PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots waive Grier. Bill must go.

Bill's mishandling of the post-Brady qb situation alone argues for his being fired. Getting rid of Grier may well make sense, but if you examine the history of the team's qb's this year, - the utter lack of progress in finding a next qb - you can only conclude that Bill's either lost his cognitive edge or is so poisoned with rage or megalomania that he can no longer do productive work.

Up to now, I have felt sympathy for Bill's situation, but the smirky ******** at press conferences is starting to piss me off: basically he's just saying "**** you" to press, fans, arguably even the owner.

**** you too, Bill.
There are teams who have been try to find their “next QB” for a decade or two, with the luxury of high draft picks… and yet if it doesn’t happen here in a few years people become apoplectic.
But regarding the press conferences, I think you have a point.

Cunningham is a receiver in development.

I don't think he'll play Zappe because he might accidentally win them some games.
Wich is my point. A QB who's supposed a WR is likely a better option.

I don’t think he looks dejected he looks the same to me as he always was. But yeah I think he knows this is it and he understands hea probably not going to get a real shot at winning one without Brady.
If you take a closer look he's not happy, he looks as if he knows it's over.. my uncle is a Sgt. Detective he always says body language people cannot disguise. It's a different aura with him than the norm.. he REALLY looks his age this season. Oh without a doubt. Unfortunately without a top QB his coaching record is going to parallel the Cleveland days.

Agreed, or he consented with Kraft’s request to give Mac the entire season.

The fastest way to improve the QB position is to lose unfortunately.
The better pick doesn't equate to the better player. It's about player evaluation and that hasn't been Bill's strength lately. He could have a favorite, miss on the guy he wanted and then grab the next choice and still have him be better. It's a crap shoot I tell ya.

I know nothing about college QBs but one player that intrigues me is JJ McCarthy. The first time I heard his name was about a month ago from a stranger sitting next to me at a restaurant. But his name keeps popping up here. You know him or how far he may fall in the draft?

@sb1 not that it's needed.. but further proof of what they think of zapp.
True, but 2 things remain true.
Bill has been abysmal at judging offensive talent.
Mac may practice well but pissed himself during games.
This sounded impossible 3 years ago but I am
Rooting for a definitive Giants Victory.
I liken it to people need to see the consequences to improve themselves.
Rob needs to see Danny Devitos love child outplay Mac the wack quarterback who breaks happy homes Jones.

There are teams who have been try to find their “next QB” for a decade or two, with the luxury of high draft picks… and yet if it doesn’t happen here in a few years people become apoplectic.
But regarding the press conferences, I think you have a point.
All I know is we need that "guy" that CJ stroud type of alpha, confidence oozing baller type of QB.. as fans we know more than anything what that looks like having one for 2 Decades.

But regarding the press conferences, I think you have a point

There's no denying that teams do find themselves chasing a qb for years. I have to assume, though, that the wisdom of a team's choices, the quality of their GM work over time certainly must affect how long a journey the team will have in finding its quarterback. The question then becomes, is your GM really the guy you want on the job, trying to make it happen? Any honest review of Bill the GM's work over the past few years and even in some respect for years before will show that Bill is not the man for the job. It seems to me Bill the HC has also declined, perhaps not as precipitiously and utterly as Bill the GM, but trends are certainly not promising; and that Bill the HC also bears very significant blame for the failings of our present first-round qb prospect and of the qb room generally.

We have all failed in life at times, and if in the end we are honest and resilient, we can get past it. Who would argue that Bill is either? Stubborness and narcissistic self-involvement do not make for resilience, and it is clear in his press conferences that he is incapable of forthcomingness or honesty re his failings.

He gotta go, as they say.

I hope it can be accomplished amicably enough, that enough of a relationship can be preserved, that the fans and the Krafts can have an opportunity to thank Bill for his past accomplishments at some point, but either way, it must be done.

I don’t know if I can watch this guy today. Maybe I’ll just play a game or go outside… I was over this guy last year when he got benched in favor of Zappe. I think it was the Bears game? I have more leadership abilities than this guy and im not paid anything close to him

All I know is we need that "guy" that CJ stroud type of alpha, confidence oozing baller type of QB.. as fans we know more than anything what that looks like having one for 2 Decades.
The problem is that we won't know what we have until he's here. It's getting more difficult for college QBs to transfer their games to the NYFL.

