PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Jack Jones and Jake Bailey moved to "Reserve/Suspended"

Yikes. Weird for Bailey to be on there. Not great for Jack though.

Makes you wonder if it's related somehow. Honestly, if a cornerback and punter are hanging out with each other enough to get in trouble together, I call that a team building success.

My real guess is something to do with them complaining/rebelling against the questionable coaching and coaches.

Bailey couldn’t give less of an F, really. Move on if need be.

Would be a shame though with Jones if this manifests into something more than a hiccup.

Last edited:
Well, I love this team - have for a long time. Looks like they are consistently good at something

shooting-leg-shooting-foot.gif

The team benefits by suspending Bailey.

He had 4.5 million guaranteed for 2023.
If it seems like they're doing that over something minor, I'd expect a grievance to be filled.

That said, the really odd thing is that they backdated it to 12/31, which puts two games checks at risk for them. I have to wonder why the team is suddenly playing hardball over players on IR.

If this really goes south then it'll put a major dent in the value of the 2022 draft class. JJ was looking like a definite keeper.
I would agree provided it does turn into something serious. Jones showed a lot of potential, but for a kid who has three more years to go on a rookie contract, hard to believe he would think he's above the rules. Obviously, this one needs more context before we make any real judgement. Definitely a strange development.

If Jake Bailey is cheating and this is the performance he gave, he should be cut.

Yikes. Bad look trying to squeeze pennies from a punter.
It's not pennies. His 2023 salary was fully guaranteed. If the suspension isn't revoked, that guarantee is voided.

Now if this goes to grievance don't the Patriots have to save half that money till the dispute is resolved ?

Jones's agent's post is troubling.

They are trying to come to an amicable resolution [of whatever the problem is].

But if they don't?

Has this agent explained to Jones that the Patriots own his rights?

This isn't like transferring to a new college.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back