PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats re-sign Hunter Henry

Roughly 13.5 AAV for him is a slight raise from what he was making, he's worth it. He played great for us even with a terrible QB situation.
Not sure what you mean? 3 years - $27M - max value of $30M. $27M divided by 3 = $9M. Where is 13.5 coming from?

Great news. Prior to this the position was one of immense concern, with all three TEs being free agents.

Not sure what you mean? 3 years - $27M - max value of $30M. $27M divided by 3 = $9M. Where is 13.5 coming from?
We'll have to see the final detail of the contract obviously, but I'm guessing based off what he was previously making and his age.

A lot of these deals are set up as two year deals with a void year in year three for cap reasons.

With HH resigned , will they go for a FA tight end and also resign Pharaoh Brown ?

This fanbase annoys the **** out of me sometimes. Henry was easily the most consistent pass catcher on the offense and people were worrying about non market resetting money to resign him. There's no way to get around that losing him right now weakens an offense that can't afford to be weakened. But then everyone wants to throw a new QB into this mess
It's also an internet message board.

You aren't going to please everybody with every move. Even during the dynasty years, people complained about plenty of moves that later turned into great decisions.

Good signing, onto the next one.

With HH resigned , will they go for a FA tight end and also resign Pharaoh Brown ?
I would prefer to pick one or the other. Either resign Pharaoh, or sign another vet. Fill in the remaining TE spot with a mid to later round draft pick.

We'll have to see the final detail of the contract obviously, but I'm guessing based off what he was previously making and his age.

A lot of these deals are set up as two year deals with a void year in year three for cap reasons.
But the money in the void year is included in the overall value. Report says $27m base, not $27m guaranteed. I’m guessing it’s likely a traditional deal, no void years but he may not see 2026 depending on performance, with the 2026 base salary being in $9m range. Something like:

$9m signing bonus
2024 - $1m base plus $1m incentives
2025 - $8m base, plus $1m incentives
2026 - $9m base, plus $1m incentives

Produces cap hits of $4-5m, $11-12m, and $12-13m respectively. Cap savings of $1-2m if cut prior to 2025, $6-7m if cut prior to 2026.

Great news! He was the one of the players from last year that I wanted back. I guess they were not that far apart as the media wished us to believe!!!!!!

this is great news

had him as one of the "must signs" early in the off season

the other was Onwenu... now lets get that one done...

The contract is reported to be at minimum 27 Million, at maximum 30 Million. I know it may be the market rate, but I don't believe that he's worth that much. I wanted Noah Fant too!
Fant has a higher ceiling, but also a way lower floor. I'd rather we go with the safe move here in this case. The new QB needs stability

But the money in the void year is included in the overall value. Report says $27m base, not $27m guaranteed. I’m guessing it’s likely a traditional deal, no void years but he may not see 2026 depending on performance, with the 2026 base salary being in $9m range. Something like:

$9m signing bonus

Produces cap hits of $4-5m, $11-12m, and $12-13m respectively. Cap savings of $1-2m if cut prior to 2025, $6-7m if cut prior to 2026.
So, if we cut him after 2 seasons we save 6-7 million. Cool.

$9m signing bonus

We're all just guessing obviously, we'll have to wait for the final details to come out. But his last deal with the Chargers was 10.6M per year, his deal with the Patriots was 12.5... I seriously doubt with an exploding salary cap and him being one of the best FA TE's on the market he accepted a huge pay cut. Not likely...

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back