PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Whether it pissed them off or not, they WON afterward.

And the people who were really pissed were guys like Amendola who weren't even in New England and didn't win after that.

Guys like Slater and McCourty talked about 2 things sending the wrong vibe: Belichick and Brady's relationship and second their treatment for kneeling across the NFL and its relevance to New England and Trump
Are you obtuse? Did you miss both Slater and McCourty talking about Bill sabotaging the Eagles SB? Or you just willingly won’t mention it because it doesn’t fit your narrative?

Are you obtuse? Did you miss both Slater and McCourty talking about Bill sabotaging the Eagles SB? Or you just willingly won’t mention it because it doesn’t fit your narrative?
Upstutter has been emasculated. He's got nothing left. All of his lies exposed, by everyone hearing it directly from the players, execs and owner. It's a complete and total annihilation of his bs theories.

Since reading comprehension seems to be an issue. I wanted him gone after the SB. Does not mean if someone said he would win in 2018 would not have changed my mind.
You ah a dumb

Finished it.

Not bad. There's an obvious slant that's anti-Bill, but if the documentary tried to be 100% unbiased, Belichick would still come away looking bad. Let's be honest, Bill ****ed up and had flaws.

And it confirms what I thought - Belichick grew resentful of Brady and his growing reputation. Belichick wanted to prove he made Brady, and that he could win with anyone. For whatever reason, it deeply bothered Belichick that Brady's reputation grew as much as it did, as he felt that Brady was a guy that he made, rather than Brady being truly great, and to Belichick it was important that everyone recognized he was much more important.

I guess Belichick didn't appreciate what he had with Tom.

Last edited:
The issue I have with this is how one sided it all is. The truth, especially of a 20 year relationship, is never one sided. BB is getting his name dragged through the streets and being used as a punching bag without defending himself. I suspect we won’t get his side of the story until he retires as it’s never a good look to defend yourself against your previous employer.

People don't want to accept that it became a binary choice between Brady and Belichick at that point. It wasn't a situation where Kraft could tell Belichick to keep Tom and treat him differently. Tom was no longer tolerating Bill's treatment. He wasn't going to stay unless significant changes were made to how Bill ran the team.

Kraft went with the coach who just won a defensively driven Super Bowl who in theory should have had a longer shelf life, than the QB in his 40's. It wasn't some crazy decision either. Brady realistically played well for about 2 more years and fell off in the third (though not bad enough that he absolutely had to retire). What was unexpected, and most of this fanbase would likely acknowledge, is that the mythologizing about Bill Belichick and his magic system fell apart as soon as Brady left and he turned back into the guy from Cleveland and the team progressively got worse until his tenure was untenable.

But at the end of the day it came down to a choice and Belichick was the safer choice. Even if everything on the Brady end went exactly the same, nobody expected Bill Belichick to tank the way he did and look completely incompetent and hire goons like Patricia.
I still wonder had the Rams game turned out differently then the story line may have changed as well. After the Eagles loss, it sure looked like everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) seemed to be done with Bill. I for one admire both of them and was hoping they could have worked something out.

Think through what you just typed. Bill benches the best DB in the SB we lost because we could not stop a cold and he did not tell anyone why.

Nobody knows why is the worst part of this. Think of the hubris. Bill was so ****ing full of himself that he did not bother to even tell people why he did it. I have no clue how Brady tolerated him for 20 years. Infuriating.

Personally this was the game that did it for me. I wanted him gone after. It was simply unforgivable.
What was crazy was Amedola's really considering staying with the Pats but demanded to know why Butler was benched. BB wouldn't say, so that ended up being a huge part of why he moved on. Nuts.

Going back to spygate and the Patriots rep as cheaters...

Funny that of all the players and employees that left the team on less than good terms, not one of them said they were cheating. Not one. You'd think someone would have said they saw it happen or heard about it happening if it really was happening but.... not a word. Go figure.
Pro sports is full of what I call microcheating. An OL trying to get away with a hold. A DB grabbing a jersey. A TE pretending they really caught the ball. Every f'ing flop. Many people are trying to get away with something on basically every play. Like it or not, it's ingrained in sports. Heck, I used to get shocked by people trying to cheat in random computer games when no money was at stake, but it's so darn pervasive and sad. It's the history of the world.

