PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

Prior to that season, they were going on a 10 drought losing 2 straight Super Bowls, 2 straight back to back AFCCG's in a row (3 total) and 8-7 in the playoffs. They were on edge in that game against the Seahawks and Brady looked like he was going to faint had the Seahawks scored the game winning TD. Needed a miracle from an undrafted rookie CB executing his assignment when he got beat more often than not during practice on that specific play.

Butler's INT was the most important play of the 2nd Dynasty. Had they lost like that again, there probably would've been major finger pointing and Bill would've wanted to move Tom (play Jimmy) and Tom would've wanted Bill gone. They were too good to have that drought continue on like that.
Man, can you imagine this fanbase if it were in Baltimore where they had one playoff win in 10 years?

You guys are outrageously tough.

First off, they did a rebuild on the fly in 2010. It was a miracle they were even in the 2011 Super Bowl, which they should have won if not for an injury to Gronk, a horrible grounding call that gave the Giants the ball for 20 minutes of the 1st half, and a miracle catch (framed around a horrendous drop by Welker).

You can't win the Super Bowl regularly. Those are crazy expectations.

If Kraft is going to fire coaches that readily, be prepared for a never-ending revolving door of coaching.

I truly believe Parcells was right when he mentioned owners think they know football but they're clueless. We see this with billionaires regularly, they just assume expertise because they were very good at the thing that made them rich, so they assume the same principles apply everywhere.

This statement is so wrong, it’s not just Wrong it’s WRONG.

The results of 51 & 53 have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the abomination of 52.
They have everything to do with it. Belichick was notoriously strict, and that made every single player accountable. We rarely had the problems other teams had regularly. We can even name like two players that checked out, Adalius Thomas being one. Other teams have this happen regularly.

Man, can you imagine this fanbase if it were in Baltimore where they had one playoff win in 10 years?

You guys are outrageously tough.

First off, they did a rebuild on the fly in 2010. It was a miracle they were even in the 2011 Super Bowl, which they should have won if not for an injury to Gronk, a horrible grounding call that gave the Giants the ball for 20 minutes of the 1st half, and a miracle catch (framed around a horrendous drop by Welker).

You can't win the Super Bowl regularly. Those are crazy expectations.

If Kraft is going to fire coaches that readily, be prepared for a never-ending revolving door of coaching.

I truly believe Parcells was right when he mentioned owners think they know football but they're clueless. We see this with billionaires regularly, they just assume expertise because they were very good at the thing that made them rich, so they assume the same principles apply everywhere.
They were 14-2 and 13-3 in both 2010 and 2011. They were by far the best team in the AFC in those years.

Baltimore isn't in the same class as the Pats. Their Super Bowl in 2012 was a fluke. Tom and Bill together were out of everyone's league.

They were 14-2 and 13-3 in both 2010 and 2011. They were by far the best team in the AFC in those years.
We were still rebuilding. Look at the core players that won the last 3 SBs. They weren't there yet, McCourty, Hightower, Edelman, even Gronk had just arrived on the scene. Meanwhile all the cogs had retired.

Actually, that would make it worse. Bill isn't one to be judging who players sleep with given his own adulterous past.
What happens if it was with Guzzle …

We were still rebuilding. Look at the core players that won the last 3 SBs. They weren't there yet, McCourty, Hightower, Edelman, even Gronk had just arrived on the scene. Meanwhile all the cogs had retired.
They were still better than their competition.

That was the funniest thing in the series. Unintentional comic gold.

I agree - - I guffawed at that. (The only funnier Pats documentary moment was the ESPN "The Two Bills" - when thetalking heads describe the the Belichick Jets declining job press conference in January 2000. 3 or 4 talking heads follow each other in succession describing how catastrophic, uncomfortable, weird, etc. that press conference was...........immediate cut to a joyous open smiling Kraft "I thought it was GREAT press conference!" :p

But what isn't funny is his driving the school bus into the lake at the very last moment of that SB 52 season for his own personal reasons (NOT in the "best interests of the team) - an affront to the 53 players who put their bodies and lives on the line and the fans who follow the team , spend their money and give their loyalty. Amedola was openly bitter in that doc about it - - and he has every right to be.

If Belichick had any SHRED of decency he would explain to the players and the fans why he pulled the plug.

Last edited:
I agree - - I guffawed at that. (The only funnier Pats documentary moment was the ESPN "The Two Bills" - when thetalking heads describe the the Belichick Jets declining job press conference in January 2000. 3 or 4 talking heads follow each other in succession describing how catastrophic, uncomfortable, weird, etc. that press conference was...........immediate cut to a joyous open smiling Kraft "I thought it was GREAT press conference!" :p

But what isn't funny is his driving the school bus into the lake at the very last moment of that SB 52 season for his own personal reasons (NOT in the "best interests of the team) - an affront to the 53 players who put their bodies and lives on the line and the fans who follow the team , spend their money and give their loyalty.

