy at the guard position. Pretty clear what they think their biggest need is.

Looks like we can feel confident that at least one interior lineman and one tight end will be drafted, lol.

do you really think Tre Jackson is a mid round prospect? I would think he's a 2nd rounder.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back