PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Props to Dumervil for a clean hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to hit a guy that hard and run any lower risk of a nasty injury to him.

Dumervil was in control of the situation when he sacked Brady, and he used his control responsibly. He had every right to enjoy his hard hit -- that's part of why Brady gets the big bucks -- but he did it in the right way.

It scared the bejeezus out of me watching that hit, specially the slow-mo replay where his helmet just smashes his forearm. Then relief flooded through me when Brady jumped up and threw a pass the next play. Elvis is a stud, wish he was a Patriot!!

I wish it was, but you aren't allowed to bury your helmet in the chest of the QB like that in the NFL.

Also, as it doesn't get mentioned as often as it should, how effing tough is Brady? He might not have the stature of a Big Ben, but the guy can take a beating and keep on ticking!

And 5 seconds after Jim Nance says, "Brady has only been sacked once today". Thanks Jim, thanks a lot.

And 5 seconds after Jim Nance says, "Brady has only been sacked once today". Thanks Jim, thanks a lot.

That reminds me of last week, when Greg Gumbel mentioned something about Brady having gone over 100 passes without an interception, and then, next play, the pick in the end zone.

Great hit, and great bounceback by Brady.

I still cannot believe Tommy did not fumble the ball. I guess you have to put that on Dumervil tho. He could of strip Brady, but went for the text book hit.

Man, TFB is one tough SOB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX73rtcm9lg&feature=player_embedded

Honestly, how the H-E double hockey sticks did Brady not fumble on that hit?

Last edited:
I still cannot believe Tommy did not fumble the ball. I guess you have to put that on Dumervil tho. He could of strip Brady, but went for the text book hit.

Man, TFB is one tough SOB.

Tom Brady gets sacked/destroyed by Elvis Dumervil - YouTube

Honestly, how the H-E double hockey sticks did Brady not fumble on that hit?

My thoughts exactly. I was amazed at how casually Brady seemed to take that hit, and how he completely held onto the ball.

My thoughts exactly. I was amazed at how casually Brady seemed to take that hit, and how he completely held onto the ball.

It's crazy when you watch it again.

It should have been a clean hit, but IMO, it wasn't given the context of the NFL today. It looked to me as if he led with his helmet, and maybe he even drove Brady into the ground. I don't think it was intentionally dirty or anything, just saying that I think in today's league that gets called 7 or 8 out of 10 times.

Great bounce back by Brady.

I was thinking the same thing!! That could have been so much worse!!

awesome awareness Nate Lolder.

awesome awareness Nate Lolder.

Yes that play could have ruined the franchise and he cannot let that happen again, but on the whole I thought the line played very well today. The donkeys have a very good pass rush and the line stepped up for the most part.

I wish it was, but you aren't allowed to bury your helmet in the chest of the QB like that in the NFL.

+1. The thing that kills me is that there is no consistency in the NFL. He lead with his helmet and on some plays, that is a foul; on others it is a great play. Don't get it.

Only jerks tackle Brady.

It should have been a clean hit, but IMO, it wasn't given the context of the NFL today. It looked to me as if he led with his helmet, and maybe he even drove Brady into the ground. I don't think it was intentionally dirty or anything, just saying that I think in today's league that gets called 7 or 8 out of 10 times.

Great bounce back by Brady.

He led with his helmet and he better get fined because the same thing happened to Carter (that hairline issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back