PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets do some basic math. The Bears scored 31 points. 14 was off a fumble on a kickoff and a fumble on a run. Both put them in incredibly advantageous field position where they were primed to score. You really can't hang the defense on that. Subtract 14 from 31 and you have 17. So two TD's and a field goal. Meanwhile the defense got two key INT's. They also got a huge sack in a crucial situation.

People are way too quick once again to look at the score and hang it all on the defense.

Special Teams accounted for 2 TDs today. 1 on the Kick Return and 1 on the blocked punt. So the offense only put up 24.

I owned season tickets in 1981...we went 2-14. My payment in full for the NEXT season was in the mail a couple of weeks after the season ended. The same occurred in 1993 after the **** McPherson 2-14 debacle of the 92 season. I'm a homer..and I'm GODDAMNED PROUD OF IT. WTF kind of azzole fan are you when all you can ever do is complain about the negatives, never attend games and never appreciate what this Patriot team has given you.? Guess what, EVERY TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE HAS NEGATIVES. A real fan DEALS with it and continues his unwavering support of the team. Since when has THIS become a dirty rotten quality to have?

Didnt hear his name mentioned with Brees, Favre and Manning. Thought he already did so that’s why I asked.

That's because they've beaten all 32 teams..

Manning beat the Colts when he was in Denver.
Brees has beaten the Chargers.
Favre beat Green Bay and Atlanta.

Why do folks have to be such tools when a dissenting opinion is offered? Is it because they feel threatened when someone disagrees with their opinion? I don't get it; there's no need to take things so personally.

I simply disagreed with you in as respectful and impersonal a way as possible and then you say the above, completely unprovoked.

We can have a respectful discussion and disagree with the content of our discussion without resorting to senseless, confrontational ad hominems and irrelevant, snarky quips.
New to the board?

Ok, makes sense now. Ding....
the point is, the scumbags in the media USE Brady's longevity as a way to ATTACK HIM as inferior to the other three because"Brady only beat 31!!!!!!"...NO QB has taken the unbelievable onslaught of mental and physical abuse that's been heaped on Tom Brady by this ****in' cesspool league and that goddamned shytpunk moron Goodell. Every NFL fan should be LIVID that this continues unabated but they, for the most part, buy into the insanely ******ed hatred that's been brewed up by these NFL azzoles since 2006.

Previous games 70.2% completion rate.

Against Pats 52% completion rate. Pressured all game long..

But yeah. He was crap regardless of pressure.

More Deus "wisdom" because he's always right and never wrong.

VacantBlushingKilldeer-size_restricted.gif

I wonder if there's any chance that hammy fully heals this season, I'm dying to see Flash at full speed.

I think he’s close. Some plays early on you see it.

I think it’s conditioning. He’s barely played over the last few years, and he’s pretty much getting back into football shape with us.

Regardless, he’s so exciting to watch.

How many receptions did those receivers get? 9. Their receivers weren't the problem today. Probably because Trubisky was being pressured all game. That pressure forced him to make numerous poor throws and decisions.

Sure it's the defenses job to hold them to a FG on a short field but you're giving them less margin for error by doing so and they're not an elite unit.

Longer fields gives them more opportunities to force stops, mistakes and or turnovers. They're good enough to do that.

They just beat two good and potentially playoff bound teams despite having to defend short fields and turnovers multiple times each game.
31 points allowed, 453 yards, over 50% on 3rd and 4th down, and 77 total plays. Sorry, but that isn’t good defense. You can put whatever window dressing that you want on it, but that’s bad. It would have been even worse had Trubisky not missed wide open receivers even without pressure. They also had opportunities for a total swing of 8 points and let up touchdowns on each possession when this is supposedly a unit that benefits from short fields (BBDB philosophy). They need to get much, much better.

He can be Flash . or turn into Josh Gronkowski..

And that's not even at 100% for him- that clip is making the rounds with the Boston media thinking he got gassed, but his hamstring is clearly not back to normal.

And that's not even at 100% for him- that clip is making the rounds with the Boston media thinking he got gassed, but his hamstring is clearly not back to normal.
Yeah, that’s not a guy that’s gassed. That’s a guy with hammy issues. It’s crazy that he’s even making this kind of impact when he’s clearly not anywhere close to 100%.

Watching Trubisky play, I am preparing myself for a post-Brady future that looks like that.

1st rounder, skittish when under pressure, no touch on his long throws, will chuck up interceptions. Ugh--I expected more from Trubisky, having never seen him play before. That being said, I also expect the Patriots to draft a QB who can run at least a little bit.

You look around though and guys like Mahomes and Wentz are jewels while Darnold, Josh Allen and Trubisky have ugly games--at least in the short time I've seen them play.

I guess you can hope they become like Goff, bad his rookie year, then he turned it around.

I haven't seen Rosen in any games yet.

Hello arena football. Just sit back have fun and enjoy it. This team is not winning a SB with that defense so just lower your championship expectations and just enjoy the fun.

Did Khalil Mack today???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back