PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Breer: Mac Jones "infuriating" coaches with decision making

this team needs a new QB. When Mac was drafted he was supposed to be able to find the open guy everytime, even if he didn’t have a huge arm. He hasn’t been able to read the defense like he needs to, to succeed. I think if he was playing behind a good line with good receivers he probably would be a successful nfl qb but that didn’t happen so it’s time to move on.

The player either has it or he doesn't. He is becoming like Brian Hoyer who was a pantamine at the LOS, only to throw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and force a punt.

If the press is starting to write 'hit articles' on Mac Jones, it feels almost as if they are paving the way for a new QB to enter the picture in New England.

Honestly I wouldn't mind that. A brand new QB1 fresh out of the draft would give me some hope, at least some significant change to look forward to.
Does it have to be fresh out of the draft?

Today I’ve seen some suggestions that Kyler Murray might end up in Foxboro during the coming off season. How would everybody react to that?

myself, I’d like a double dip. Draft a rookie who can be QB1 and sign Murray. Play whoever is best.

Today I’ve seen some suggestions that Kyler Murray might end up in Foxboro during the coming off season. How would everybody react to that?
Draft a rookie who can be QB1 and sign Murray.
No….a thousand times no to Kyler Murray. He is a lazy and entitled and inconsistent. Note they inserted a clause in his contract that he had to study the playbook for so many hours per week. (I believe the players union had them remove it).

The only people who would be happy with this would be a lot of Cardinal fans.

It's crazy, I've never seen another teams QB, or any player for that matter, disagree with a coach on the sideline. Or even get yelled at for a bonehead play.

I know everyone hates Breer and I am sure we will get a picture of his mugshot for some reason but he singles out a specific play the coaches got pissed about. Seems to me the spin control PR machine is being fired up in the coaching offices.

Are these the same infuriated coaches who are coaching the :
-wide receivers?
- offensive line?
- tight ends?
- linebackers?
-DBs?
-Special Teams?

just wondering about “those” coaches. Disfunction starts at the top….these “leaks” for the past couple of years is an organization without a compass. Clean house.

Looks like Gesecki running that seam route and I agree it is hard to tell if Mac had a window. Either way I don't know why he needed to take off there. At the end of the video he seems to show his frustration but he has no one to be mad at but himself.

Maybe he WAS mad at himself.

I'm seeing Mac make the same mistakes he made as a rookie. He has not improved three years in and it's time to move on from him at the end of the year. In this league, you need a QB who can eventually play at a high level, or you have no chance. From where I sit, we took our shot at #15 and it just didn't work out. Mac's limited athletic ability and weak arm simply cannot be hidden in today's NFL, where speed on D is everywhere. Now why it didn't work out can certainly be attributed, at least in some part, to the odd coaching choices the GM made in Year 2 of Mac's development. Given the stakes, Belichick's mismanagment of the coaching resources last year were not far off in terms of its stupidity, with the three first rounders San Fran gave up for Trey Lance. One easily could argue that Belichick's coaching choices last year have had a much more negative impact on the Patriots franchise this year and next, than the Lance trade is going to have on San Fran.

The roster is weak and far away from competing for Championships. The reason? Our drafting has been poor the last 7-8 years! If do we end up with a top 5 draft pick in 2024, I have some pretty big concerns about Belichick picking the groceries in 2024. The game has changed a lot the last decade and I'm not sure that BB has evolved with the changes. It's time to remove the GM duties from our coach at the end of the year. Both job are enormous and the dude is in his 70's. I hope that he stays on as coach and gives up the GM duties fully. At 71, he should be relieved to be free of the GM burden and its demands. And if he won't, why not? Hasn't he been preaching "team first" since he got here? He should put the team first and surrender the GM title as soon as game 17 has been played.

myself, I’d like a double dip. Draft a rookie who can be QB1 and sign Murray. Play whoever is best.
I would prefer a fresh new QB out of the draft because they don't have to 'unlearn' any bad habits.

Kyler Murray didn't have the best environment in Arizona.

On top of that he has a lot of durability issues tied in to his lack of size. He's 5'9 and 200 lbs soaking wet.

The other serious issue to consider is his massive 37 million dollar salary for 2024.

Salary details at Spotrac: Kyler Murray

With a rookie QB you pay them less up front so you have the money to also go into free agency to either sign a big time playmaker at WR or a veteran tackle who can protect the new QB's blindside.

The next guy will have a lot less on his shoulders. Mac is standing in Tom Brady’s spot like an imposter. The next guy will be standing in Mac Jones spot as a dramatic improvement.

Funny how two years ago it was the fact he was a rookie and hit a wall that he sucked in the second half of the year. Then last year it was Patricia being the reason he sucked. This year it is the coaches and the entire team who suck and cause him to suck even more. At some point, doesn’t Mac bare the responsibility? I know some of you want to get rid of BB more than anything, but Jesus, Mac is problem #1 with the team. Fix the qb and you will be amazed the team doesn’t suck anymore.

this team needs a new QB. When Mac was drafted he was supposed to be able to find the open guy everytime, even if he didn’t have a huge arm. He hasn’t been able to read the defense like he needs to, to succeed. I think if he was playing behind a good line with good receivers he probably would be a successful nfl qb but that didn’t happen so it’s time to move on.
Corky needs an Alabama roster surrounding him and way better than he had in his college days because the NFL has the best players in the world.

One of these days I will go back and make a list of every NCAA DB that Corky faced and see if they were drafted into the NFL and if they are relevant at all.

Funny how two years ago it was the fact he was a rookie and hit a wall that he sucked in the second half of the year. Then last year it was Patricia being the reason he sucked. This year it is the coaches and the entire team who suck and cause him to suck even more. At some point, doesn’t Mac bare the responsibility? I know some of you want to get rid of BB more than anything, but Jesus, Mac is problem #1 with the team. Fix the qb and you will be amazed the team doesn’t suck anymore.
It was not Patricias fault at all.

The Pats simply turned Corky loose in 2022 and let him air it out like the big kids - Mahomes, Allens and Burrows. The INTs followed and his loyal fanclub blamed the NE OL, WRs, but mostly Patricia and Judge.

It was not Patricias fault at all.

The Pats simply turned Corky loose in 2022 and let him air it out like the big kids - Mahomes, Allens and Burrows. The INTs followed and his loyal fanclub blamed the NE OL, WRs, but mostly Patricia and Judge.
I see fans blaming everyone for the mess, and that goes from top to bottom. And they're all correct.

Simply put, and as has been said repeatedly, it's time to clean house.

Would love to have Murray for a Second he's a play maker from the QB position.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back