If you take a closer look he's not happy, he looks as if he knows it's over.. my uncle is a Sgt. Detective he always says body language people cannot disguise. It's a different aura with him than the norm.. he REALLY looks his age this season. Oh without a doubt. Unfortunately without a top QB his coaching record is going to parallel the Cleveland days.
This is certainly true. When I look at it, ironically enough, from a "what is best for the team" perspective, I believe Bill must be relieved of both of his jobs. The pressures of Bill's present situation must certainly be painful and will take a toll. It's sad, hard to see. I am a number of years older than Bill: dealing with losses - in standing, in ability, in energy, in influence - are part and parcel - universally - of getting old. There are losses, that is, and those losses can be painful. Nevertheless, the world goes on, as it must. It simply goes on in certain respects without you. Sorry kids: facts is facts.

I can no longer backpack up and down mountains as I used to every summer. Bill can no longer run a football team. It is, as the saying goes, what it is.

I think it was Curran. He probably had some weasel words before he made his genius prediction. You forgot Breer - the guy is awful with no sources at all.
I don’t know about the “no sources” part. He was on the NBCBoston pregame show a few weeks ago when the NFL Network dropped the report of Belichick‘s new “lucrative and long-term” extension.

To Curran’s credit, he immediately threw cold water on the report saying his understanding was the extension was through the 24 season which is where the reporting has settled since the story broke including Ian Rapaport of NFL media who I think initially had the story.

Curran tries too hard to be funny which sometimes annoys me, but he’s connected and on the Belichick extension news was far more connected than his peers.

I don’t know if I can watch this guy today. Maybe I’ll just play a game or go outside… I was over this guy last year when he got benched in favor of Zappe. I think it was the Bears game? I have more leadership abilities than this guy and im not paid anything close to him
And Mac's not being paid anything close to the man making him the starting QB, and that guy stands on the sidelines and will never have to face the rush from a 200- 300 lb defender.

I'll watch the Pats game but I may not watch any others. My wife actually likes the NYFL this year because they keep giving us together time during football hours. Last Sunday with the bye we got in our own version of Creature Double Feature with The Blob and Godzilla, two 50's classics.

The problem is that we won't know what we have until he's here. It's getting more difficult for college QBs to transfer their games to the NYFL.
I'll agree. That's where the vetting comes in. It's important to look for those traits in that guy. I'm out on Caleb Williams we we already have a cry baby at QB. We need an alpha, a leader, guy who commands the locker room and oozes confidence. It's not all Mac's fault of course but it's best for he and the organization to part ways.

BB has entered the senile phase of life. Decision making is erratic and carries too much ego to be wise.
Once he uttered the phrase "the last 25 years" - as a reason to justify his leading of this team NOW, he jumped the shark.

Mac is not great, and may not be here next year. But BB chose him, and left no backup plan this year (Zappe & Malik were never options).
Pulling Mac after that INT 2 weeks ago, and not letting him at least try to overcome it with a final drive was more detrimental to the coaching staff than dooming Mac. You really think a backup with no experience and no timing with starters had a chance to make the 2min drill work?
It's all been atrocious. BB must go.

BB has entered the senile phase of life. Decision making is erratic and carries too much ego to be wise.
Once he uttered the phrase "the last 25 years" - as a reason to justify his leading of this team NOW, he jumped the shark.

Mac is not great, and may not be here next year. But BB chose him, and left no backup plan this year (Zappe & Malik were never options).
Pulling Mac after that INT 2 weeks ago, and not letting him at least try to overcome it with a final drive was more detrimental to the coaching staff than dooming Mac. You really think a backup with no experience and no timing with starters had a chance to make the 2min drill work?
It's all been atrocious. BB must go.
Agreed. Even with gonzo and judon our 2 best players. This roster was still underwhelming. It just feels like BB purposely did this. Then let's not forget about the D hop scenario. What a shame that was! He could have helped us this year big time.

Agreed. Even with gonzo and judon our 2 best players. This roster was still underwhelming. It just feels like BB purposely did this. Then let's not forget about the D hop scenario. What a shame that was! He could have helped us this year big time.
Mac sucks. Hopkins hasn't made Will Levis good, how in the heck would he make Mac good?

He wouldn't.

This notion that weapons make QB's is ludicrous, they can enhance already good QB's, they won't turn bad into good.

Mac sucks. Hopkins hasn't made Will Levis good, how in the heck would he make Mac good?

He wouldn't.

This notion that weapons make QB's is ludicrous, they can enhance already good QB's, they won't turn bad into good.
Have you seen the WRs on the roster? There's your answer

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back