PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Wait - - - Butler "looks guilty" to you because of WHAT? Did you mistakenly type "Butler" instead of Belichick"?

Butler most certainly DID comment in that doc - 29:25-29:54. He says he has absolutely no idea what could have caused it. He seems flummoxed by the whole thing. He did not snort, lie to the interviewer, snort again and then stare at the camera when caught in the lie.
He waves his arms and says, 'To this very day, I really don't......know......why!' He is quite emotional and open about it.

Given that objective fact, your statement above "Since Butler has never commented about it he looks guilty of something." is objectively wrong and an attempt at shading the story. The irony is, despite your reasoning in that sentence, you believe the one guy who ACTUALLY ISN'T COMMENTING. :rolleyes:

Overall, I'm happy Belichick was the HC of the NEP for a quarter century - - the greatest NFL HC in history. But, as the saying goes, the last perfect man died over 2k years ago. No one is 100% right all the time. There are some folks in here who believe in comic book superheroes. But in reality. even the greatest humans are fallible. Belichick ****ed up SB52 for highly questionable reasons and refuses to explain to the stakeholders - his employer, the paying customers and the men who put their lives and bodies on the line.

If some want to close their eyes and chant "Believe, Believe", then, as they say in the South, bless your hearts, I hear there's a stock symbol DJT to buy at a nice high price this morning.
You believe that Butler didn't know why he was benched and that he and the PA just accepted it? That's crazy talk.

Is it possible that Bill's treatment of Brady changed because Kraft told him that he'd never trade Brady?

My issue with the Cam year was that he tied Steve Grogan's TD record for Pats QBs instead of handing off to the RBs.
What's the only time Brady let his guard down during the interview?

When discussing Guerrero.

When's the only time Kraft admitted to stepping in and overruling Belichick on football/locker room decisions?

Guerrero.

It's pretty telling that Brady's defense of Guerrero was that Guerrero is a great guy and didn't deserve that treatment (which shows how angry Brady was) and that Belichick-hatin' Amendola completely understood the whole locker room dynamic when he said that Guerrero was "perhaps" a cause of dissension because his advice with players OTHER than Brady was going against the coaches and trainers.

Guerrero's presence was a major trigger for the entire break-up to the degree it caused bad blood.

You left out when he tea bagged a female trainer in college, and his family sent goons to intimidate her. Also, the entire HGH incident where he blamed his wife, and again sent goons to intimidate reporters.

Aside from that, he's been an outstanding citizen, almost as clean as Brady.
GMTA

I wonder who got more air time during the show, in spite of the hours of player interviews. Pats players from the dynasty or Globe reporters with an agenda? It looks like the Globe won but I'd have to do a rewatch to know for sure.
The show came across as a hunt for dirt on Belichick more than anything else.

Is it possible that Bill's treatment of Brady changed because Kraft told him that he'd never trade Brady?

My issue with the Cam year was that he tied Steve Grogan's TD record for Pats QBs instead of handing off to the RBs.
I think Bill's issue with Tom is not defined by one thing. I think Tom outgrew Bill, got sick of his ****, because he knew he was the best to play the game. I think that bugged Bill, because he'd rather have a guy he can coach than one who operates almost on autopilot. Even with LT, he had to be coached because he was such a knucklehead.

I think that somewhere, Bill subscribed to Parcells' QB tenants, among them : do no have a superstar QB.

I think that Bill's plan to move on from Tom to Jimmy was thwarted, and that bugged him. I think the Atlanta victory on 2/7/17 forced those plans to change, and made it so Jimmy had to be traded the following Oct. I think that bugged Bill, and that's why we saw "Bill had no plan, post Brady". He did, it was Jimmy. When Brady made that impossible, I think it frustrated Bill because it flew in the face of getting rid of older players a year early instead of a year late. When there was no plan, post 2017, it's because the plan was Jimmy. Bill never embraced the undisputed GOAT era of Tom's career, because it flew in the face of how he ran the team. This is what we do because this is what we do. He was unable to look at it and say "well, let's ride this horse to the end", and I think he had a level of resentment because of it.

I think that Bill's plan to move on from Tom to Jimmy was thwarted, and that bugged him. I think the Atlanta victory on 2/7/17 forced those plans to change, and made it so Jimmy had to be traded the following Oct. I think that bugged Bill, and that's why we saw "Bill had no plan, post Brady". He did, it was Jimmy. When Brady made that impossible, I think it frustrated Bill because it flew in the face of getting rid of older players a year early instead of a year late. When there was no plan, post 2017, it's because the plan was Jimmy. Bill never embraced the undisputed GOAT era of Tom's career, because it flew in the face of how he ran the team. This is what we do because this is what we do. He was unable to look at it and say "well, let's ride this horse to the end", and I think he had a level of resentment because of it.
Before the October blow up in Brady's contract of that year, right after the Super Bowl win, Belichick was offered trades for Brady and refused them, laughed at them. This is before the Fall conversation in which Kraft said they would not trade Brady.

