PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Signing Former Vikings WR K.J. Osborn

Filling out the roster pre-draft ...
Enabling working the draft for opportunity ... all day long.

7th receiver to date ...

Last edited:
Need WR1. Some say wait, Pick on day 2 a lower WR1. Lots of good wideouts.I disagree. 3 jags Do not = a #1. Pick your jags in the draft late, definitely no pain, I like. I.M.O. time is up. 4 years of suffering is too long. Crappy offense sucks. I want the Moss days back. Most fun offense ever! Gamechanger. Picking F.A #3 WR. With 540 yards last year, sorry no. Take the shot Mayo. Get the best rated offensive weapon for use in the future. Probably won't happen because where stuck in neutral...

Averaged 35 yds /game while matched up against opponents’ lowest rated CBs as D coordinators focused game plans on Jefferson and Addison.

Another thoroughly ok move.

The 1 year deal is interesting. Either the team thinks it's taking a flyer on a likely jag, or the player is betting on himself to produce big on a crappy offense.

Either way, this will be a much less embarrassing 5 win team in 2024.

Averaged 35 yds /game while matched up against opponents’ lowest rated CBs as D coordinators focused game plans on Jefferson and Addison.
Tough to rack up yards with two elite receivers (one arguably the best in the league) getting most of the targets. 35 yds/game seems good.

Slater is in his prime and would be a top 5 pick this year. The Bolts may again have cap issues in 2025 and Slater is due for big contract. If we also trade for Higgins (a 2nd this year), who has requested a trade, we are not a top 5 pick team next year.
I'd rather have a top 5 pick (likely #1 overall) than Higgins this year. He might only play under the tag then he'll be available next year without having to give up draft capital.

Awesome. That should stop the crying.

Overall this is a really strategic way to build your receiving corps. Teams like the Jets, who have a rare lockdown corner, are going to have no idea who to put him on. He will end up just aimlessly wandering around wondering who he should cover.

I have watched a lot KJ Osborn and I think he is younger, better Josh Reynolds. My son is a huge Vikings fan and I have probably seen 30 Vikings games on TV as well as the playoff loss to the GIants in person.

Pluses: He can get open a lot against a weaker/slot coverage. Through his footwork, he is often wide open on crossers. Has had some big games when starters have been hurt.

Minuses: Drops. He had an absolute killer drop in the late fourth against the Giants in a playoff game that spoiled any comeback chances and he continued to struggle with drops this year.

He may be, with Bourne coming off injury, the best WR on the roster. So, he makes the team better. I don’t know if he can get consistently open against top coverage, and his stats could go down. But he will get open against a most corner twos. He will have some brutal drops. But, if we remember who he is and what his limitations are, I think he is a flawed but needed addition. He is better than Reagor and JuJu

He had a horrible drop in the January 2023 playoff game against the giants and that seemed to dog him all this season. I do t remember as many drops before. Hopefully, he can let go of that and get back on track.

I'd rather have a top 5 pick (likely #1 overall) than Higgins this year. He might only play under the tag then he'll be available next year without having to give up draft capital.
Strongly disagree that with Slater, Higgins (no one is giving up 34th overall pick for one year rental, c’mon now) and a vet QB, and possibly a solid rookie taking over half way through, that we end up with the top pick.
You obviously didn’t read my previous posts.

Strongly disagree that with Slater, Higgins (no one is giving up 34th overall pick for one year rental, c’mon now) and a vet QB, and possibly a solid rookie taking over half way through, that we end up with the top pick.
You obviously didn’t read my previous posts.
I responded to that one specific post. If I misunderstood, I apologize. I don't have the time to read EVERY person's post's.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back