PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign Jalen Reagor to Practice Squad

Nice ps pickup

Assuming Reagor's issues have been getting the playbook as opposed to Ras-I Thornton who issues are physical?

Looking at his stats with TCU he had a good second year followed by a fairly average third year. To me he looks to have been seriously overdrafted. Smells more like a 3rd or 4th round flier. Interesting to see if BoB can get anything out of the kid.

Last edited:
Assuming Reagor's issues have been getting the playbook as opposed to Ras-I Thornton who issues are physical?

Looking at his stats with TCU he had a good second year followed by a fairly average third year. To me he looks to have been seriously overdrafted. Smells more like a 3rd or 4th round flier. Interesting to see if BoB can get anything out of the kid.
Feels like a Troy Brown project to me.

How long before he knock some B out at the club?

Feels like a Troy Brown project to me.
Mike,

IMO at this point we are, what we are as far as the roster. We are going to have to play sound, smart ball to compete. Guys out there are going to have to play to thier strength. To me it's all on the defense to keep us in the game. I need to see the offense do something against a good team before I can confidently say we're better offensively. I want the defense to corral running QBs. All these athletes on defense the time is now. If hurts starts gushing us with his legs then it's a field day for them. I'm just focusing on the eagles and beyond not cap space.

IMO at this point we are, what we are as far as the roster. We are going to have to play sound, smart ball to compete. Guys out there are going to have to play to thier strength. To me it's all on the defense to keep us in the game. I need to see the offense do something against a good team before I can confidently say we're better offensively. I want the defense to corral running QBs. All these athletes on defense the time is now. If hurts starts gushing us with his legs then it's a field day for them. I'm just focusing on the eagles and beyond not cap space.
I can conclusively say we're better offensively than last year. I can't conclusively say we're good offensively yet. But it was a very, very low bar from last year.

https%3A%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F06%2FScreen-Shot-2018-06-08-at-10.29.05-PM.jpg

The Pats signed this guy ?

I can conclusively say we're better offensively than last year. I can't conclusively say we're good offensively yet. But it was a very, very low bar from last year.
Agreed, actually completing a scoring drive is an accomplishment from last year. I like that we are tested right out the gate. A talented, hungry team like the eagles that were in the superbowl last year. A team is that is hungry to win, and show that they can compete like us.

My scouting acumen is so great that once upon a time I wanted to pair Harry and Reagor. I thought they'd be a dynamic duo. Oops!

Reagor can still be an occasionally explosive player in the right scheme. Just don't ask him to do much. Reverses, go routes, maybe returning. That's about it. I'm not sure he's got the chops for a more complex offense.

I love Evan but I don't get the whole MPH next gen crap. Seems like the slowest skill players and the fastest have a minimal gap and players you know are fast like Tyreek Hill measure out the same speed as guys Like Devin McCourty (who was always pretty fast but nowhere near Hill's speed).

I love Evan but I don't get the whole MPH next gen crap. Seems like the slowest skill players and the fastest have a minimal gap and players you know are fast like Tyreek Hill measure out the same speed as guys Like Devin McCourty (who was always pretty fast but nowhere near Hill's speed).
I think Evan is saying he can't handle complex routes, so you have him run straight and draw off the top of the defense.

I think Evan is saying he can't handle complex routes, so you have him run straight and draw off the top of the defense.
Never followed his career enough to know what went wrong but I think your interpretation is probably on the money.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back