PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to google "Rex Ryan bildo" then realized the google images might not be very fun to look at. Nevermind...

People won't be allowed to bring their own bildos into stadiums as soon as stadiums start selling them in their pro shops.

This is also the only way to get the official NFL team logo models.

This JillsMafia idiot is pissed....

uCX0ang.jpg
Was that ISIS?

Next Sunday night Broncos at Raiders... so one of them goes down that is nice. Need those teams to start dropping games. True only one of those three (Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs) have a shot at 1 seed, but would like them to start dropping games. Probably better for us to have the Raiders beat the Broncos.
it's pretty cool for the Pats right now.... All BEFORE we play at Denver,.... The Broncos Play the Raiders one time... The Broncos play the Chiefs one time... And the Raiders play the Chiefs one more time... The Pats control their own destiny but with that maze of AFCW teams games against each other, we should be in really good shape if we take care of our games.

I hated given up those lost 8 points even though it didn't matter and a lot of back ups where in the game.

I get too
Competitive and want them to crush the bills by 30. Lol

PS It was great to see Hogan do well and score against his former team.

I'm sure the Bills fans hated that. LOL

BB's offer sheet to Hogan. Yet another genius move that benefits our Patriots!

Deep passes can be a little more perfect than that -- but only a little. Hogan gave back maybe one step of separation slowing down for the pass. Beautifully done.

PS It was great to see Hogan do well and score against his former team.

I'm sure the Bills fans hated that. LOL

BB's offer sheet to Hogan. Yet another genius move that benefits our Patriots!

The linked article also refers to Hogan as Buffalo's "top slot receiver", whom the Pats have turned into the outside deep threat that has transformed NE's ability to get the ball downfield. I'll admit, I didn't know much about the guy, and didn't have any specific expectations (apart from "he'll probably be good") but the new dimension he has added is, I believe, beyond anyone's highest hopes for him. He might only have 19 catches, but he's killing it.

You know how Mike Lombardi is always repeating those tweets about how certain organisations can't get out of their cycle of mediocrity because they fail to evaluate themselves objectively ? I think that this is also true for some players that somehow fail to elevate themselves beyond mediocrity like Stephon Gilmore. And the answers he gave to the Bills reporters after the game are pretty telling about excuses and failure to accept reality:

e20e56e6-a6b4-4d08-a277-b038e77cf00a.jpg

But I guess that's what you get with the Rex Ryan program..

Gronk would probably have to play another 8-10 years. to do so..

Gronk has played close to 1/3 the games that Gonzo played. With the numbers you provided, I think we get a pretty good picture of the difference between Gronk and Gonzo.

- Gronk is on pace to get very close to Gonzo in receptions but would have to double what he has done so far. Gonzo will probably have more receptions.
- Gronk is on pace to have more yardage than Gonzo.
- Gronk has a higher yards/reception by almost 4 yards.
- Gronk is on pace to double the TD mark of Gonzo.

And then there's the eye test. No way imho was Gonzo as dominant as Gronk.

I was so calm for this game, I don't think I've ever been more relaxed. Because I know that Rex is good for one game a year where his team over performs and another game where they will embarrass themselves. It was true with the Jets and true now with the Bills.

They blew their wad beating us when we were starting an injured rookie and, iirc, no Gronk. I just didn't think they had a shot of repeating that performance especially missing so many weapons.

The linked article also refers to Hogan as Buffalo's "top slot receiver", whom the Pats have turned into the outside deep threat that has transformed NE's ability to get the ball downfield. I'll admit, I didn't know much about the guy, and didn't have any specific expectations (apart from "he'll probably be good") but the new dimension he has added is, I believe, beyond anyone's highest hopes for him. He might only have 19 catches, but he's killing it.

Yep, Hogan is averaging 20.6 yds/catch. That's a totally different profile than we've seen from a Patriots WR in years, and helps make for an amazingly versatile offense.

Patriots D were really hitting hard today. If that game lasted 4 more quarters, i'm not sure they could have fielded an offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back