If he had any SHRED of decency he would explain to the players and the fans why he pulled the plug.

I don't think it's ever going to come out.

Defense wasn't up to par. I can't see how you say this given how thoroughly the Ravens destroyed us.
They beat the Ravens in 2011.

They had no business losing to the Jets at home in 2010.

They had no business losing to the Giants...again.

There's no way you were saying during those seasons that the Pats weren't arguably the best in the league with Tom and Bill.

IF Grazer was after the WHOLE truth, he failed miserably. But I don't think that was the aim of this -- it couldn't have been, the way things were set up. Belichick's side of the story has yet to be told. Hopefully it will down the road sometime after he and Brady (and perhaps Kraft) are in the Hall of Fame.
Bill was a man amongst boys. A leader. Fact. The lot of them went to war for and with Bill… the biggest follower of his was Brady .. nough said. Bill will never ****y out and do a “ he said she said “ .. butt hurt Kraft did…. Real men don’t do that ****. Shameful. Brady never came out and *****ed … he probably had it the hardest … he is a man’s man. Tough as nails.

They beat the Ravens in 2011.

They had no business losing to the Jets at home in 2010.

They had no business losing to the Giants...again.

There's no way you were saying during those seasons that the Pats weren't arguably the best in the league with Tom and Bill.
I already wrote about 2011 and the series of craziness that lead to that loss.

The defense was still subpar in 2010. it wasn't even fixed by 2012. The offense was lights out in these years, but this wasn't a complete team.

Man, venecol, you would be really easy to manipulate. "But that's what the interviews said!"

How do we know? WE ALREADY KNOW he manipulated TWO of the interviews in such a way as to upset those who agreed to those interviews. How can we be sure he didn't do it with anybody else's? How can we be sure his facts are presented in an accurate light based on his statements regarding Kraft?

This is base level propaganda tactics, venecol. Seriously, you need to educate yourself on how things can be slanted just with an edit, a piece of music, choice of words.
Because he showed multiple interviews saying the same thing. Are you saying those guys deny or walk back what they said, OR that not everything they said, was shown.

Director interviewed 70 people, several for >5 hours. There was 100s of hours of tape. Of course he had to edit it. Unless, you're implying that he spliced different parts of interviews to say something that wasn't meant at all. If so, I don't buy that. That would be beyond dumb, given all the people that witnessed what happened.

No, the stories are true. Maybe, he can be accused of over emphasizing portions too much, but they appear to be accurate. We would've already heard otherwise. This wasn't a movie, where they take creative liberties to dramatize events.

I stated a fact - - that's what Butler said in the documentary. That's an obective fact that he said it.

You stated your personal subjective opinion.

It is what it is.

But, go ahead, keep believing the guy who flat out lied to the interviewer right there on the screen - per Glasper today in the Globe:

Belichick: “Matt, we’ve talked about that.”
Hamachek: “I didn’t ask you about it.”
Belichick then delivers his patented silent icy glare into the camera."

We all choose whom we want to believe. Those that still eat up what Belichick says in public about SB 52 obviously have chosen poorly.

His decision was in no way "What was best for the team". It was a personal temper tantrum. He drove the school bus into the lake.

You did not state a fact. You repeated what someone said (hearsay). It proves nothing. Without knowing why Bill benched Butler its hard to make definitive judgment.
We are all speculating.
Now Kraft did say it was personal but still seems odd Butler will not say anything about it.
If Kraft is to be believed…it was inexcusable bs by Bill.
I do not know if Kraft can be believed.
He seems out to destroy Bill to make himself look good

I already wrote about 2011 and the series of craziness that lead to that loss.

The defense was still subpar in 2010. it wasn't even fixed by 2012. The offense was lights out in these years, but this wasn't a complete team.
2012 was the start, but 2014 was when it was fixed. While they had a good defense in 2013, they were overmatched by the Broncos, especially when Talib tapped out again. That was the only team that was better than them during that drought.

They steamroll the Ravens in 2012 with Gronk and Talib.

And they were Wrong to have done that.

You guys who have wished yourselves into believing Butler would've saved that Super Bowl should go back and watch it again. Patricia game-planned the softest, most passive zone scheme in the history of playoff football. The whole idea was slowing Philly down just enough to beat them offensively, NOT stop them. Butler was not a difference-maker late that year and whether he could've stemmed the tide that day, in THAT defense, is questionable at best.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back