PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Chiefs opens at -3/3.5 with O/U 58.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in deep trouble ..Couldnt. Cover the TE last week Kelsey will eat us alive ...
Then there's no need to watch. Thanks!

The Chiefs are not overrated as an offense, but Kelce is very overrated as an indivual player. Not a good blocker and gets a crap ton of easy plays designed to get him wide open while defenses worry about other issues. I’d say he’s he’s at least two tiers below Gronk. I can’t believe that crackhead called him the best TE! If the Patriots theoretically replaced Gronk with Kelce they’d be sorely disappointed. He’s just a slower, less homicidal version of Aaron Hernandez.

Home field counts as 3 points so Vegas basically has this matchup as a toss up.

If it were on a neutral field, then yes. The teams themselves are even.

Road games against the Titans and Bears look like far cries from the cakewalks we suspected they might be. On the other hand, home games against the Packers, Vikings, Steelers, and Texans (already won) not so daunting.
Steelers game is in Pittsburgh. Despite their early season struggles, Ben plays much better at home and the local morons always treat it like it's their biggest game in franchise history. Brady was a Jesse James overrule away from being 3-3 there in the regular season, so I think it has the tendency to be a pain in the butt. I think I’d keep it in the first category with the road games at CHI and at TEN. Let’s hope they completely implode, trade Bell, etc. That would make it an easier road.

Steelers game is in Pittsburgh. Despite their early season struggles, Ben plays much better at home and the local morons always treat it like it's their biggest game in franchise history. Brady was a Jesse James overrule away from being 3-3 there in the regular season, so I think it has the tendency to be a pain in the butt. I think I’d keep it in the first category with the road games at CHI and at TEN. Let’s hope they completely implode, trade Bell, etc. That would make it an easier road.

A three-year sweep at Heinz Field would be quite a delicious memory whenever I'm feeling down.

It would be interesting if KC beats the Jags and we beat KC. That could make for an interesting end to the season if all 3 teams finish with the same record.

If that happens, then the H2H tiebreaker is inapplicable for breaking that tie and you move to conference record and go from there.

Then as soon as the tie is broken that team gets eliminated and you restart with the two team tiebreaker and H2H absolutely would apply there.

Back to the Steelers because why not?

I can already see the most Tomlin move ever, telling his team all week that they “should have won last year” and reminding them they need to just make the big plays in the crucial moments, all the while ignoring the totally different 2018 version of the Patriots, then just getting their @asses kicked from the opening kickoff. Meanwhile, Belichick must laugh hysterically about the Steelers identical playbook, tendencies, and philosophies year in year out.

I’ll never forget the abysmal level or arrogance and disrespect when the Steelers ended the Patriots record winning streak in 2004 at Heinz. It wasn’t that they won (they played well), but the complete ****head team gloating while constantly chest bumping and talking for weeks about how overrated the Patriots were. The fans are just like the players. I remember the total ****iness from players to coaches to fans going into that AFC Championship game rematch, which remains my favorite Patriots non-Super Bowl ever by a wide margin. The fans are now like beaten dogs when it comes to the Patriots, until about two days before the game when they remember again they’ve been cheated again and again and start openly rooting for a Brady injury while proclaiming how amazing and classy they are. Steelers game is always the biggest one of the year for me, and there’s nothing more satisfying than winning at Heinz. I’m bothered way loss by losing to the Jets. The Steelers are truly the most despicable, hypocritical team in professional sports. Their players are complete turds and their fans are essentially scum. The organization goes to great lengths to put lipstick on their pig players, mainly the superstar faces of the franchise.

I’ll never forget the abysmal level or arrogance and disrespect when the Steelers ended the Patriots record winning streak in 2004 at Heinz. It wasn’t that they won (they played well), but the complete ****head team gloating while constantly chest bumping and talking for weeks about how overrated the Patriots were. The fans are just like the players. I remember the total ****iness from players to coaches to fans going into that AFC Championship game rematch, which remains my favorite Patriots non-Super Bowl ever by a wide margin. The fans are now like beaten dogs when it comes to the Patriots, until about two days before the game when they remember again they’ve been cheated again and again and start openly rooting for a Brady injury while proclaiming how amazing and classy they are. Steelers game is always the biggest one of the year for me, and there’s nothing more satisfying than winning at Heinz. I’m bothered way loss by losing to the Jets. The Steelers are truly the most despicable, hypocritical team in professional sports. Their players are complete turds and their fans are essentially scum. The organization goes to great lengths to put lipstick on their pig players, mainly the superstar faces of the franchise.
I remember the 2004 loss @Heinz all too well. Pretty sure it was on Halloween. So glad to see them come back and completely whoop their asses in the postseason rematch. Their fans are scum. I agree that there’s no other team in the NFL that I’d rather beat. The Jets are second, but they are a distant second.

Pats/Chiefs opens -3/3.5 O/U 58.5

I'm not a huge gambler but I was really curious to see where this would open. I don't think I would touch the spread. I can see either team winning.

58.5 seems like a lot of points on the surface but given most people have been speculating a game played out at least in the low 30's it seems suspiciously low. The weather, not that I trust those guys, looks to be perfect with temps in the low 50's and little wind.

Pats are favorites?? Take the Chiefs and the points!

How much is the line going to jump once the Chiefs announce that Jordan Devey is going to start? :eek:

I’m taking the pats even up with my usual betting victims. I lost my butt earlier

I think that line is locked in

58.5 points is not enough. This will be a 42 - 38 type game. Neither team has a good defense. This will be a great test for the maturity of Patrick Mahomes. Prime time stage and going against the GOAT on the other sideline.

I don't gamble but I'm not sure if I would touch that O/U. If anything, I'd probably take the under because both offenses will have to sustain drives to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back