PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Wednesday 8/30/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
I didn't realize all that would happen so quickly. So we'll know how the Pats finish the puzzle by the end of lunch. Cool. At least before trades, of which there are often one or two more.

If they haven’t added a qb by practice, today is probably going to be quite the unique experience for Mac. Going through position meetings and practice alone with the coaches…

I didn't realize all that would happen so quickly. So we'll know how the Pats finish the puzzle by the end of lunch. Cool. At least before trades, of which there are often one or two more.

Is this faster than in other years?

My memory is waivers weren't completed until 4 PM

If they haven’t added a qb by practice, today is probably going to be quite the unique experience for Mac. Going through position meetings and practice alone with the coaches…

"Nice job in practice today with the starting offense, Mac. Now get your ass down to the scout team field, we need you to pretend to be Jalen Hurts."

All the indications are the QB room will actually be unchanged - Zappe and Cunningham on PS.

Zappe will likely end up back on the 53 within a few weeks. Let's see who they IR today - perhaps Reiff and Thornton.

All the indications are the QB room will actually be unchanged - Zappe and Cunningham on PS.

Zappe will likely end up back on the 53 within a few weeks. Let's see who they IR today - perhaps Reiff and Thornton.
Few weeks? Not week 1? Can we use the emergency QB rule if we are only carrying 2 QBs?

Assuming no one claims.

Zappe did show some flashes last year, wouldn't be shocked if someone claims him...

Is this faster than in other years?

My memory is waivers weren't completed until 4 PM
I did read somewhere that the time had changed to 12 midday....trying to remember where !!!...probably just as easy to check the web.

Few weeks? Not week 1? Can we use the emergency QB rule if we are only carrying 2 QBs?

To use the emergency QB rule, the third QBs has to be on the 53. So not going to happen and not going to drive their roster construction, at least at this point.

Instead I suspect their plan is for Zappe to be on the PS and elevated one or more times before being put back on the 53. It's even possible he'll be back today after someone is IR'ed.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back