You're another guy who doesn't like winning Super Bowls. They were so mad that....... they played great and won the next Super Bowl.

"As players we felt Malcolm Butler should have been out there, but at the end of the day, that's not our call. We trust our coach."

"We trust our coach." Such harsh words against Belichick.

"If you would have told me before the game, "Malcolm Butler is not going to play. Does that help you win?" I would have said, No."

Something you could say about almost every single member of the team. "David Andrews is not going to play. Does that help you win?"

You dreamed them saying they thought he sabotaged the game. You're so twisted against Belichick at this point, you're making thing up.

Those two were much much harder on the Trump stuff and they specifically singled out the big 3, Belichick, Kraft and Brady for their support. They were against the fans as well who made that year miserable for them. In fact, the fans' boos clearly left a mark and contributed to the toxic atmosphere.

When Kraft undermined Belichick for the 2018 season by bringing back Guerrero, that's when Belichick frosted his relationship with Brady for the next 2 years. He had been undermined.
Let me ask you a watching comprehension question. Why do you think Kraft undermined BB by bringing back Guerrero for the 2018 season? I'll give you a hint because you're having trouble. TB12 signed a 2 year $30mill restructure on Aug 10, 2018 weeks before everyone found out Guerrero was back in the fold.

It's amazing though how some of these grown men were afraid of BB. If they had a problem, why didn't they just have a conversation with him. And I'm referring to the highest paid or best players - Tom Brady in particular.
Overheard at TC:

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day, you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ****ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian ****! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on...[okay I'll stop there]"

And Kraft should just stay above it all instead of trying to pass all the bad and collect all the good.
Kraft's had plenty of mea culpas... right from close to the beginning when he basically said in the series that he was a loosely not so influential team Bledsoe member during the DB/TB debate. Plus he all but said... yeah if I had to do it again, I should've kept Brady over BB.

Let me ask you a watching comprehension question. Why do you think Kraft undermined BB by bringing back Guerrero for the 2018 season? I'll give you a hint because you're having trouble. TB12 signed a 2 year $30mill restructure on Aug 10, 2018 weeks before everyone found out Guerrero was back in the fold.
That was obvious. Kraft even said that. It was said plainly.

Talk about drama... Haven't seen one episode but it seems like a huge distraction

Here is how the Patriots Dynasty Part II is destined to continue:

In the Sixth Round of the 2024 NFL Draft, using the pick acquired from the trade of Mac Jones, (one time potential replacement for Tom Brady), the Patriots select the most athletic QB in this year’s draft, Joe Milton III from Tennessee.

Six quarterbacks were selected before the strong armed Milton, who now refers to this group as the “Milton VI”.

Coach Mayo noted during their introductory call that Milton told him, “You just made the best selection in the history of the franchise”. Robert Kraft smiled upon over hearing the audacious statement!

And the rest as they say is History!

Brian Hoyer reveals Tom gives him cryptic message to be ready to play in 2019 before he got the new contract before the season. Hoyer puts the pieces together and insinuates Tom wanted to be a FA after the 2019 season. Also, there's no way Tom called him "babe". That's got to be a Freudian slip.

I just finished.

I’m more locked in to my opinion on the Bill/Tom relationship than before.

Bill loves to coach. After the 2016 season, Tom had outgrown Bill. He no longer needed him, knew the answers to the test. Bill brought nothing to the table new for Tom to continue growing. The son had outgrown the father. I believe that Bill resented Tom because of that fact. He’d rather have a QB he can coach up rather than one who could run autonomously. So, in his dysfunctional, socially broken way, he tortured Tom until he left. I really believe Bill would rather have a borderline playoff team with a QB who needs him than one who can do it without him.

When Mac failed under the pressure that Bill gives, Bill never spoke to Mac again they say. It’s because Bill had to look in the mirror and see his failure as opposed to just ignoring him and moving on to the next man up. This guy can’t handle it? Just keep coaching. Next man up.

It’s fascinating stuff.

Brian Hoyer reveals Tom gives him cryptic message to be ready to play in 2019 before he got the new contract before the season. Hoyer puts the pieces together and insinuates Tom wanted to be a FA after the 2019 season. Also, there's no way Tom called him "babe". That's got to be a Freudian slip.

Jules says in his podcast that Brady calls people babe all the time.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back