You would think Belichick would perhaps stop to consider, even if for just 5 seconds, whether to trade Brady or not, or to run it up the flagpole. He's not stupid. He wasn't going to move on from Brady at that point.

I don't buy that he was frustrated that he couldn't move on.

To prepare an exit with Brady was the right thing to do, he was 39 at the time going on 40, so of course Belichick had to plan for that. But I believe he was going to ride out the entire 2017 season with Garoppolo as the backup even if that meant he'd get no value for him in a trade. We even discussed that on this board, that it was worth just riding it out until the end.

or bb was fine with tb being the g.o.a.t. as long as tb continued to operate day to day as a link in the chain with no separate/special treatment required. tb bought into that for a long time, then certain situations made tb change his mind about accepting that. guererro, la giz and other family members getting in his ear,jimmy being drafted,whatever. tb was far and away the best qb in football for well over a decade before it seemed that things got contentious. bb is one of the most consistent people i've witnessed in football as far as his approach to things.i buy this version more than bb suddenly hates tb's level of achievements. remember,tb was the alpha dog on the team. his example set the example for others...POSITIVELY AND NEGATIVELY. why do you think tb was never visible on the sidelines when he was hurt in 08 like so many other players? because i bet bb felt that the team would be all bummed seeing him knowing he wasn't playing and they needed to rally around cassel. sometimes he had hurt players there but not a guy of tb's level in a singular position.

as far as bb talking up cam vs. harshness with others,that is also very much bb. what he expects of you/the team is inversely proportioned to how he talks about you/them publicly. it was very noticeable. if he had a fragile team/player he'd talk them up. vice versa with a stud mentally tough player.

Last edited:
You believe that Butler didn't know why he was benched and that he and the PA just accepted it? That's crazy talk.

I don't "believe" anything.

You stated something that was factually untrue - - "Since Butler has never commented about it he looks guilty of something." - - and I showed you, down to the EXACT second, the clip on the documentary where he most definitely IS commenting on it. That is objective fact.

You said Butler not commenting on it (factually untrue) makes him look guilty. Only one person definitely knows the reason why BB benched Butler - - -and you are making an exception to your rule for him.

"Crazy Talk" is saying you assign guilt to someone whom you claim isn't commenting, yet the one person who is actually not commenting, you then side with. You're all over the place.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
......also somehow it became public that 2/5's of the Patriots had the flu and the Colts raised the temperature in their dome. Mr Auerbach would've been proud.
........but yeah, 8 years later psi in footballs became a national scandal........

Word was most of the defense had the flu and Polian turned the heat up in the stadium. Pat's were the better team but the better team doesn't always win.

NaPolian also pumped in fake crowd noise whenever we had the ball during the 2nd half.

Don't forget the criminally corruptible & incompetent zebras... Face-Guarding, anyone?

...Brady's goof daydreaming when Caldwell was waving his hands was a rare blunder by Tom.

Brady didn't see him sooner because after the Gaffney penalty made it 1st/15 instead of 2nd/3, he for some strange reason came out of the huddle behind Center instead of Shotgun formation... Had he been in the latter, I'm sure he would've seen BugEyes sooner than he did.

They were overmatched in 2013 and had no shot without Gronk and when Talib did his 2nd annual tap out of an important game. If you're referring to not getting WR's around Brady, that's another story.

Agree.

Repeatedly going for it on 4th down rather than kicking field goals kept them out of the Super Bowl.

Yep, and so did having Chris Harper return punts in Denver two months earlier.

Dante Scarnecchia just slammed it and said he's not watching it because whomever did it couldn't be bothered to actually interview coaches like him, Fears, Weis, Crennel, etc.

Not shocking that a documentary that dares to expose Bill's faults is not overwhelming supported by Pats Nation.

Not shocking that a documentary that dares to expose Bill's faults is not overwhelming supported by Pats Nation.
What's your opinion on what Scar just said?

I don't blame him. I stopped after episode 4. I have my pet peeves with Bill, but the Bill bashing was even over the top for me.

My main complaint with the series was the time jumping, poor editing and ignoring players and now coaches. They just wanted to focus on Bill sabotaging the team for 24 years. What a streak!

Like Van Noy, who also wasn't interviewed, they feel left out and it's sour grapes.
What did Van Noy say? They are the ones that lived it sorry if all your interested in is the drama between 3 people and not the 100s of other interesting people/stories.

What did Van Noy say? They are the ones that lived it sorry if all your interested in is the drama between 3 people and not the 100s of other interesting people/stories.
i mean,the hilarity of saying scar feels left out and has sour grapes because he wasn't interviewed is still making me gasp for air. he liked being interviewed even less than bb did.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back