PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
That pleased me a surprising amount. I'd like to see Mac do that more when the play isn't there. He's had a habit of holding on too long and taking the sack.

Mac has been sacked six times in three games. He has been very good this year hanging in the pocket and delivering the ball right before he gets hit. He was hit five times today and at least three of them I saw he completed passes right before he got hit.

Get healthy fellas.

Gonzalez seems to have ability that only elite CBs have where he seems to anticipate a receiver’s change of direction and moves with him even when the receiver turns on a dime. He has the potential to be special like HOF special.

The o-line was definitely better especially at run blocking, but they are still going to get Jones killed. Part of the reason they got overly conservative in the second half had to be that Jones was hit five times in the first.

That was my only real gripe with mac today. Not sure if its more on him or BOB. The two 3rd downs to jjss were iffy choices, there should be a wayer high percentage play on 3rd and short.
Agree. They can clean that up. Bob knows his limitations better than I do.

The o-line was definitely better especially at run blocking, but they are still going to get Jones killed. Part of the reason they got overly conservative in the second half had to be that Jones was hit five times in the first.
They couldn’t block Williams like at all.

Mac has been sacked six times in three games. He has been very good this year hanging in the pocket and delivering the ball right before he gets hit. He was hit five times today and at least three of them I saw he completed passes right before he got hit.
Agree. He has been better at standing in and making the throws. Still, I don't want him getting a taste for throwing hero balls and getting himself killed (or picked off). I'm merely saying that the throw-away has not been a notable part of his repertoire but it should be.

Don’t get me wrong I’m happy they won and maybe I’m looking at things too holistically but I saw a pats team in week one that had heart, determination, and tenacity I did not see it this today.
I saw plenty from Mac and the defense. I think the running game and the play calling fell apart. But that's often been our M.O. when playing with a lead.

I’m moving on from JuJu at this point, he has no burst and just don’t look right. Pop needs majority of snaps in the slot going forward

I give Bill a lot of credit for letting JC Jackson go and getting a true #1 in Gonzales. Offense could use some work tho lol....

I saw plenty from Mac and the defense. I think the running game and the play calling fell apart. But that's often been our M.O. when playing with a lead.
Remember the good ole days. When BB was trying to score points with a lead and he would say “ we are just trying to get better”
when he was being accused of running up the score

Mac's throw-by-throw today:
1695593534165.png

Hmmmmm…. An accelerating negative trend

I really dislike that the team that got the safety doesn’t get the ball back on a short punt like they used to. Safeties should be worth more points under the new rule.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back